06/3: Skid Row: FCD vs RSL [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 1, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-6-1_12-10-24.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs Real Salt Lake
    Date: Saturday, June 3rd
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Chance of Thunderstorm; H 86, L 69
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: L-W-L-W-L
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 4-9-2 | 14 pts | 10th in the West (20th overall)
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW]; fcdallas.com [DFW]; Direct Kick/MLSLive [Out of Market]
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Despite the injuries, we really have to win this game. We have a very tough road stretch up next and points might get scarce. Gotta get out of this funk and get some confidence up front before we hit the road. Houston just dismantled this lot 5-1 last night. So if those clowns can do it, so can we.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hope to be awake so I can watch it.

Been ages since I have watched FCD.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Holy crap! You're alive!

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep. It has been about 5 years or so since I had last posted.

When I had last posted, the board was on the death bed.

Plus I thought I had seen you a few times at a game or two.

5. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Need points.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably. One of the few reasons I go to Frisco.

7. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jakarta? I thought Frisco was far away.

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Found a stream(no commentators) and two goals within 15 minutes of watching. Not bad.

Did the Lone Star Legion move from the Beer Garden?

9. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    5-0 with a Lamah hat trick at half time.

The game feels like it could be 8-0 by the 90th.

This looks like a different team.

10. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Jesus Ferreira is in the 18 today. I hope he gets a run out.

11. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Jesus Ferreira gets a run out and SCORES!

Lamah with a hat trick, Urruti scores, Tesho scores. The team could have easily scored 10 goals.

Oh, and Diaz looked incredible in his 30 min. When he has the ball it can end up anywhere on the field in a flash. The guy is just gifted.

12. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got more than a run out! An MLS goal as a 16y/o! I can't imagine! I was happy to occasionally get the keys to my parents' Suburban.

Holy crap where has this team been all year? Roland Lamah appears to have adjusted to the style of play in MLS, I'd say.

Diaz wasn't anything special tonight with his limited minutes, but you can tell he's still got the vision. His fitness still isn't up to snuff, and he didn't go hard into any challenges, but then again we were up by 5 when he came on.

Really bad luck for Urruti not to score a second goal. The goalkeeper made two excellent saves in a row to keep him out. Also very good to see Akindele get on the score sheet. Colman still 0-fer, but didn't have many chances in his short time on the pitch.

The makeshift back line actually looked really good. The lack of Zimmerman and Hedges towering over the central defense was, in my opinion, the cause of the Beckerman goal, but there was only one real breakdown. That's pretty decent for a defense that was 75% different from the rest of the season.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Lamah has earned himself a reprieve from all the banter for a few weeks.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was fun....

...but if I'm being critical: RSL(OL) were awful. They gave up 11 goals in Texas in a week. The back line looked suspect and got a little sloppy in the 2nd half. I'm still cringing about the missing pieces and that horrible road trip looming.

All that being said, we haven't been able to buy a goal lately and we exploded in the 1st half. We took a garbage team to the sword and you can't ask for more than that in this situation. Ferreira getting that goal was magic. Great night all around. Only thing missing was Colman getting a goal.

15. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Of note: Jesus Ferreira got on the board before Colman in MLS play.

16. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but......Colman did attract 2 RSL defenders to him. I'm not sure who was supposed to mark Jesus or if RSL was just playing with 3 defenders.

The guy is unlucky as hell right now. He does everything else right though. He looked genuinely happy for Jesus. Considering he hasn't scored it is easy to see how that could affect his mentality but he seems like a good team mate.

Credit to Jesus for a great first touch and the goal. It was the perfect situation to make your debut.

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, still giving Colman a pass. Think a lot of it is unlucky. The goals he got in the CL help his cause out a lot in my mind. Hell, he could score a hatttrick in the next game and we'd be giving him the Lamah treatment.

Forgot to mention, how good was Maxi's finish?

18. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the fact that Maxi scored again kind of gets lost in the narrative. As does the assist hat trick from Barrios.

19. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though they played several totem poles in the back, that was some harsh abuse for RSL. We crushed them with 5 goals in the first half, allowed them a glimmer of hope with some defensive confusion to give them 2 goals, then completed the humiliation by having a child score on them (Ferreira has a pretty nice beard for a 16 year old).

20. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    "Bad luck" is kind of like blaming witchcraft or voodoo...it's nonsense.

We're so desperate for forwards that we're willing to wait and watch a guy go scoreless over 13 games with the hopes that he manages to buck the trend and put one on the board.

I agree that he does everything else right and seems like a genuinely good dude. But man...this guy has one responsibility: score. He has failed on that.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Normally I'd agree but I was mainly referring to the posts and the keepers standing on their heads.

Even if he ends up like Texeira (slow start but eventually found a half decent scoring touch), it wouldn't be the end of the world because we still have a hot striker in Maxi. It would still be a disappointment because of the price tag though.

22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Read somewhere that this was the first MLS game a team has given up 5 goals in a half.

23. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Dallas took fine advantage of what maybe is the worst MLS team I've seen in person in a long while. Seriously, its very hard to get a qualitative feel about Houston or Dallas playing that side. Petke is missing pieces and only traveled 16. Oh, and from the body language he's got locker room issues too.

Colman: Ok, NOW I'm starting to really wonder about this kid. For the 3rd/4th time I've seen him, in person, just make the most unthoughtful runs at perfectly weighted thru balls. It's almost bizarre to see a professional player take totally the wrong angle at a ball. He almost appears to be degrading in confidence, not improving.

24. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a first half, yes. Teams have given up 5 in a second half before.

burning247 repped this.
  25. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    My favorite part of all of this is Mike Petke suggesting that his players go seek professional help after FC Dallas thrashed them.

Mike Petke: "I would be going to see a sports psychiatrist. That's exactly what I would do."