06/29: Another Pride Night: Minnesota vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 28, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-6-28_10-11-13.jpeg

Game: Minnesota United FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Friday, June 29th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 98, L 78
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: L-L-D-L-W [All Competitions]
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | Fox Sports North Plus [Minnesota] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

I believe this is our third, at least.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another road win. Not pretty but they all count. On to the spoiled shits from Atlanta on Wednesday. Big game!

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this wasn't a game that's gonna go down in the annals of FCD history, but it's a clean sheet and three points on a plastic field on the road in a venue where they got lit up 4-1 last season.

Without Díaz, Nedyalkov, and Ziegler, they didn't look great, but Reto will be back Wednesday night, and hopefully, Clavijo's lining up some adequate replacements for Ned and Díaz.

4. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    32 points going into July and likely 3 new signings coming soon which could elevate this team to a higher level, particularly going forward. Not a bad situation to be in.

Jesse recovered well from a bad game at NY, Cannon was solid as usual, and Mosquera made a difference coming on but lost the ball a bit too much towards the end. Reaves did alright for his debut and was part of a defense that kept a clean sheet on the road. The rest did their bit, nothing spectacular.

Now onto Wednesday against Atlanta. I'll be there!

TCS35 repped this.
  5. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a pretty classic script for a road win. Not world beaters we were playing against, but we executed our part well enough. On an individual note I was kind of hoping to see Pomykal do better, but oh well. Get 'em next time. I'm hoping more results like this can nip the "summer slide" talk in the bud.

6. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm hoping some of the sloppy play was because guys got tired of biting it on that crappy field. Pomykal did not look too thrilled after the 3rd time he tasted astroturf. He needs to be better if he's going to keep a starting job but I want to see him on grass before I really start to judge him on his play.

Ugly but a win. Not terrible.

TCS35 and Pegasus repped this.