“Colombia está al nivel de Brasil y Argentina, pero le falta carácter": Daniel Berton

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by minus, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    NOt to burst your bubble or anything, but just do a search here in bigsoccer and you'll see that this argument was made at the beginning of every single Eliminatorias and evey Copa America for a while now, many future "Cracks" have come and gone and U haven't been able to match the generation of the Pibe era (wich was easily 3rd in SA during the 90's) U are doing better than the last eliminatorias, but to say that this group of guys are better than el pibe's or anywhere near Argentina is just either too optimistic or plain old delusional.

2. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This generation did with South America Under 20's... They are really talented. They haven't even hit their prime yet.

3. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Everyone makes that same argument, go to the chilean board and U'll read the same thing, but in reality, players that do great in youth tourneys don't allways do great later on, If you going to use that argument , our silver medal generation is just starting to get into our NT and they were pretty good in the Athens Olympics, so Youth and "Potential" doesn't allways go the way is supposed to. I don't know if I am mistaken or not, but didn't the U20 COlombia team , did HOrribly in the tournament last year that was played in Paraguay? is that the team U are talking about ?

4. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2005 South American Champs...
    player like: C.Zapata, R.Falcao, W.Renteria , C.Zuñiga, D.Moreno,H.Rodallega ... etc..

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If I remember correctly, Chile trashed Colombia 5-0 in that tournament. I doubt he's talking about THAT generation of players, though. :D

You are right. Chileans know this more than anybody, I think... We sure didn't get much out of the generation that grabbed bronze medal in Athens 2000.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No offense but we been hearing that since 1996........

pepinointer repped this.
  7. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    But they're not though. Paraguay is, if anybody.

So how can you prove otherwise? Stats are not on your side, my friend.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    agreed... Paraguay gets no respect because they are shit in friendlies while colombia is shit is games that matter, I dont care what happened in Copa America with the players rebelling or w/e ... our display was disgusting same with the Sudamericana 2007 and WC 1994.... Colombia thinks its a World Class team does very well b4 a tournie then doesnt think it needs to try any more and fail... beating Argentina doesnt mean shit unless we beat them in the final same with beating Brasil.... we play France next week and I hope we dont win because I am sure if we do we wont beat Ecuador or Peru because our players cant stay humble... think this new team is different and I hope it is but the ones b4 that were not

thats why we dont have a star for 1994 WC, that is why our sub 20 didnt qualify and our embarrassing Copa America exit. We cant get a little media hype or it goes straight to our head... same thing with the 2005 sub 20 WC... Rodagella al Real/ MIlan/ Bayern and that kid just tried to score the easiest goals with bycicel kicks or do some crazy shit to get noticed when people just wanted him to play normal and help us win... he want to be MAradona and be Rodagol+10

9. Nuclear_Attack

Nuclear_Attack New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    You honestly have to be out of touch with reality to say that We are fighting with Argentina for the second spot.

10. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007
    No, they won't. Who?!

I'm going to make a map of a "Football power"

1. Top class players in top class teams.
    Colombia has maybe 1 or 2 Top class players and they are all defenders.
    Cristian Zapata is a top class defender but he plays in an ok team.
    Luis Perea plays in an ok team
    Rodallega plays in a second class league
    Falcao plays in a second class league
    Renteria plays in a team fighting relegation.
    Aquivaldo Mosquera plays in an ok team
    Colombia only has 1.5 players in a Top class team and that is Rivas & Cordoba(doesn't even play fot the NT same as Yepes)
    How many colombian players are key in a Top class team? The answer is none.

2. Titles
    How many SERIOUS titles does Colombian football have? 3? maybe 4?
    3. On the Spot
    Any tournament that a NT competes it must fight for the title.
    What about Colombia? When was the last time we went to a WC? a decade ago? What about our last Copa America? an embarrassment.

This map can be applied to EVERY SINGLE LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRY. Except Brazil, Argentina and maybe Uruguay.

The standings in L.A are:
    1.Brazil
    1.Argentina
    -------------------
    The rest...

11. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007
    - Zapata plays in a mediocre team
    - Falcao in a second class league
    - Renteria in a horrible team
    - Zuniga plays in a second class league and he's injured half the time.
    - Moreno is a drunk playing in Romania.
    - Rodallega plays in a second class league in a team no one gives two cents for.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Udinese finishs consistently around 7-8 in italy and every season every big team in italy wants plays from Udi... how is it a crap team???

Falcao.... people say mexico is good but argie is crap???? Look if Falcao was Argie he would be #9 at Madrid or Barca or Man U.... because Lanus just sold a 19 year old for 20 million cause he was Argie, and they sold Higuian for 30 who is not as good as falcao

Renteria ... Porto FC isnt crap, and even in that crap french team he scored 9 goals not even playing every game... the guy is 21 give him a break haha... and france is a feeder league what happened with him he got the interst of bayern and madrid and he stopped being humble making his form go down and pissing off his coach for saying he wanted to leave

Zuniga ... Colombian Roberto Calros by fifa.. he is going to brasil or argentina next season

Dayro Moreno... best team in romania, in champions league, and idol already ... and he has not gotten in trouble over there... KID IS 21 GIVE HIM A ********ING BREAK !!!

Rodagella went to Mexico was crap and regaining the form he had in 2005, being looked at by Almeria of Spain... and at moments is like Asprilla utter crap or dominating and unstoppable

this new team is not 3rd to me we are like 4th... because how dominating Paraguay are. We just have really passionate fans like most SA countries. But putting these players down is stupid, they are all 22- and with the exception of Cristian who already in europe and Falcao every player is black making it harder for them to go to europe.

b4 people are like thats a dumb comment but look at how many black players are in europe for other countries? that stupid (grandparent rule thats bullshit for SA players)

13. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007
    I didn't say Udinese was crap I said it was a mediocre team.
    I didn't say the Argentinian league was crap I said it was a second class league.
    I didn't call Porto crap because I didn't even mention them. Renteria barely played in Porto and then went to a team who was relegated in France.
    Zuniga...the "colombian roberto carlos...":eek:. Once again going to a SECOND CLASS LEAGUE
    Dayro is not a professional player. Yeah, I can give him a break but the truth is he's a drunk and no serious player at 21 is still asking for breaks.
    Rodallega is a mediocre player, sometimes he does well sometimes he doesn't do anything what so ever. That league suits him very well.

So you see no World Class players. Some people still have the AUDACITY to say we are fighting for the second spot. hahaha And I was saying that some mexican fans are delirious. :D

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    again all these players are 22... no one is calling them World Class just they are very good and promising.... and Falcao, Renteria and Cristian Zapata to me can be world class

Dayro has gotten over his party ways in Romania and has calmed down, he said he was with a bad group of friends in colombia and moving to romania with his mom and his gf and hanging out with Robinson changed him... and people change bro

Rodagella has become humble and hungry no longer the I am better than Messi asshole he was 2 years ago... he has 9 goals this season with a shit team, give him a better one and he will dominate

Zuniga needs to do something to stop getting hurt and but he is amazing

again why are Argentina/Brasil 2nd rate teams cause they dont have euros in them... why do big euro teams pay 20 million for 20 year old's from these leagues if they are "2nd rate ones???"

15. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007
    They can be but they're not. If you want to be a football power you need WC players not promises and almost.

Yes.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    #66 efernandez9, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    look like you search the whole forum in a good way, and that is all you got to offer?

estas buscando respuestas, buscando excusas o estas asustado con lo probre de tu equipo y usando este paraguas? te pareces a un calen^o que visitaba en 2008 bajo al nombre de siempreconlamecha y que fue expulsado por repetidas ofensas al futbol serio. Parece que armaste el mismo quilombo en foro colombia national team, al revivir un hilo de hace 12 semestres

17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Man que raro se siente leer un thread the hase 7 anios jajaja.

condor11 and dapip repped this.
  18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    sobre todo de gente que aun esta entre nosotros y ver la evolucion de la opinion!