06/16: The Cup During The Cup Break: KC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jun 14, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-6-14_9-42-53.jpeg

Game: Sporting Kansas City vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, June 16th
    Time: 8:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 96, L 78
    Competition: US Open Cup
    Last 5 For Opponent: D-W-W-D-W [All Competitions]
    Live TV: (Unknown at this time)
    Radio: (Unknown at this time)

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd suspect that the "TV coverage" will be streaming video on USSoccer.com again.

burning247 repped this.
  3. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The previous USOC game was also streamed on fcdallas.com/live. I think it was USSoccer's stream.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I sure hope it was with those pronunciations :D

ElJefe and Kermmy803 repped this.
  5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same story, different verse.

But the result was a just one. After scoring the opener, FCD looked like crap, and they were a bit fortunate to get the equalizer. And there’s nothing you can say about the winning goal except “Nice shot.”

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I honestly can say that I didn't see a second of the game live but saw all the goals on videos later. How is it every time we go to KC they manage to score some out of this world goal(s) on us? Sick of that damn place...

7. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Can we finally be done with Tesho on the bench and coming in to add nothing? I have no idea if Pomykal or the Ghanan wingers can offer more but at this point we know Tesho won't offer anything so let's try something else.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to ask why Diaz didn't go and if he didn't why Pomykal didn't start as his backup. Have no idea what is going on with Pomykal. He isn't loaned and he doesn't play. He practices with the full team but either sits on the bench or doesn't even make it that far.

9. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hope Buzz or someone starts asking Pareja some hard questions about Servania and Pomykal. Pax needs to play or needs to be sold. "Practicing" isn't helping him or FCD.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I want to see him play more too but think this is a little extreme of a position. He's only 17 after all.

11. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If he had looked completely inept last year in the cup I'd agree with the maybe we shouldn't push crowd but he's 17 and hasn't played much at all in the last year. That prime development time being wasted and he still looked fine when he's gotten the chance. Without Diaz and Mosquera he should have started. He's got a passport, leaving this summer or winter if he's not getting minutes has to be his agent's priority. His development is not being prioritized enough.

12. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm getting to that spot but since he's just back from injury and rounding into shape I'll see what they have in store for him. My main concern is he seems to be in a limbo where they won't loan him because he's good enough for the bench but not good enough to actually get minutes. So my question is will he start getting those minutes by being there or would he better served for a loan. This is essentially what Cannon went through last year so it's not like he's in purgatory forever. Maybe we are even jumping the gun on him as Cannon has been on fire this year and perhaps Pax could be next year.

TCS35 repped this.
  13. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    But is there any causation that says because Cannon was here and practiced all last season that's why he's so good this season? Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Perhaps had Cannon gotten more chances last season he would be even better or at least more experienced right now.

Doing the same thing to Pomykal two years in a row is the exact opposite of what successful European academies do with their best prospects. See Taitague. Every time he's gotten healthy he's started back with the U-19 team. He can't stay healthy but Schalke have him on the field at a good level whenever they can. FCD has not done the same with Pomykal or Servania so far.

TCS35 repped this.
  14. FC Dallas 1

FC Dallas 1 Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Two years in a row is correct and it’s wrong. I will stand up for the kids my boys have played with. But I’m certainly not in a position to say anything or bring about change. He hasn’t been treated fairly and FCD should be held accountable. Not sure what a kid his age can do, without playing he has no leverage.

At this rate maybe we will see him again in Dallas Cup next year.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it has been very myopic of FCD not to already have a USL team since they've had the most HG's. All of those not getting pro minutes could be together playing the same style as FCD under their tutelage. I am still in a bit of a wait see on some of these kids this year especially Servania and Pomykal because of what the coaches have said about them and because of injuries derailing them a bit. On the other hand OP used the starters in USOC and lost so the kids didn't get time during that game and they lost anyway and won't have more opportunities for playing time in that tourney. I wish they'd use USOC as a real opportunity for those close to breaking through. Why not they've lost with regulars except one year.