“China must qualify for the World Cup, no doubt about that,” the AFC official said.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by IraqiFootball, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Is this for real!? How can the AFC openly express their support of a certain national team? Be prepared for some match-fixing! We can now be sure China will qualify out of the group of death.

2. Sahand

Sahand New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    This is despicable!! We all know that AFC is the lowest of the low when it comes to the Footballing Bodies of World Football for their lack of professionalism, corruption, pan-Arab tendencies etc. but this really takes the cake. We all know that they want China in it, but being blatant is unfortunate.

This is not good for Australia, Iraq nor Qatar.

3. Mounir

Mounir New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    What the hell is this bullshit. Man The Afc is corruptedd

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    If the AFC was corrupted, China would have won the Asian cup 2007. (For God's sake China didn't even made it out of the group stages.)

So when making statements, back up your comments as well.

5. Boudster

Boudster New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Dubai
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think the right word here is un-professional.

6. pakhtakor_foreva

pakhtakor_foreva New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    i think best reply for the article.

Never AFC employee should directly support individual teams in media. even if somebody has his or her favorites, nature of the work doesnt allow any employee to make kind of in article mentioned statements.

7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Why you think that they didn't want to do it? :rolleyes: you don't know... But you know.. there is always a straw breaks the dog's back. Let them bark as much as they want.

8. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Gotta wonder who this "unnamed official" is. Especially his/her nationality.
    Then again, it is also possible that this entire comment is exaggerated by the writer
    and/or that there is no actual "unnamed official".

9. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    What a stupid comment for the AFC to make. China need to pull their heads out of their arse's if they want to get to the world cup, because at the moment they're a long shot.

10. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Exactly.

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

What makes you think they wanted to do it?

12. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Wow these AFC officials like to speak their minds don't they!

I think everyone knows that the rise of China would be beneficial to Asian football as a whole, however making such a direct statement especially with the qualifiers ongoing is bizarre.

How funny would it be if they got put out of this round :p

13. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
    I think they just want more visitors to thier web site.

14. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    I have word from an unnamed official that the Premier League's relocating to China to tap this large market. Now I just need a blog to post it on........

/laugh @ this thread. Its great how some people believe everything they read.

15. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Holy cow, Now the refeere well favor China in ther next matches

This isnt good for any of the grupp, Except China then

Its gona be intereset to watch Aussi vs China and in the same time Iraq-Qatar

Good football day :D

16. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GO Australia!!!

17. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Awesome. If we win Matchday 2 we can rename the team the Giant-slayers of Kunming.

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh no these ones are smart. They are just looking for excuses. Lets say if China did get out of the group. The Iraqi, Australian fans will say "China got out of the group because this AFC official said so."

19. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    China is weak.
    They almost lost to Thailand at home last week. :D
    If they want to qualify, they need lots of help.;)

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's so ridiculous. At least we know the source of it if the refs are biased. I reckon there should be an election between the federations for head of AFC and so on. Nominees would beJohn o'neill and Saburo Kawabuchi and some other people. That guy in charge at the moment I think Hassam is rubbish. God that's hte most unprofessional comments I've heard in a long time.

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    any answer? ;)

22. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Wow, intelligence level rising through the roof here.

Australia tied Singapore 0-0 yesterday, and they beat Japan in the World Cup last year 3-1. By your logic Singapore is better than Japan? Damn... Japan's gonna need a lot of luck this time around too eh? (Oh wait no, never mind, unnamed official tells me that Aussie-Singapore tie yesterday was fixed so to raise the profile of football in SE Asia. But no one's gonna listen to MY unnamed source are they? Fools.)

@ sahbekham: Yea, if China ever managed to somehow get out of that group, I see it happening too ;)

23. Sardukar

Sardukar Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Sydney
    Problem is, China won't be getting out of the group. Iraq is just to naturally talented and Australia to professional and organised (what a contrast to the late 90s). Chinese team just isn't good enough, and even if they did make it out of the group they wont get past the likes of iran, japan, korea etc.

24. Vicivtwenty redded

Feb 9, 2008
    Frankly, it is better that Australia take part in World Cup rather than Australia. Australia has shown good impression WC 2 years ago.

25. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

:confused:

Would you like to try again? ;)