06/6: Saint Anthony: SAFC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 5, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-6-5_11-5-36.jpeg

Game: San Antonio FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Wednesday, June 6th
    Time: 7:30 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Field, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 100, L 76
    Competition: US Open Cup
    Last 5 For Opponent: W-L-D-D-W
    Live TV: (Unknown at this time)
    Radio: (Unknown at this time)

In typical US Open Cup (early round) fashion, this game is barely mentioned on either team's website and I have no idea if it will be broadcast online (I assume it will in one form or another).

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer is claiming that they'll be streaming it:

burning247 repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh joy. I'm looking forward to lots of buffering.

4. GaSarge

GaSarge Member

FC Dallas, Liverpool, Bayern Munich,
    United States
    Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the Open Cup format, I think you could make it more interesting if you would do a random draw either at Round 4 or in the round of 16. Create some intrigue, eliminate the same teams facing each other every year (see below). I understand the logistics/cost is a nightmare for the non MLS teams but they could make it a lowest seed has home field to eliminate some of their travel cost. This is what I am talking about...and it looks like it might be the same 4 this year as well.

Attached Files:

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they could get a big sponsor they could pay the traveling costs. Someday this will be figured out and become very popular. It will be the soccer version of March Madness. Would it be better to have it over a month like MM?

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, it was very sloppy but we win 1-0 and move on.

ElJefe repped this.
  7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really nothing more to be said about it. Bunch of reserves in a midweek cup tie against a lower-division opponent on the road. I'm not sure I'm all that wild about Hedges and Hayes and Cannon getting 90 tonight when there's a league game on Saturday, but Pareja's hand was a bit forced by the Colmán injury and they've got a week off after this weekend.

8. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed most of the first half. Why did Pomykal get yanked at halftime? Was he that bad, or injured? Also, the Colman for Barrios swap seems weird too. I know Colman was injured, but throwing Barrios in there as a one-for-one requires some formation changes.

A win. Advance. Play the octofinals.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good result. They usually are forced into overtime and if they win it it is on PK's. Announcer said Pomykal took a knock right before half. I thought barrios made a huge difference and realized the three forwards in there were too similar before the Coman injury. Colman and Tesho are best at just finishing. barrios added a playmaking aspect and his quickness and hustle caused their back line a bunch of problems. Sucks always having to play the same teams and especially always on the road. Well, we get to see the mental makeup of this bunch as they wilted for the rest of the season after that KC USOC result. Will this year be different?

10. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Did Maynor suffer an injury late in the second half? I sure hope he is healthy for this weekend.

I didn't expect a pretty game or blowout like a lot of FCD writers did. We just simply have played too many games in a short stretch, and we always play down to our competition. That said, I can't help but be massively impressed by the grit and determination to play in the crazy summer heat and to win 4 games in 12 days. Very proud.

11. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I didn't think Barrios made that much of an impact, but Mosquera did. Solid signing he's been. Twumasi looked decent on the wing too for his first outing, came close to scoring too. Not really a big fan of Tesho, but he took his goal well so good for him.

Progress is nice even if the ensuing draw didn't do us much favors (shocker :rolleyes:) but it sucks that Pomykal, Ferreira, and Servania weren't able to get more minutes. The latter pair are already out on loan, but I think it may serve Pax well to follow suit and try to build his match fitness with some regular game time in the USL as well. Not sure he's gonna get much of it here with Hayes/Acosta/Diaz/Gruezo ahead of him in midfield and Lamah/Mosquera/Barrios/Tesho ahead of him on the wings.