06/23: Friday: Houston vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 21, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-6-21_11-8-38.jpeg

Game: Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, June 23rd
    Time: 8:00 PM [CST]
    Location: BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Chance of a Thunderstorm; H 91, L 78
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: D-L-W-D-L
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 7-6-3 | 24 pts | 2nd in the West (6th overall)
    Live TV: KSTR-49 UniMas
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

I've gone down there for countless games but I can't stomach rushing down there this Friday, especially since I've gotta be back here Saturday. Hopefully we can pull out a win like we typically do in that place. Need to jump these clowns already in the standings.

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems quiet on these boards considering we are playing our most hated rival tonight. Would just like to add melt the creamsicles. Carry on.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh good, I'm not just in a room by myself.

Getting anxiety about this game. My Houston friend is coming over to watch. Hopefully the drinks afterwards are in my celebration and his embarrassment.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still not sure how, in a Supporters Shield winning season, FCD managed to lose 5-0 to those clowns.

5. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stott has an amazing ability to call a game accurately but still lose control of the match.
    I think we witnessed Oscar allowing a couple of players playing themselves out of a starting position.
    Overall, a good result as long as this is FCDs lull for the year.
    I'm pretty sure Alex gets at least a one match ban for putting his hands on faces and throats.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even worse, those clowns who were worse than this season and still had Coyle as their coach. A big part of it was Hedges and Jesse having a stinker (much like the 1st half of this one).

In fact, I would say that everyone looked gassed and useless in the 1st half. Not sure how humid it was there but it was a very slow build up on all our attacks. Mauro looked way off his game and his service was awful. 2nd half we pulled our head out and played much better. Deserved to get the draw. Ready to get back to winning ways starting with the cRapids on Tuesday.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfectly stated.
    Well, Atiba Harris and Cristian Colman weren't regular starters anyway, so I guess this just endorsed that viewpoint. Tesho was Tesho: Useful but not really dangerous, but he wouldn't have been starting if Lamah had been healthy.

Diaz is still showing a lot of rust. He was consistently overcooking his passes, corners, and free kicks.

Hedges was obviously at fault for Houston goal, but was otherwise solid.

The rest -- Urruti, Acosta, Gruezo, Barrios, Figueroa, Grana, Gonzalez, Ulloa, and Guillen -- were more or less what we've come to expect from them by this point, for good and for bad.
    I'm more satisfied with this result than I was with the Vancouver result. Houston is much better this year than the last couple years, and they've been almost flawless at home. (BTW, nice field they had there last night. Toyota Stadium's field is usually in better shape on October Saturday nights after Frisco ISD has played football games there on Thursday and Friday.)

Anyway, the road swing's over, getting two points in three matches is not optimal, and FCD needs to step up in the next three games at home. The only games they've won since the beginning of May have been two league games against RSL and an Open Cup game against Tulsa, a USL team. Other than that, it's been four draws and three losses against Portland (twice), Houston (twice), NYCFC, San Jose, and Chicago. 10 points in nine league matches isn't gonna get them very far.

They SHOULD beat Colorado in the Open Cup match on Tuesday, and they SHOULD beat DC United on July 4, but they're really gonna need to up their game against Toronto.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About time Houston finally wised up to using English tactics in a hot, humid environment. I knew Wilmer would be a better fit there. Looked to me like that steamy heat made the game a walk for both sides. A big problem for both teams and others in hot environs is the teams are built for heat but it's not hot once the playoffs roll around.

9. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Diaz will improve the team over time, but this team still needs a legit #9.

They're asking too much of Urruti, who would be best served working off of Diaz and a strike partner who can basically do what Colman does, except that the player actually has to be able to put the ball in the net.

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Colman somehow scores if he then scores a lot? He needs one to bump off of him into the net in the oddest fashion to test this out because that may the only way he gets off the schneid (schnide?).

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Call me optimistic but I still think he'll be a serviceable goal scorer. Hopefully it starts Tuesday.

12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like words to this effect are written in every thread after every game..

Cowtown Felipe repped this.
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are. We're just grasping at straws at this point.

14. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colman is a really good player. I'd put him on the wing. He seems to have the pace and lungs for it.

15. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said, why is Tesho so often on the wing? Several times during this game, Tesho was out there, unable to beat anybody, but sometimes able to get off a cross targeted for... Barrios? Why can't Tesho get in the box to be a target?