특공 기지 @ Sunderland A.F.C. 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Trying to remember how perm-y Ji's hair got...

EDIT: Quick google = he had short hair at Augsburg

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    don't think it matches his current hair or his hair during Augsburg days.

[​IMG]

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not a hair stylist so I will wait rather than more conjecture. :)

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    heyheyhe11, skimmilk and Hodori repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :oops:Hopefully this ends up better than the last time transfer shennanigans involved KPAs

8. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hehe, good deal for both sides. I guess Sunderland wanted to rip Dortmund off. Dortmund's manager is a friend of Augsburg's manager.

skimmilk and Hodori repped this.
  9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    thrilled & elated by this news. looking forward to how Ji develops under Klopp. raw but he does have potential & hopefully.. Klopp gets the best out of him.

at the same time, I'm glad Ji will join a team or manager who really wants him & was persistent in capturing him.

edit: btw, my theory/speculation was partially right. :laugh:

skimmilk repped this.
  10. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gjak1117 repped this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    S***. I have a sales thing in 10 minutes followed by client meetings after and I'm not sure I can calm down enough to do my job.

smithfan repped this.
  12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm thrilled also that those sunderland fans who were laughing at the idea that BVB wanted Ji now have to eat s***

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    with this transfer, Bundesliga is sending 3 teams to World Cup. Germany, Korea, and Japan... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i dont fully understand this transfer. is JDW an augsburg player on loan from dortmund?? or is he a dortmund player??

15. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I don't understand this transfer from Augsburg's perspective. Why would they pay a transfer fee for a striker they know would be going to a different club for free in 6 months?

16. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Augsburg has signed him until summer 2014. He'd be a free agent then, and since his contract is only 6 months long, he is entitled to sign a contract for summer 2014 in Dortmund.

I imagine that Dortmund and Augsburg agreed on this and Dortmund promised Augsburg 1-2 talented players on loan in the next couple of years if they "help out" now. I doubt that Dortmund wanted Ji to rot on the bench in Sunderland for another 6 months and I can imagine Sunderland wanted to rip Dortmund off like they tried in summer 2013.

dudedudedude, skimmilk and Hodori repped this.
  17. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    It's undisclosed, so it was probably a nominal fee. But I'm inclined to agree with smithfan's post below...

If true, this will make Sunderland feel that much more foolish that BVB found a way to circumvent Sunderland's negotiating tactics.

19. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It says that Ji will join Borussia Dortmund in summer 2014. He'll sign a contract until 2018. Dortmund doesn't see him as Lewandowski's replacement, they wanted more options in their offense in general and that's why they signed Ji. It's not a speculation article, it's a "based on Kicker information" and "will sign" instead of "could sign". Dortmund's local paper Ruhrnachrichten has put up an article and BILD is expected to do the same within the next 4 hours (they'll be pretty pissed that Kicker leaked it before them - in fact, they're deleting every sent tweet on their website which has to do with Ji :D ).

skimmilk and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Or it was from a contractual/legal point of view much easier for BVB to sign a pre-contract and have JDW move to FCA in this window for a nominal (close to free fee) than to have BVB sign him in this window and then loan out to FCA immediately thereafter. It would also lower transaction fees as well if structured this way...

21. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Such great news for Ji. And plus, that makes the next 6 months really great for him. Get minutes. Get back in form. Play at the world cup. All without the pressure of playing for your life.

So what do people think as far as room for him at BVB? Is he just going to be riding the bench again once he gets there?

22. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Yes, send me the proposed title. I haven't been really keeping up with the news so not sure who's playing where. Thanks.

23. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol. Sunderland just got bamboozled.

skimmilk repped this.