“China must qualify for the World Cup, no doubt about that,” the AFC official said.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by IraqiFootball, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Soccerninja99

Soccerninja99 New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Fushida if you were a AFC official and said that would you like to be named?

China are so bad that they have the altitude, home crowd and we have 7 injured players and you STILL cant win and the only way you can score is by simulating by getting a penalty, but you didnt score.

Why are you in Denial Fushida, the more you watch a video the more clear it gets.

2. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Did you answer my question? No.

If this was a credible source who actually said that, why does no other news agency have the scoop. Why is it this unknown Aussie football blog that gets exclusive access to this AFC official? Makes sense? Not really.

BTW, I never said China was good. I support my national team sure, but I never argued they deserved to win, so clear up on that please before you insult me. This thread is about the supposed match-fixing, which you implicitly denied when you claim the player "simulated" and got the penalty.

The more I watch the video, the more I see Schwarzer flap and hit the striker... sorry I don't have denial-vision.

3. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Are you serious? BOOM. No more time wasting on retard #10.

Loyalty misspelled a proper noun, which is enough reason to point out he is an ignorant fool considering he was using it as an argument.

But you...YOU spelled "didn't" wrong. MY EYES... THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!11!!11

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    They won't answer your question just because you are right, they are wrong.

They will divert to something else.

5. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Okay, since you'd rather attack how I did my analysis rather than the analysis itself, I'll presume you agree that it wasn't a penalty and the referee made a mistake. That is fine, good to see you've conceded that point.

Sorry but what does the teams I support have anything to do with what I'm talking about?

I follow Glory (An A-League team) because I'm Australian and it's my city team. Moron.

I follow Liverpool mostly because I've been following them since I was 5 years old. Unlike some other people around here, my personality has a problem with simply changing teams because they are going through a hard time. So what's your problem with that?

For personal reasons, I'm having one of the best days of my life today but cheers mate :D

6. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Actually, if you bothered reading my posts, I stated my position a while back on the penalty. Do I have to retype the whole thing just for you Your Highness?

It has nothing to do with the argument, I just felt like a personal attack after all the ones I got from you guys, you got a problem with that?

Oh well, I tried my best to ruin it :)

Cheers ;)

7. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If it's not too much trouble, I like being treated like a princess :D

8. Soccerninja99

Soccerninja99 New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Chinese dude i think its funny how you cant come up with a good arguement that you accuse peoples grammar.

9. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Name calling stops here and now. I dont care how many times you feel to repeat yourself or how intelligent you think other posters are, you have no right to be behaving the way that some of you are.

10. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Uhh.. hello "ninjadude"? I don't have a good argument? Put your glasses back on and read the past 3 pages. My argument's there, you guys are just ignoring it and attacking me.

Good grief.

(Actually I attacked his spelling of a NAME, which is fair grounds. YOU are the one who attacked my "grammar", get it right ;))

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing is this... if FIFA wanted China to qualify that badly... then why did they put them in a group with Iraq, Australia and Qatar?

:rolleyes:

12. Kigai

Kigai Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That is true, anyone who believes the article is a moron.

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You mean they can fix the draw? :eek:

14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is another topic but I always thought 2002 was fishy... when Saudi Arabia + Iran were drawn together while China got an easy group with UAE the second seed. With the cup being held in Japan/Korea, and only 1 team from each group qualifying automatically, it sempt strange that Iran and Saudi (the two remaining qualifiers from the previous cup, 98) while China were put in a group with UAE, Oman, Uzbekistan and Qatar I think it was. Remember these teams were nowhere near as strong back then. But I have no idea how they actually make the draw other than allocating the seeds so I can't say too much on this.

15. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    ++++++++

Thank you both!

Well, if people believe they can match-fix... then yes, they can fix the draw. I think that would have been easier to do no? China, Turkmenistan, Singapore, Lebanon group? As bad as China are I'd hope they can at least get into top 2 :D

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I have to say Qatar is dangerous with Quintana. I have to say that Qatar will take the 2nd spot.

17. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    lol, that was funny...but its not really strange having an Indian who was born in Saudi as a supporter of the KSA national team. I have a friend from Kenya who supports our national team for the same reason. What non-Iraqi supports the Iraqi team? Maybe some American troops? LOL

As for Australia, qualifying to only 2 world cups in a span of 4 decades is nothing to brag about, nor is the fact that their only victory is against an Asian side that performed poorly in the world cup. And who are the teams that disqualify Australia from reaching the world cup...Scotland (lol), Israel (lol), Iran (lol)...granted Australia and Uruguay are classy outfits, but still they were the worst placed teams out of the Conmebol qualifiers.

Then when they entered the Asian zone, they dont impress and are eliminated by a Japanese squad in the quarterfinals (who are then eliminated by Saudi Arabia in the semis).

Also, in 1998 they were disqualified by an Iranian team that Saudi Arabia comfortably qualified over. So this attitude that some Aussies have here is laughable and a joke. Specifically people like Bay23.

Besides, the last two games Australia played against Saudi Arabia ended in a 0-0 score in October 1996, and a 1-0 loss to Saudi Arabia in the 1997 Confederations Cup.

Your club teams lose to Thai outfits in the Asian Champions league....while KSA's Al Ittihad is the only club to win back to back.

Who are you to talk? You have a long way to go to reach Saudi Arabia's accomplishments.

18. cool_cat2007

cool_cat2007 New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia is not an Asian powerhouse yet, they still have to prove themselves. However, the thing you don't realise is back in the dark ages (pre Lowy) we were run by Soccer Australia. They were monkeys. They were bankrupt and almost destroyed the game here due to incompetence. they couldn't even afford to pay our European players airfares to play qualifiers. Guys like Scott Chipperfield had to pay his own way from Europe. Back then we also didn't even have a professional Australian league. The fact that we didn't qualify as much in the past was to do with these factors and lack of real competitive pressure matches. Try winning 31-0 in every match, and then playing a real pressure cooker match hardened team in a 2 leg playoff 2 months later. In truth, in those days our full strength squad would only play 2-3 friendlies a year which meant we also lacked continuity . On Uruguay, they have beaten Argentina and Brazil in qualifiers. they are no mugs being 2 time world cup winners and all. That Scotland team back in the 80's had some classy players. The Iran game drew in Tehrain, and dominated 75% of the game in Oz leading 2-0....everyone knows the rest

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    LOL.

20. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You think people don't support us and only they support you? Then you are wrong.

Kenyan? Sure, sure because of the numerous African-Saudis in your team. Are you still giving your Saudi passport freely on the streets? or you guys stopped doing it?

21. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    lol whenever I think of that game I feel so bad for all Ausies; I mean you guys controlled the entire match and hit the post a gizillion times in the process from what i remember and then BAM
    P.S. @ Laith>> The only thing you Saudis have accomplished is to qualify for the WC each year just to embarrass yourselves and Asia so congrats and stop braging

22. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    China in my opinion is weaker then Saudi Arabia, and those guys provide a good laugh once every 4 years.

Even if China manages to qualify which I don't think is possible, but if they do they will get embarassed in 2010. Face it aside from Australia, South Korea and maybe Japan there are no other teams that deserve a spot at the WC.

My reaction to this thread = WHO CARES

23. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    level of play between the "big 5" isn't all that different. only deserving side is the one that makes it through the end... i'll stop being captain obvious now.

but let's face it... any team in asia can make it in the big show in 2010 if for no other reason than the fact that any of the "Big 5" can self-destruct at any given time.

24. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Iran is the only Asian member of the big "5" to have never gotten past the first round of the World Cup.

25. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Giving Saudi passports freely? Do you know that 10% of Saudis are African Arabs. Ignorant.