03/15: Gophering: FCD vs Pachuca [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Mar 13, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-3-13_11-26-5.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs CF Pachuca
    Date: Wednesday, March 15th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Clear; H 68, L 53
    Competition: CONCACAF Champions League
    Last 5 For Opponent: W-W-W-D-L
    Live TV: Univision Deportes; Facebook Live
    Radio: ESPN Deportes [Spanish]

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope to never see a similar photo as the top post between any FCD player and Tex Hooper.

TxEx, TheZo and burning247 repped this.
  4. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  5. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so ready for this matchup.
    The main reason: Hedges and Zimmerman finally get to outshine Omar Gonzalez. I'm sure Omar is a nice guy and yeah he's from Duncanville or somat but he is the most overhyped defender the USA has had since Tony Sanneh. Tony and Omar are both brick footed turnover machines and I've never understood all the worshippers they have. Well, tomorrow we get to see our back line shut Pachuca down while the MX boys will look like Swiss cheese.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From your mouth to the Gods' ears.

SeventhRowScreamer repped this.
  7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game is "sold out" tonight. FO is releasing some limited SRO tickets. Remember, only the east side and the beer garden will be open for this one.

8. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pachuca will be missing starting LB Manny Garcia tonight.

9. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That first goal was all on Zimmerman. Trying to dribble the ball in the defensive third and coughing it up. Grana was not blameless, though.

10. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I've never seen Zimmerman slip and fall so much. He is definitely not having his best match tonight.

11. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acosta!

I think we need a third before I'll feel comfortable in Mexico.

12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good result, but not an unqualified good result. Pachuca got the away goal, and Guillen's bad touch cost FCD some insurance that really would've helped in three weeks.

13. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We looked legitimately better than them for long stretches of the game. If we can bring that on the road to Mexico, we should be able to pull off a draw or maybe even a win.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busca la forma, y'all.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great atmosphere tonight, even if it was all because we had half the stadium closed. Stupid away goal to give up, especially that early in the game. Great bounce back though. Never gave up, never lost our heads. Basically, what we've come to expect from a Pareja-led side. Acosta is a man on fire right now. Long may it last.

16. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to be clear I am not a true fan of FCD, but I root for any MLS team in the Champions League.

A few years ago Montreal played against Pachuca, and got a decent result drawing 2 - 2 in the first leg away at Estadio Hidalgo. I believe they went down to Mexico a week early to acclimate to the high altitude. Do any of you know what is FCDs preparation plan for this next CCL match?

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, (purely speculating here) they've got the home opener against NE on Saturday and then they don't play again until the return leg on April 4. Besides the international call ups (Zim, Acosta, Fig), I don't see why we wouldn't go down there early to get ready for it. That's over 2 full weeks off without a match to get ready.

18. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    jared9999 repped this.
  19. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  20. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen several CCL games where the MLS team got a decent result against a Mexican team, but looked completely outclassed. Not this one. There was a spell of about 10 minutes in the first half where they looked to be a class above us, but the rest of the game was very even. One of the worries for us in this game was being able to generate chances against a very stingy defense. We did rather well on that.
    I was extremely disappointed in our attitude near the end of the game. Instead of going for another goal, we had Seitz wasting time and the rest of the team resorting to kickball just to keep the ball out of our end. Really didn't understand keeping Zim and Hedges back during the corner kick at the end of the game. Not only did we not have two of our best set piece weapons going for another goal, but do we really want our two slowest defenders as our only guys back to defend in case of a quick counter?

21. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They definitely appear to be able to do that because the last game before the April 4th game at Pachuca is March 18th in Frisco against New England. Of course three players will be away with their national teams around March 24th and March eing there a week before to acclimate would be much easier if it's the first game of the season. If there is a an MLS game the weekend before then it will be impossible. Altitude is 7,979 feet. Denver is 5,280 and SLC is 4320 so clearly it will be a factor. march 18th to april 4th

22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    First MLS team to win in Mexico (2011 CCL vs UNAM) and the first American team to beat a Mexican team in the CCL semifinals.

jared9999 and Footsatt repped this.
  23. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were reminiscing about our 2011 CCL tie vs. UNAM. FCD went down there and barely held on to win against their second string. On the return, UNAM came up here with their first string and completely outclassed us.