‘Haiti’s facilities better than ours’ says Bermuda Under-20 Football skipper

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Nov 1, 2006.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Warlord: you gotta stop this, take this as a warning

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that Haiti, and in recent more recent times the US CANNOT beat Jamaica.;)

Yes you both advanced but Jamaica alone undid themselves in not qualifying. We didn't qualify for the hex in 2005 because we couldn't win at home. That was our undoing. It's not like the US beat us to eliminate...so stop tryna take credit for something you didn't do.;) We had a very good road record during the semi-final round. I'll say it again...like Haiti we didn't lose to you on both occasions but we got eliminated anyway. That is down to us not the US or Haiti. You were losing to us in Kingston but ended up finding an equaliser in injury time to draw....what does that tell ya? Do you understand or should I spell it out for you.;)

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    There's no excuse. We undid ourselves it's that simple. You didn't eliminate us, we did that on our own. Losing to St Vincent was the straw that broke us ...had we won against them it wouldn't have mattered how much we scored against you. ;)

Jamaica still has an outside chance to qualify from the Caribbean.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Why are you getting involved in this Does what I say really matter to you? Are you low on your estrogen levels?;)

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Warning about what? I have not said anything negative about anyone. All I've done is stated football facts about Haiti and the US not being able to beat Jamaica. If that offends some people, then this forum is useless.:confused:

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am not even gonna dignify you by answering that.
    If anyone is a female, it would be you, anyway, as you keep going on about the Haitians.
    Leave them alone, get a life...if that is at all possible :)
    You were warned by the mod already, I would shut up if I were you.

Metro

7. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    what are you talkin about? Why would they get an at large bid??? Jamaica's gone....all that's left for the reggae boyz now is to start training up for the 2009 Digicel Caribbean Cup campaign.

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    About your offensive comments about Haiti.
    Yes you had.
    it does offend some people.
    I hope you understand and stop them now.

9. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Apparently you missed what I was saying because I acknowledged the fact that neither us nor Haiti beat Jamaica in a single match... but you seem to miss my point that we didn't *need* to beat you in order to win.

Sometimes (actually often) in soccer a victory is not just scoring more goals than the other team. For example, in Gold Cup Qualifying, Jamaica *lost* to Haiti because their objective was not to defeat Haiti, it was to defeat Haiti by X goals. Jamaica only defeated them by Y goals, and since X > Y, Jamaica essentially lost because they didn't accomplish their goal. Everyone knows that Haiti did not score more goals than Jamaica in that particular game, but Haiti still won overall, as is evident in the fact that they are playing in Round 2 and Jamaica is not.

So I don't know why you are bragging about beating a team in a match that got you eliminated because of the scoreline, and your opponents moved on (which, as I pointed out, happened in both situations when Jamaica faced the USA and Haiti).

And no, you can't say it was only because of St. Vincent. If it had been a different situation heading into the final game, say Haiti needed a draw or a win, you don't know that they wouldn't have gotten that result. They got the result they needed to "win" in the scenerio that played out, so you can't assume they wouldn't have gotten a positive result in their favor in a different scenerio as well.

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Don't you not have anything better to do? Why are you even here? Last time I checked this is the Caribbean forum. Go moderate the South American boards....that's where you belong:p

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    The WC is more important for us. The digicel cup is a stepping stone for us.......for you it's the closest you'll ever get to another WC appearance.;)

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Your analogy about results don't matter because you didn't need to win doesn't make sense at all. Did you or Haiti field weakened teams when you played us. The answer is NO. You fielded strong teams because obviously you wanted to win as much as we wanted to.

I think you are missing the point. Early matches against lesser or weaker opponents does count for something. Let's revisit the WC semi-final round. Had you dropped 3 pts in Kingston against us....do you not think that would've mattered or helped shape your destiny for the rest of that tournament?

If you lose or draw against teams you're expected to beat and then defeat the stronger ones, that still does NOT guarantee you advancing out of your group stage unless some of the so-called weaker teams upset or draw your other opponents as well. Do you catch my drift?;)

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So what you're saying is that because I am not from the Caribbean I have absolutely no right to post here? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    It's also hard to understand the message you're trying to convey because of your grammar (or lack thereof). You say "don't you not".
    Please listen to the mod, or else.

Metro

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Metro is very welcomed here

15. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Don't YOU have anything better to do? Why are YOU even here then? cuz last time I checked this is a Haitian topic, which requires no input from you. We all kno you been hatin on us, but i personally don't give a damn......really i don't :cool: hate on us if it makez u feel betta. but on this topic, give up kid. What's the point of all this??? either way ur national team is going nowhere and our's leaves for Martinique tomorrow. :p

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    This is interesting. Why would someone who knows nothing about the history of Caribbean football discuss it? If you do please enlighten me..... Im curious to hear what you have to say.

Do you think I would go post on the South American boards if I don't know anything about their clubs/national football teams?:rolleyes:

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    It's in the Caribbean forum isn't it.;) Do you not post on the soca warriors threads as well as others here?

If you don't think i should post then ask Morado to create a separate Haitian Foruml. Until that happens, I will post in any thread in Caribbean forums because I'm JAMAICAN AND JAMAICA is an island in the Caribbean!:p

Like I told you before, I have no reason to hate on you people. You've never EVER won a Caribbean cup title and never get out of the preliminary rounds in WCQ. Nobody talks about Haiti except for you Haitians. When Jamaica went to France in '98..people were talking about us and remember us to this very day. Not just because we qualified, but also because they loved our sweet reggae music and our world renowned cuisine.

We left our mark in France and in Europe, and Trinidad has done the same when they went to Germany. Does anyone ever mention Haiti? I don't think so. You leave for Martinique tomorrow...that's great....Martnique actually won a Digicel Cup...remember that!!;)

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I know a lot more than you think. I probably know more than you, in fact. I understand your ignorance about SA football....that is not my problem, let alone fault. I, in the other hand, have always a profound interest in Caribbean soccer, not because of people like you, of course.
    So, before you criticize someone, you find what they're all about. :)
    Just ask anybody else in this thread.
    Ask Flash or any of the Haitians, or even MoRado and they will tell you.

Your inferiority complex is starting to annoy me.
    MoRado: can you request a RC for this clown?

Metro

19. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I don't know who you mean by "they", but i've neva heard anybody talk about Jamaica in such a legendary regard as you put it. Yeah i do post on the T&T and Jamaican websites and mostly everyone knows imma Haitian fan, but i don't post anything saying, "i'm Haitian, we're better than yall" cuz men don't do that, and to correct you buddy, you're an American who used to live in Jamaica. so yall eat jerk chicken, what does all this have to do with soccer??? So since you mentioned Martinique winning a Digicel Cup i guess it's a big deal now right?

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    This thread is a complete joke. I asked you to enlighten me and all you can say is " I probably know more than you". Is that all you know? You know more than me.

Have ever been to Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados, and Grenada? Have you ever watched youth football in any of those nations? Have you even seen a live NPL game in Jamaica or any Trinidad & Tobago Pro-League matches?

Do you even know Jamaica's football history or Trinidad's for that matter? You know shite:p ...so don't front like you know more than me. I grew up watching schoolboys football in Jamaica....Shell Caribbean Cup tournaments, NPL games and Caribbean players.

I'm not going to get into this debate with you because it's senseless imo. And stop asking Morado to red card me because I'm opinionated. That's dumb. You people are like some really emotional individuals. I'm gonna go smoke my spliff and leave you mental people alone.:eek:

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the whole carribeans infrasturce sucks

:D

bermuda must really suck if they call haiti piss poor grounds nice

Jamaica has a decent system and so does trindad , but lets allface it we are no England not even USA.

Guatemala is decent and the same goes to the Cr Honduras and ES , we have nice falicties but it sucks compare to europe or South america and espcially the US Suburbs

22. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You can check my passport it says place of birth "Manchester, Jamaica not USA.:rolleyes: You're mistaken once again. Yea I do live in the US now but I travel back to Jamaica often to visit my grandmother who is much older.

And yea we're more respected in Europe than you people are but that's another topic.

The reason I mentioned Martinique winning a digicel cup was to point out that they were supposedly never as good as Haiti, yet they were Cup medal winners before you. Good luck to your team in Digicel Cup.

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Guate while i agree with you that some islands infrastructure sucks, Trinidad and Jamaica's is much better than most. I have personally visited some of the new facilities in Trinidad and it was quite nice.

And yea no one can compare caribbean/CA facilities to the ones in Europe. They obviously have a lot more moneyto invest in football than any of our nations. I mean England alone has 92 football clubs in their country and well the bigger clubs have more money invested in facilities and player development.:(

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I followed Jamaica's and TnT's WC qualification campaigns (to France '98 and Germany '02) very closely as a matter of fact.
    I've always had a profound respect and interest in Caribbean soccer. I've studied the Caribbean and its history in the college and uni level, and I've always found people of Caribbean origin to be very pleasant to be around. You don't fit that mould, obviously. Just because I've never lived there (in the Caribbean) does not mean I don't know anything about it. So, like I said, before you criticize someone, you find out what they're all about.
    I know plenty, trust me.
    I played in Cuba while I was there., but unlike you I don't consider myself superior just because of that.
    Please leave this thread, because none here likes you... :) plain and simple.

Metro

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You are a joke of a moderator.I don't know how you became a mod but I guess if you're one then anyone on this board can become one too!:eek:

So you followed Jamaica's and Trinidad's recent world cup campaigns and you studied Caribbean history in college...blah..blah..blah...am I supposed to be impressed?:rolleyes:

You still have not mentioned anything of value that signifies that you know about our history in football.
    You're a chump. I'm not going to waste my time tryna explain something to an individual who lacks any level of intelligence.;)