“China must qualify for the World Cup, no doubt about that,” the AFC official said.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by IraqiFootball, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    That doesn't change the fact that you were giving your Saudi Passports on the streets back in the ol'days. ;) They offered Saudi Passports to my relatives in Mecca. And I'm wondering are you still offering your Saudi Passport to non-Saudis? or you stopped doing it? Just curious. :rolleyes:

2. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    In 1994 when you guys were in the WC we were just getting backup on our feet after the war and not having a national team for more than 10 years. After 94 all Saudis have managed to do is REPEATEDLY embarrass Asia and I don't see them stopping any time soon :D As you guys continue on sucking all other Asian teams have been improving. Remember what you told me in the other thread? "when you diss my country make sure yours has its shit together" ;)

3. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    oooh you were in a little war were you? if you're going to use war as an excuse, then Iraq is miles better than your team.

What has Iran accomplished since 1994?

They beat a very weak US team (which will never happen again) and tied Angola.

4. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's still better than a tie against Tunisia and a weak South Africa and one embarrassing loss after another.

5. dj_funk redded

dj_funk redded Red Card

Apr 5, 2008
    Korea Rep, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Japan, Australia, Iraq should take part in instead of China.
    China must qualify?
    Why is must?

6. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    A little war??????????????????????????????? :eek:
    If you're in a war for 8 years straight and loose half a million people do you give a ******** about football? I don't think so
    During that time you guys were building your team and that is the only reason you were successful in that WC. Plus before the revolution we were obviously the best in Asia and we will be great again but we need time. Anyways, I think a team who looses by 8 goals to nil and 4 zip repeatedly shouldn't talk

7. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    Don't forget 8-0 and 4-0 to Germany and Ukraine respectively.

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Old days who knows what they did. Nowadays you need to live in Saudi Arabia for 20 years, need to be married to a Saudi, or be borned in Saudi Arabia etc. After you have these qualifications you might get the Saudi passport. Its one of the hardest to get and they don't just give it away like you think.

9. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A team that claims to be one of Asias best should at least be able to surpass the quarterfinal of the latest Asian Cup! Again, Iran is the only "Big 5" that hasn't qualified to the second round of the WC, only Iran. ;)

10. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah we are sucking indeed! Reaching the final of the Asian Cup and we suck. While Australia and Iran are improving!! (Quarterfinal).:eek:

11. Ghermez

Ghermez Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Germany
    Saudi Arabia is indeed one of the best asian football teams, no doubt about that. They reached the asian cup finals more than any other nation in the past. So for all of you who say saudis team suck, just look in the history books. On the other hand, they do lose to the european nations in wold cups too high (like 8:0 to germany, 4:0 to Ukraine) and that is embarrassing not only Saudi Arabians, but also the hole Asia.

12. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Well, if he's expressing his strong belief in China, then I don't see anything wrong with it, ethically speaking.

If he's talking about some sort of foul play, then he's rather stupid to be so blatant about it so I'd rather doubt something proposed by someone so stupid holds any water.

But if he's referencing to a big bet he has placed by mistake, then, God help him. :D

13. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    Australia hadn't qualified for the WC until last year and they have been better than Saudi forever
    Korea/Japan Had always sucked until 2002 and they have always better than Saudi Arabia
    If that is how you are measuring your superiority (a 1994 WC) than sooner or later even China is gonna go to the next round let alone Iran while you guys are sitting on your asses thinking if it hadn't rained we could have lost by less than 24 goals from Ukraine;)
    And as I said the only reason Iran doesn't have a better Asian Cup record is the revolution and the 8 year war!!! Saudi has had unlimited time and resource to improve and what do they have to show for it?:D

14. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    And you're referring to...?

15. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Inshallah the problem with the European countries will be eliminated as well.

16. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    This, :)

“China must qualify for the World Cup, no doubt about that,” the AFC official said.

17. dj_funk redded

dj_funk redded Red Card

Apr 5, 2008
    We don't care about Chinese football because we aren't interested in it.