06/23: Escape From NJ: RBNY vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 22, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-6-22_15-47-52.jpeg

Game: New York Red Bulls vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, June 23rd
    Time: 5:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Red Bull Arena, Harrison, New Jersey, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Thunderstorms; H 74, L 67
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: L-W-D-W-L [All Competitions]
    Live TV: KSTR-49 UniMas [DFW] | UniMas | Twitter
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good movie. Kind of blew up the Kurt Russel does Disney kid movie thing.

3. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    One of soccer's biggest mysteries is how did Figueroa actually make a career for himself in the English Premier League.

burning247 repped this.
  4. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repulsive.

WTF is going on? Where is Mauro?

Acosta looked disgusted coming off. FCD looked like the ones playing a man down.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    The 5-3-2 is a joke, defenders looked crowded and lost, midfield had no idea how to go forward, Lamah completed many beautiful passes to NYRB. Even up a man FCD couldn't step on the gas. Acosta stormed off like a baby. Mauro and DPs at home. I think it's going well!

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was pretty steamed yesterday but am today willing to wait until the next game to decide if this was just one of those things or a reckoning for the second half of the season. I couldn't tell if Acosta was injured or mad. After hearing press conference it appears he is ok so just mad. Actually, good for him. I want him to be mad after being in the national team, getting injured, working his way almost back and getting pulled. I hope it fuels him to get all the way back only better. I do question the 5-3-2 but that is after it wasn't working. To be fair I didn't grouse about it before the game. The bonus is Pomykal came on and was pretty dang good. From here on out if Diaz isn't healthy his backup needs to fill his position as a left or right wing so some possession can be kept. Oh, and Ziegler is overrated as his passing isn't all that great (Hedges is better) and he makes some seriously rash decisions. Who would have thought our new Swiss player would have two red cards?

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hard to believe we were on a 5 game winning streak recently. The loss to KC (Open Cup), this game and the break all combined to make us feel like lost puppies again. Fig is awful. Defense was dreadful overall. What is up with Diaz? Sick of his nonsense. Forwards can't hit the target. Barrios still looks feckless.

Just an overall shit day at the office. Minnesota up next and a prime opportunity to get back on track before the Atlanta showdown.

9. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    1) Beginning to wonder if Acosta's clear lack of form are actually down to a slow recovery from surgery, or if there's actually something to the TMZ-like rumors about his personal life.

2) Diaz: Right on time, he's either hurt (again) or flaked out (again) - Something is going on and no one is talking about it.

3) Ned: Wow, that was out of the blue, except for the fact he always carried the "what in the world have I gotten myself into" vibe since day one.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dare I ask?

TheZo repped this.
  11. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yes please do tell @Hitman Inquiring minds want to know.

12. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Ditto. I don’t read everything about the team all of the time, but I had no idea that was coming. Just thought he was still recovering from the broken collarbone.

13. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm shocked as well. Really liked Nedyalkov and thought he was a very solid left back. But having said that, the team did win five straight after his surgery.

14. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If the 2.5 million number is accurate then I can't blame them or him for moving. That's especially true if they bring in the BM LB. 2.5m covers a lot of expenses for the USL team next season.

It's a messed up market that FCD will probably get more money for Ned than for Acosta.

15. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    I've been told it's findable on social media, but unfounded, so I won't repeat it here. . What I would say is once someone told me what they'd heard, I thought to myself, "well, that would explain it." The only reason I feel comfortable mentioning even a vague reference here is because a couple of others I inquired about had also heard the same thing.

16. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ugh! Ok, I'm going to Twatter/Instagram and investigating. I'm not friends with him on FB, so I hope it's there.

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't find anything. Someone PM me :D

18. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all I could find.

burning247 and Hitman repped this.
  19. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured that he was doing was so many people in the early 20s do when they've got a lot of money: partying hard. Baby mama drama would've been another easy guess, which you also see a lot with young pro athletes with a lot of money.

I guess MLS is a real major sports league now.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kinda figured it was that but thanks for the clarity. Hope he sorts it out.