Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  2. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Absolutely not a guaranteed spot in euro. That’s assuming Ukraine defeats Lithuania at home. After the Moldova debacle in 2013, that is certainly no guarantee. This team is better than that one though probably at every single position. Funny things happen in football and luck hasn’t exactly been our friend the last 25 years.

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A win at home against Lithuania will, almost, guarantee Ukraine qualify for Euro. Unless, of course, Ukraine loses by 5 or more goals at Serbia..

4. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Just my thoughts on a few players after watching the extended Nigeria highlights.

Lunin: the guy is awesome. Super fast reflexes, big size, confidence, poise and intelligence. He COULD be one of those rare difference making keepers. However, I’m worried this will be another wasted year for him as he’s already not playing. La Liga Has a history of young prospects that have gone there to play and sat on benches until they were in their mid 20s before going to a league worse than the upl.

Kovalenko: didn’t really notice him, but it looked like he got put into a cdm role, which isn’t his game as far as I understand, although he won’t find his way into an attacking midfield role on this team. Maybe not even on Shakhtar. That may have factored into nigeria having so many chances. Would have liked to see shepelev there and see what he can do.

Karavaev: from what I saw, as expected from a converted midfielder, he looked overmatched defensively, but contributed numerous times from the flank with good runs and effective crosses. I’d start with a more prototypical back there and bring him in if we are in need of a goal. I kind of thought Zinchenko might get a look from that spot today, just to see if we could somehow squeeze One more of our stud midfielders in.

Moraes: a striker like we’ve lacked since sheva. He made some great runs and just missed getting his toe on some stretches. The guy just seems to know how to score. Obviously not the same class as sheva, but a hell of a lot better than scrubs like zozulya and seleznyev, who you knew weren’t going to score. Was hoping he would make it to Roma as rumored and maybe add a bit to his game as he might still be around for the World Cup campaign. Too bad Shved got hurt, I’m starving to see him actually play.

Yaremchuk: the “Ukrainian Giroud” is settling in very nicely as a complimentary forward. Looking like a much better version of Veronin. One that can actually score. although his scoring touch has left a bit to be desired, he seems to create a lot for others and himself.

Malinowsky: his free kicks from the right side of the field are deadly and I fully expect him to be taking them. What a great late bloomer and difference maker on this team. Anyone playing full minutes anywhere, in any decent league is so important. Again, hoping he gets real minutes in Italy. I wonder if sobol will flourish similarly in Belgium.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    For sure practically guaranteed spot in Europe. That game was in Moldova with retarded Blokhin at the helm and different player personnel

We will beat Lithuania at home ugly or not, can clinch with draw at home to Portugal or avoid losing by 5 goals in Belgrade. This is our best campaign so far, no luck involved like in 2006, we are just flat out playing well

This game was delightful to watch. The quality was decent, but the energy & desire of both teams was stunning to observe. Closest I've ever seen a game resemble a video game, was end to end and played competitive yet care free, brilliant game especially the 2nd half. We should've lost like 6-4, would highly recommend watching it

Lunin: another tough goalie ahead of him, won't be easy. Looked good today but had an absolute blooper whiffing the ball trying to clear running out of the box

Kovalev: he has regressed from his u20 world cup days and starting in champs league. He's slow & weak, he's nothing more than an average option for us off the bench. He was grossly off the pace today against fast & technical Nigeria

Karavaev: He was brilliant v. Serbia, I was surprised he was left on the bench in favor of Bolbat who is a typical subpar Ukrainian fullback, 'bolbes' is what I call him haha. Karavaev maybe vulnerable defensively like you mentioned but his overlapping runs are immense and gives us a chance to retain possession and get in the box with a slashing run for a cross

Moraes & Yaremchuk: I'm not sure what to think of them yet, but they offer something refreshing. We need them to keep up their confident form at club level

Malinovsky: simply brilliant CM, him and Zinchenko together gives us technical quality we severely lacked outside of Rotan, a blanket of security in midfield now with those 2. He will get chances in Italy for sure, right now having to prove himself off the bench but he's a sublime player. Sobol btw looked very good near the tail end of the game, left a lot to be desired early on but showed some class late, I forgot he went to Belgium will keep an eye on him

6. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Thanks footy, awesome stuff. Let us know from time to time how Buletsa and supriaha are looking.