08/10: Cry Fowl: FCD vs Minnesota [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 8, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2019-8-8_10-14-40.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs Minnesota United FC
    Date: Saturday, August 10th
    Time: 7:00 pm [Local] | 0:00 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 102, L 81
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: W-W-D-D-W [All Competitions]
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KAMR-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KFXK-51.2 [Tyler] | KFDX-28.2 (KJBO) [Wichita Falls] | Fox Sports North+ [Minnesota] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM Univision [Spanish]

With 2 tough road games on the horizon, this is basically must-win.

2. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Loon perspective, it will be interesting to see how we react (meaning: avoid a letdown) following last night's Biggest Win in Franchise History (pat. pend.)...

Quintero, Toye and Molino did not go the full 90, and Rodriguez and Ibarra didn't even make the 18. The downside is that Alonso and Opara both put a lot of miles on those 30+ year old legs last night.

Given the short turnaround and that forecast, I'd be thrilled with escaping Frisco with a draw. Even that might require Mannone to stand on his head again.

3. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard for me to imagine any other result than a really dull 0-0 draw. Our defense is playing pretty well and we're at home. But our offense is sputtering badly and it's hard to see us figuring that out any time soon. August. 7pm start. The live experience will be boiling and the TV experience will not be must-see TV. I think I'm going to take a nap during this one.

4. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our record in "must win" games must be abysmal.
    The wife is not too torqued up about sitting on the east side for this one. All of my season ticket buddies are also conveniently out. I may be lone wolf for this.
    TXA 21 is back so I can record all the awesomeness! Yay!

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so fast. Cowboy's game will conflict and I didn't pay attention to what happens next as I will be at the game trying not to pass out from heat exhaustion and low expectations.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After watching the first 20 minutes, I wasn't expecting an 8-goal barn burner but that's MLS for ya. Glad we pulled it out but there's still a ton of questions about our defense. If we do manage to squeak into the playoffs, it'll be as the 7th seed.

Pegasus repped this.
  7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think Acosta is a dmid by himself. The team looked so much better when Servania entered. It seemed to enliven Pomykal who I think had to stay deeper because he was partnered with the more attacking Ferreira (who did make the defensive play of the game with a goal saving run and tackle).

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh and I think Roberts was the smart choice for the last sub. Move Ferreira to forward and put Reynolds at one of the wings. Heck play him at CF. He has to be better than Cobra and may he better than Badji and Colman. If only they’d acquired him from some obscure league they’d give him a shot at forward.

9. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess FCD needed all of those goals in one game, but I sure wish they'd figure out how to do that every game.

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant Reynolds for the last sub. Did stay for first half of NTSC and Roberts stood out as the best player. Kids got some real skill and is starting to get the physical and defensive side. Not there yet but getting there.

11. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TXA-21 came on at 9:00.
    I guess it's a good sign that Jesse had a crap game and the team managed to score enough to cover for him. I guess Hollingshead's goal makes up for his defensive lapses on two of their goals.
    It is possible to have yellow cards rescinded after the game? Reggie's yellow was for taking off his shirt to wipe Toye's loogy off it after Toye got the red for spitting on him. Hygiene seems like a good reason to take off your shirt.

12. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Was the card because he removed it on the field versus on the sideline? Ridiculous card and just curious what exact rule it was that was broken.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a generic you can't remove your jersey ever yellow card. He just served a yellow card suspension and I doubt it will matter as I don't think there's time enough for him to accumulate another suspension. If ever there was a way to rescind one this would be it but it seems it's an auto card with no way to take back.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not expecting it to get rescinded because this league is a joke.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see Miami might be going after Edison Cavani. How perfect would he be for FCD? Someone like him is the missing piece but management won't ever do it.