08/19: A Blessing & A Curse: KC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 17, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Sporting Kansas City vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, August 19th
    Time: 7:30 PM [CST]
    Location: Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 91, L 69
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: L-D-W-D-D
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 9-5-10 | 37 pts | 3rd in the West (7th overall)
    Live TV: KTXA-21.1 [DFW]; FCDallas.com [DFW]; Altitude [Denver]; MLS Direct Kick/MLSLive [Out of Market]
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

My first game in KC. Wish I was more optimistic about getting revenge on these shits.

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the game the karma of all the goals that didn't count that should have and goals that were taken away but should have gets reversed? Karma owes us one from last year for sure.

3. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My prediction:
    KC 1, FCD 0, VAR 2

asflagg and schlomo repped this.
  4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to start eyeing the panic button.

One point in the last four games. One goal in the last four games. FCD is now closer to the red line than to the top of the West.

TxEx, schlomo and TCS35 repped this.
  5. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Why even bother with Morales on the bench if you're going to go to Craft even before him?

Once again Tesho isn't an answer. At some point Pareja needs to bench Grana or Lamah or someone. This combination isn't working. If Diaz isn't available why on earth is Pomykal or Cannon not starting. Can things actually be any worse if you play the kids? Losing is losing and that seems to be all they're doing lately with their big money signings.

TCS35 repped this.
  6. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most concerning thing is that the malaise doesn't seem to be limited to any particular part of the team. Every player seems stuck in second gear. I was actually secretly optimistic that the Vancouver game was the start of some kind of turnaround since we did create chances. But we were pretty toothless in this one. Bad time for the defense to start looking porous. I think other teams are starting to salivate a little bit when they get set pieces against us.

7. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not reading too much into this one. We almost always suck in KC. Now, if we continue to suck on Wednesday at home...

8. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    One of the saddest things about this team is its fan base. Look into other MLS team threads, and their match threads are way bigger. There are probably max 10 people that participate in FC Dallas threads - which by eye average 200-600 views. Christ, RSL is averaging 2000+ views of their match day threads.

What is that??

9. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC board has gotten much quieter also. Apparently all the cool kids hang out on Reddit now. BS - and message boards in general - don't have the vitality they once did.

10. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I guess I haven't thought of that. People keep telling me how odd it is that I never use Reddit.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember a time when this place was a blaze with discussion from many posters...

upload_2017-8-22_17-52-36.jpeg

As for the game, I feel mixed about it. We dominated play before their goal (Grana is Dallas' answer to Alberto Moreno) and after that the first half ended very shakey. Second half we possessed well again but looked toothless going forward. Tesho had a brilliant chance. That's about it. Very troubling on that end.

That being said, I think we're just in a funk. MLS is a big roller coaster for most teams. Just look at Chicago lately. We must win on Wednesday for so many reasons. If we look toothless, inept and/or don't get a result there then I'll start panicking a bit. As bad as we've been lately, we win our two games in hand (I know, I know), we're in 1st place in the West.

12. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Soccer cut its own leg off years and years ago. An extremely hard core control of speech and use of aggressive moderating pushed lots of users away. Things are better nowadays but it's too late.

13. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Its just a generational thing. My son is on Reddit all the time.
    Why the hell would they move up the game on a weekday anyway? Moving pretty much all the summer games back to 7 from 8 was just stupid and once again it shows up in the stands and puts a focus on the lack of concern by the FO to the attending fans.. Sigh.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game's on UniMas, so I'm sure that they're the reason for the early start time, just like a national broadcast in Canada on TSN was the cause of the ridiculous start time for the TFC game.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, it is a shame that it's moved up but the bigger shame is that it's on a Wednesday all together. MLS did a great job trying to kill our rivalry with not putting any of our 3 games on Saturday nights this season.

upload_2017-8-23_10-9-40.jpeg

16. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you know there's a hell of a lot more on Reddit than soccer. If I were a kid I would be addicted to Reddit too. If you are unaware of what's available to Reddit users, please learn fast or ask someone that knows.

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm beginning to wonder whether it's the FCD front office that wants these midweek games so that don't have to deal with big numbers of visiting fans. I have to think that they could raise hell if they wanted the income from 1-2k extra fans as this has happened for several years now and includes KC also.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I seriously have to wonder about what the strategy is for the Hunts with FCD. Are they just punting for when the HoF is open? Do they think that will be the magic pill that will make everyone flock to Frisco every weekend? Did they not learn their lesson the first time? I don't know, I hate sounding ungrateful. The Hunts are the sole reason we still have an MLS team whatsoever. However, I look at the other teams in the league and feel like we're being left behind on an island with Colorado & Columbus. I hate going to other stadiums and having envy of the game day experience, stadium and overall set up of other teams. I don't think there's one SSS that I'm not envious of (not necessarily location but look in general) except Columbus. Guess who built that one?

The worst part about it is that the other teams aren't doing anything super out of the box. The solutions seem simple yet we still look so minor league and if there's anywhere you can't be minor league and stand out, it's a top 4 market like DFW.

SeventhRowScreamer repped this.
  19. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's going to make it more obvious is when every event held, just a couple of miles up the road, at The Star is packed.
    Jerry spends tons of money and makes more back.
    His passion is making everything Cowboys related, the absolute pinnacle.
    The Hunt boys leak out a little money and make a little bit more back. They are comfortable just making money. FCD is not really their passion. It's part of the family's empire.
    Keeping the family business intact is their passion.

20. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um Duh? Thanks Captain Obvious.

21. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. Just making sure.
    Some parents have no clue.

22. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet Jerry will have (or already has) a sign on DNT telling drivers where to exit for The Star. Still no sign for Toyota Stadium on DNT coming from the south.

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes. It was also bizarre to me that they would put the (the exact name of it is escaping me at the moment -- the big sign thing that says "Toyota Stadium" with digital info) further up the Tollway, instead of south, where the majority of people are coming from.