지·구 특공대 @ FC Augsburg 2016/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Would be great to have Koo for Iran. The guy has backbone in tough games and he's scored some clutch goals in the past.

GoYoungrokba and seolseol repped this.
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

btw Ji still limited in training.

chook90 and datschge repped this.
  4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Unsurprisingly Daniel Baier has been named as new captain. Vice is Finnbogason and Gouweleeuw is third captain. This sounds like two things for me: Hitz is going to leave this transfer window and Finnbogason will be the starting striker (poor Ji).

seolseol repped this.
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think Ji has played at CF at all this preseason. And Caiuby already back on injured path.

Interesting to see Verhaegh named 3rd captain for Wolfsburg.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He's a decent squad player. Useful as a sub being able to play on various positions. Will be successor of Altintop as the joker. But doubt he'll beat Finnbo and Gregoritsch for a starting place, unfortunately for him. He can still hope for another injury-prone year for FCA but I hope that doesn't happen because this year it would probably mean relegation (I rate Stuttgart and Hannover higher or same level as FCA).

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sold on anything with this team. As I said last season, whoever was in front trident was irrelevant when you're letting in cheap goals left and right and long ball is your only tool to get the ball to attack.

datschge repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ji injured?

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes. It's supposed to be minor. He's been training individually for a while and not played in a while. The length is weird tho for what was supposed to be precautionary.

killaorca repped this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As I said this team has a ton of issues.

seolseol repped this.
  12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

HojuSaram, Kanuck, nmssis and 2 others repped this.
  13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    where was usami for that tho

HojuSaram, Kanuck, Jitevra and 7 others repped this.
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    LOL.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    the guy in the middle had me think he was Adriano (former FC Seoul)

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bobadilla gone to gladbach.

seolseol repped this.
  17. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    On the number of young managers in the Bundesliga:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/...t&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

The most relevant bit for KFA:
    "Bundesliga teams are increasingly using their academies not simply as a resource to find players but to discover coaches, too. It is a tendency that has its roots in the same program, introduced at the turn of the century in response to the German national team’s slump in form, that helped produce the squad that won the 2014 World Cup.

More than a decade before that triumph, the country’s soccer authorities — hoping to produce more players — had decided every club would be compelled to have its own youth academy, supported by a network of regional training centers.

“Now we are enjoying the fruits of those labors,” Herrlich said. “There is a wealth of very well-trained young players who have been streaming into the Bundesliga year after year, but good players can only be produced en masse when you have good development coaches. We have excellent youth coaches at the training centers, and they have the advantage that they have got to know this generation of players.”

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    lol, this game is so awful..
    HSV is bad but FCA, wow...

and Gregs dives in the box :rolleyes:

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dang now I'm stressed about Koo having signed an extension as Augsburg seem headed directly to relegation.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nah, Ji DW will save the team ;):p

edlee1992 repped this.
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this teams lack of talent is such right now that for the first time I am happy when Caiuby has the ball rather than other worthless attackers.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    but the other guys are so much better over Ji DW ;)

tbh, FCA start poorly... i can't think of one season (since I started to follow them) where they started brightly.

edit - not a fan of Baum but he isn't helped by Reuter. so many weird roster decisions... from Hitz still in the squad to losing Boba & Vergh so late in the summer. they might lose Stafylidis too. too many holes in the team...

skimmilk repped this.
  24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    On the one hand, I wish they hadn't played a relegation candidate so early because thats 6 critical points already.

On the other, I hope thats a wakeup call to go get some players. I thought today's loss was definitely not Baum's fault. They had possession and looked organized albeit without much imagination and much due to Hamburg's own ineptitude. But the players were just so poor. Selling all their players through the years and replacing with meh guys like Schmid and Gregoritsch... sigh.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, i think they at least prepared for Boba departure by signing Cordova & Heller. at the same time, they are relying heavily on Finns to score goals & not get injured it seems (since Baum doesn't seem to trust Ji DW as CF.. foolish imo). they don't have a backup for Finns except playing Gregoritsch, Ji DW, Cordova and so forth...

as for Gregoritsch.. he didn't impress me at HSV. surprised they paid 5m euro for him..

guys from last season, Usami (shame since he never gets a chance), Leitner (what's happening to him??), Teigl, Opare and so forth haven't worked out so far. Schmid did okay toward the end of last season but meh.

edit - defense & midfield is full of guys who are injury prone... not to mention, they need to do something about fullback position.