07/27: FCD vs RSL [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 25, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game
    : FC Dallas vs Real Salt Lake
    Date: Saturday, July 27th
    Time: 7:00 pm [Local] | 0:00 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny; H 93, L 73
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: D-W-L-W-W
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KAMR-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KFXK-51.2 [Tyler] | KFDX-28.2 (KJBO) [Wichita Falls] | KMYU-9 [Salt Lake City] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFZO 99.1 FM Zona MX [Spanish]

Big game in a very crowded Western Conference.

2. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again with the moronic 7pm start. East side broil is almost unbearable. Is it mainly done for the TV window? You know the one that is blacked out on a lot systems? Guess it could help the stadium workforce in getting home earlier.
    Soooo much better when they did 8pm starts for a couple of summers.
    Sigh.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since Dan "the man" Hunt pays for our TXA-21 time slot, I'm pretty sure our hands are tied on the 7:00 pm kickoff.

4. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Que the few fans baking on the east side on the TV feed. Looks fun come on out!
    On the plus side Espn+ is carrying Followill and Davis.

5. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Why the hell can I never see the games on 21 via YouTube tV? It’s always blocked out and says can’t be watched via internet?!

6. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    An MLS team advertises YouTube TV on their freakin jersey and I can’t watch a MLS team ON YOUTUBE TV??? WTF.... if you can only watch LAFC with the service, they shouldn’t even advertise it.... talk about MISLEADING!

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was hot garbage. FCD was completely toothless in the attack, and only Jesse's standing on his head got them the point and kept RSL from getting three and passing them.

Followill and Davis brought up something during the broadcast (thanks to the FSM that ESPN+ carried them and not the RSL broadcast) that I had not realized: This team has been really good defensively. They have given up the third-fewest goals in the league through two-thirds of the season, a stat which has undoubtedly been bolstered by only giving up a single goal in July and only six goals in nine games in June and July.

But this attack has been woefully inconsistent, to the point that a few people on Twitter were calling for Garden Snake to replace Badji as the starting striker. C'mon now, folks. Don't say things online that you'll regret.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, people online report that the Ch. 21 broadcasts are also blacked out on PlayStation Vue. Probably something to do with streaming rights.

And YouTube TV only has the rights for the local broadcasts for LAFC and Orlando City and Seattle and only if you live those areas. But FCD needs to supplement their OTA TV broadcasts with some sort of geofenced streaming service, the way that the Sounders do.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's the same on my DirecTV Now. From what I understand (and I know it sounds insane), ESPN+ has the streaming rights by default (unless you're one of the aforementioned teams like LAFC/Orlando/Seattle who have their own "local" streaming). So anyone trying to stream the game outside of ESPN+, is shit out of luck. Ironically, the ESPN+ stream will be blacked out for you if you try to watch that instead. Isn't being an FCD fan FUN?!?

As for the game, yeah, agree with Dustin. Hot garbage. I hope everyone enjoyed 2016 because I can't see this club coming anywhere close to that type of success anytime soon.

10. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    The sale of Gruezo has exacerbated the problems in attack. Because they no longer have someone who can play as a single holding mid, Acosta is asked to play deeper, and when you also don't have Pax out there, well - you have little to no attack. But even with Pax, teams will find it pretty easy to clog it up.

I'm still amused how little reaction Carlos' sale got considering the obvious impact it was going to have on the field. Dallas sold off what was literally a Top 3 DM in the league and I feel like Pablo's exit is getting more attention.

7pm starts, by all accounts, is purely a business maneuver and not tied to broadcast. Shocking, I know.

MjrGrubert repped this.
  11. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Allow me to add this: Badji, who I contend has a grocery sized bag of nothing, had probably the most frustrating single game performance of anyone in a Dallas shirt I can remember in 20 some odd years of watching this club. The ONLY good thing Dom did that night was make an honest effort to hustle off the field when ZO come on as his sub.

It was almost bad enough when he won a position to shoot somewhere between the corner of the 6 yard box and the corner of the PK area - only to shoot so badly it goes out FOR A THROW IN - it was a moment late in the game that almost caused a fan riot. (one of you xG nerds need to tell me the value placed on that opportunity)

The new guy, Edwin, was in - Dallas wins a counter and Edwin is pushing the backline with a good vertical run, Badji has the ball about 10 yards deeper. There is an attacking, slicing pass to be made to Edwin that is as obvious as his left foot, but for reasons I still don't understand - Badji holds up play and the whole thing dies like a bug on a windshield. Edwin is furious, throwing his arms about for what will be the 1st of 11teenbillion times in his FCD career.

Badji, to me, is the answer to the question of: "What if our best athletes became soccer players?"

ElJefe and MjrGrubert repped this.
  12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you get a player from another team, it's pretty common that the his former team's fans will be really quick to tell you about his weaknesses and to exaggerate those weaknesses.

But I gotta tell you, when the Colorado fans told us that Badji is way more ineffective when he has time and space than when he doesn't, there has never been anything truer that I've seen in this league over the last 20+ years. If you look at the goals that he's scored this season -- all six of them -- I will bet without even looking at those goals that with all of those goals the ball spent a grand total of no more than three seconds in his possession before they were put into the net.

It's uncanny.

Hitman repped this.
  13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It means he's great at reacting but gets nervous when he has time to think. Not sure how you fix that. A sports psychologist perhaps or perhaps that's all there will ever be.