08/23: Be Someone: Houston vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 21, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-8-21_16-1-52.jpeg

Game: Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas
    Date: Thursday, August 23rd
    Time: 8:00 PM [CST]
    Location: BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny; H 99, L 77
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: L-L-L-L-L
    Live TV: KSTR-49 UniMas | Twitter
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Not trying to be dramatic, especially in a derby game but we have to beat these assclowns. 5 straight losses in the league. Technically won their Open Cup semi in between some of those Ls but that was on penalties and they really should've lost.

Just win, baby.

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should pound these guys, but I thought that before the SJ home game too. Winning this one would put us within 4 wins of tying our 60 season points record with 9 more games to play.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're getting Elis back. He's their best player and would explain their losing streak. Hopefully he's not sharp.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He looked like ass the last time we played them (if he's the same one I'm thinking of) but I'm sure that means he'll score a brace this time.

6. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm betting that Pablito gets fouled at least 8 times.

7. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Broadcast is unwatchable.

8. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Colman costs us another game. I'm just going to stop watching whenever he enters the field until someone in the club finds some sense to get rid of him.

9. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colman misses an absolute sitter all alone on the back post. Can we just cut this guy loose and promote a youth forward already? And immediately thereafter the Creamsicles tie it up. Infuriating.

This Houston team is awful. How we didn't put 4 goals past them is beyond me.

10. GaSarge

GaSarge Member

FC Dallas, Liverpool, Bayern Munich,
    United States
    Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man this pisses me off! I just want a striker who can score on a SEMI regular basis. If we had a 12-15 goal scorer we would be leading the SS race. We don't even have a player in the top 30 in goals.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lots to iron out with Badji and Pablo but man are we hurting for a serious striker.

Houston was shit rotten and I was embarrassed we were tied up with them. Thought Barrios saved us but noooo....

12. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not in the habit of being forgiving to Colman but he was more dangerous than Badji. And he provided some decent target forward play that ended up getting Barrios his goal.

Getting a point on the road with so many new pieces trying to adjust themselves at the same time is not bad.

13. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m still pi$$ed about the headbutt red card and all the slights by the league before that.
    Aranguiz took a Muy Thai elbow last night and the league’s servant on the field called nothing. Then, Barrios outpaced the line’s eyes and was questionably penalized for it.
    The league has its ways.

14. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018

There is no doubt the elbow was intentional to Arrainguez. But did Cannon's kick to the groin first half have anything to do with it, possible retribution? On slow motion it looked like Reggie went out of his way to kick high into Quieto (sp?) crotch in the first half and caught him solid. If I am him, an elbow to the head of an important Dallas player may be my response if the refs don't control the game.

15. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He was more dangerous because he made more space to play into as a result of the goal and the game being in the late stages. And even then, he fluffed his lines on a wide open header, made a mess out of a good 1v1 opportunity against a defender, and looked totally out of sync with his teammates with his movements.

The guy is done here. His confidence is totally shattered and playing him at this point is a detriment to the team and himself because he just falls lower with every opportunity he gets. I'd play anyone but him at this point and just find him another club. Just hasn't worked out for the poor guy here.

16. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, any competent forward would bury that header and we'd be leaving the swamp with 3 pts.

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Cristian Colmán showed exactly why when he's done in Dallas, there'll be no lack of volunteers to drive him to the airport.

At the end of the day, he's paid to score goals, and Dominique Badji has scored more recently in an FCD shirt than he has, no matter how "dangerous" he might've looked. (And knowing what we know about Colmán's strike rate, how dangerous did he look really?)

18. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    How are you guys liking Marquinhos so far? I think he's equipped himself well into this team and is beginning to make that LB spot his own. My expectations were honestly a bit low, probably since I thought we lost a really nifty player in Ned, but he's delivered for the most part.

If the playoffs began next week, what would your preferred lineup/formation of play be? Cannon-Hedges-Ziegler-Marquinhos is our best back line, Gruezo-Ulloa will be the midfield pairing, Barrios and Mosquera are our best wingers and should start, and Urruti should be up front no matter what form he's in because of the energy he brings to the team. GK is up for some debate with Jesse's inconsistent form and the 11th player could be Hayes, Lamah, Aranguiz, or Badji, depending on what Papi wants to play. I'd like to see 4-3-3 with Hayes, otherwise a 4-2-3-1 with Pablito as a #10 as long as he continues to grow and settle in with the game time he gets between now and October.

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I honestly feel like Marquinhos is fantastic and he's better than Ned was. Long may it continue because there was a time I was impressed by Grana too.

20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im newish to the MLS but im watching a lot now whenever a game is aired. Although I don't have ESPN so I miss out on a lot of games, anyway. There are some interesting players in this team, I like Ulloa and Gruezo's movements in midfield and Badji up front looks good up front too.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Plenty of room on the FCD train. Welcome aboard! Hope you brought tissues.

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well im trying to get to know all the teams and the league in general, but I find the two Texas teams pretty interesting

also, will help me once Miami gets up and running as I will be a full on supporter once it gets going.

what do you guys think of that Hollingshead guy? I saw him against Houston when he came on and he managed to singlehandedly scuff up a clear one on one all thanks to that brilliant first touch of his.

23. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the guy, but he's a reserve wingback for a reason.

Doogs repped this.
  24. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hollingshead is an effort guy. He's never going to be the best guy on the field, but he's also never going to be the worst and he's never going to give up on the play.

25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then you might like it one of those two lose their spot to Colombian international Abel Aguilar. He's in camp out of contract and rumored to be signing. If FCD gets rid of Colman to clear a spot for him his value goes up instantly.