박지성 · 윤석영 @ Queens Park Rangers 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    SEOUL, Aug. 6 (Yonhap) -- South Korean footballer Park Ji-sung has completed his return to his former club PSV Eindhoven in the top Dutch league on a loan from Queens Park Rangers (QPR) in England, sources here confirmed on Tuesday.

"Park signed his agreement earlier this morning, Korean time," a source close to Park said. "He will be on a one-year loan, just as he'd wanted."

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2013/08/06/37/0702000000AEN20130806004900315F.html

2. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so number 16 is it ?

3. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Waiting for some shirt holding pics.

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    didnt follow football when he was at PSV

what kind of role did he play???

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There are a few articles that mention that it will take up to ten days to get a work permit.

8. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

allow me to answer it properly later during the day. until then, enjoy this clip above of park talking his psv eindhoven experience.

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  10. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He was played left, right, in the hole..

Carte blanche almost. I don't know if you followed football when Park Ji-sung was in his ~4th-5th year at ManU, but he impressed nearly everyone (except perhaps SAF since he knew what he was capable of) when he was given the freedom to mold however he saw fit with the teams momentum/structure/flow on the field. IIRC, that's when Park Ji-sung played his best football with ManU. Him vs Chelsea in 2010 comes to mind when he obliterated their entire midfield, him vs Barca in the semis in 2008, and him vs AC Milan in 2010 (although his main job was marking Pirlo, he was everywhere on the field when United brought the ball forward).

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PSV aiming for first match:

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

PJS played his best football at PSV imo.

SAF never got the best out of PJS. At his time at Manchester, I felt that he was wasted so often as a sub when he should have been on the field. The fact that a player of PJS's calibre started about 10 games a season bar his breakthrough season and 2008-2009 season is ridiculous. Even in those seasons he only started about 20. At his peak, he would easily have played 38 league matches without problem and probably deserved to as well. Will never forget him leaving PJS out of the 2008 champions league final. I know injuries limited his apperances somewhat, but still he should have played more.

heyheyhe11 and skimmilk repped this.
  13. sweedgreens

sweedgreens Member

May 29, 2010
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He got the best out of him against Chelsea. He murdered that squad.

14. heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11 Red Card

Apr 13, 2003
    So called resident 'PSV Eindhoven' fan here, how many PSV games I've watched in its entirety? 4. 2004-05 champions leagues match against Monaco, Lyon and two legs of AC Milan games. Also watched bits and pieces of highlights. And I don't think that's a fair judge how park played for psv during those 2 and half season. But I can give you an impression on what I saw compare to his united days.

Park played wing or attacking midfielder. Involved in a much more important attacking role than I ever did in united. Whether he'll be on the side or in the middle, park was getting his share of touches in position to attack. Also did this in a more direct approach. Direct I mean straight pass against his opponent by beating him off the dribble or on sheer pace. I could point to the champions league game against Monaco, where park was on the right of the pitch against future close united teammate of Patrice Evra. Plenty of time, Evra was beaten by park and when park was on the left side, Maicon(yes, that Maicon) had no answer for park either. And going back to park two games against AC Milan, park was the offense focus to finish at the goal rather to provide for teammate, So again, heavily involved in attacking role.

Another thing I want to mention is Park's pace during that final psv season. If you only followed park from his united days. Then, you probably never seen park running at full pace. During park's first season in united, we did see park having the same pace, willing to beat his opponent more directly and be in the attacking mode. I could point to that park provided more assists during his first season in united than any other season he had in united. And at the end of 06-07 season, park had the another and biggest surgery on his leg. So when he came back against Sunderland in December of '07, slowly but surely we saw a different park. We never saw park with this unbelievable pace that beat opponent. Rather, we saw a squad player filled in which Alex ferguson felt park can do better job than any other of united players(hence the term 'defensive winger' was born).

Now, so that 04-05 season was the best season park ever had? I don't think so. Park's 10-11 was the best and like the fellow board member Gayageum mentions about the last league game against Chelsea during that season was park's best game which he himself admit ting his best game and showing everything he can do.

I am glad to watch Park's career early enough to share what I saw to you. and for you, spread the legend. Because soon or later it will become a legend if isn't legend already for us Koreans.

jinseokyang repped this.
  15. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And so I wait until tomorrow...

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Starts cup in a full strength squad it appears (and no PJS on the bench)

jinseokyang repped this.
  18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Who's Murphy and Austin? Are they new additions to the team this season?

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Austin is new, yes.... striker He was gonna go to Norwich or something until he failed the medical but of course that was like music to Harry's ears.

Murphy I guess is their backup GK. So maybe "near" full strength is a better term.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

Sorry, wasn't trying to criticise your comment... I knew what you meant. I was just asking because I never saw those two names before this season.

skimmilk repped this.
  21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Didnt even take it that way. Was updating my own opinion.

22. fightingchuyoung

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ello fit! Looks like Yun is starting for QPR tonight! Best of British mate!

QPR FC@OfficialQPR
    55m

TEAM NEWS: #QPR XI: Murphy, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Yun, Barton, Jenas, Faurlin, Hoilett, Zamora, Austin #EXEvQPR

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Austin scores 3'.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic