05/25: Vancouver vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 25, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game: Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, May 25th
    Time: 6:00 pm [CST] | 4:00 pm [Local] | 23:00 [Universal]
    Weather Forecast: Cloudy; H 54, L 50 (Indoor Stadium)
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Recent Form: D-D-L-W-W
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KAMR-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KFXK-51.2 [Tyler] | KFDX-28.2 (KJBO) [Wichita Falls] | ESPN+ [USA] | TSN 1/3/4/5 [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Sorry, forgot to start this thread before I left town.

2. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    um. if you haven't seen the starting 11 - cover your eyes when you get to the backline.

features a rookie draft pick, a Brazilian red card just waiting to happen, and a guy who's never played CB before. And Reggie.

it won't be boring!

3. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really thought FCD deserved at least a point from this match. If I told you a team outshot their opponent 12-5, had a 13-0 corner kick advantage, and boasted 58% possession, you’d wager they won the game. Alas...

A couple of defensive mishaps and some poor shooting did them in. Bressan didn’t even earn a yellow and came up with some solid defensive plays. But his failure to connect on a header also led to the second goal. Thought Nelson did well defensively and also contributed frequently to the attack.

Aranguiz showed me again that he’s not the answer. Nor is Cobra. The lack of quality in the middle and inability to break down the defense resulted in either crosses from the wing or shots from distance. Neither proved effective.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A squad full of piano movers and no one to play the damn thing.

VivaIslamico repped this.
  5. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you miss an open goal from 6 yards, I've got nothing for you.

6. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still 13-0!
    As Hitman predicted it wasn't boring.

7. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of positives from this except for the result, especially some possession on the other half of the field.
    When Ali Adnan went down the left wing before his goal I thought, "Reggie's got this." Then, "What's Barrios doing?" Uncharacteristcally not helpful positioning by Barrios to screw up Reggie and let Ali Adnan through to score.

8. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reggie had a poor outing. Uncharacteristic for sure and might have been related to communication with a new set of back line mates. I'm not worried about it at all, these things happen. Jessie could have had some better positioning on each goal, but it's hard to put too much blame on him.

All in all, as several have said, this will be a long season of re-tooling and it's going to be a struggle to stay positive about the year.

cowtown repped this.