03/4 & 03/11: Post Script/Prelude: LA & KC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Mar 6, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Me too. I've never been so calm going into an away game and confident that we'd win.

2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that wasn't bad.
    Back line was pretty solid. I like seeing Hedges and Zim dribbling forward when given space. Grana continues to impress with his dribbling and passing. Not so great on the PK (yeah I know it shouldn't have been a PK) caused by him getting in bad position not goalside of Romney.
    Acosta and Gruezo were tremendous. Keep feeding Acosta, he's hot!
    Barrios' crosses seem to have improved from last year. I like Lamah's speed, but some of his decisions are really not good. One backpass to Seitz sticks in my mind.
    All the preseason reviews speak of possible weakness in goal. Seitz seems solid to me.
    Maybe it's lack of service, but Colman hasn't impressed me much yet.
    Seemed like LA expected us to attack up the wings and did a fair job of bottling that up by getting guys outside. I though we reacted to this OK by moving the ball into the middle for Gruezo or Acosta to push forward.
    Not crazy about the extreme bunkering in for the last 8 minutes of the game. I think we only avoided getting tied due to Cermeno deflecting a shot with his thigh.
    Plenty of room to improve.
    I think KC will be a tougher test for us.

3. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else think the Univision broadcast direction was awful? I don't remember them being that bad for Liga MX. LOVE when they linger on the face of the guy who just made a pass while not showing what happened to his pass. Need more shots of Onolfo hydrating! The prioritization of showing the 4th official showing the 5 minutes of extra time over showing Seitz having to deal with a hospital ball backpass was particularly inspired.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was fortunate to see the game live and not on Univision but the (English) commentary I heard on the highlights was awful. I DVR'd the game at home and was surprised when it recorded in English.

I don't think we have that much to improve on. We played very strong and finished our chances (well, most of them). Lamah needs to improve some decision making but he looks a lot better than he did at home vs Arabe. Colman is already making me want to bang my head into the wall with his first touch. He could've been in on goal early if not for (yet another) a bad first touch. Defense was solid again but was lucky that Lasiter didn't connect on that header late. Grana was a fantastic pick up. Urruti continues to impress. Bring on KC.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-3-8_9-47-32.jpeg

Game
    : Sporting Kansas City vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, March 11th
    Time: 8:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Snow; H 40, L 25
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last Game for Opponent: 0-0 draw at DC
    Live TV: TXA-21; FCDallas.com [DFW only]
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it supposed to be cold there?

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked it up and forecast is 41/26 with morning snow. Weather will be a factor.

8. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see the FO made sure to replace our former heavy first touch guy Castillo with a new heavy first touch guy.

ElJefe repped this.
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Much younger lineup tonight, with Paxton (who was born after our famous win over Chicago in 1999) getting a start and Pareja having an eye towards Wednesday.

11. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Papi had his hand forced when the Liga MX games were cancelled.

12. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 SabreKhan, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Canceled? For CCL?

Side note: the KC color guy and sideline reporter are awful. Play-by-play is pretty decent.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refs' strike in Mexico.

That game was 35 kinds of ugly, but I'll take the point and smile. I do hope that Lamah's knock isn't serious and that he's available for Wednesday night.

SabreKhan repped this.
  14. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done by the second-stringers. Pomykal had a decent game; good to see him do well against top-notch competition. Not a world-beater, but pretty impressive for a high schooler. Gonzalez had a fine showing, as well. Seitz is still my preference, but there are definitely no major worries at the keeper position. The double punch-out-cum-front-handspring was very athletic, but I'd have preferred to see him catch the ball on the second opportunity.

The whole team acquitted themselves well in a very hostile environment against a quality opponent. This group of backups is starter-quality, for sure, which bodes well for the rest of the season. Good job by our team management and Coach Pareja.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    4 out 6 pts at LA and at KC to start the season is fantastic. Could've been more with Colman hitting the post. Now on to the real challenge from south of the border.

16. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thought J. Harris had some nice passes in the first half too. Colman needs to score and Paxton needed to pull the trigger faster on his opportunity but hard to argue with a tie on the road at a tough place to play early in the season. Would have liked to have seen Cannon but hopefully that's coming soon enough. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Rufiolo and TCS35 repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Just love how Oscar is completely unafraid to play young and unproven players. Good 4 road points to start the season. We've got a "B" team capable of picking up points in this league................and we're still without Ulloa, Hollingshead, and Chala.

Of course, FCD currently has two players younger than Paxton on their roster. Ferreira has a full calendar year to break this record, and Reynolds has even more time......................

18. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Oscar pulled off a master class with the young lineup and tactics. Every time they showed Vermes I thought about how frustrated he looked going up against so many young players with his very veteran squad. This was Hedges, Harris and kids.

19. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On my list of opposing coaches who I love to see whining after we beat (or in this case draw) them, Vermes is right at the top. It must be really upsetting when the other team dares to use tactics that you don't have an answer for.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Caleb Porter would top that list for me but agreed :D

21. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I went to our home opener and the opponent fielded a second string team and we failed to even score on them (or barely get a shot that troubled their goalie), I'd really be p$$d. Well, done OP and boys (some literally boys)! I didn't see anyone on the team we fielded who really looked out of place.