Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    But I didn't imly choosing Malyshev over Gusev, read my post again. They also play at different positions and Gusev deserved it and yada yada yada, but at current state of affairs Malyshev is more important player as he has such obscure player as Sydorchuk taking his position spot, while Gusev's clearly not a starter, can't last 90 minutes and were lacking playing time both at Dynamo and UNT lately. My point is that loss of Malyshev isn't less important that loss of Gusev hype.

He's my least favourite UNT player as of now, as he was like that at most parts of the season.

And yeah, Karavayev can play at both wings both as back and midfielder, been crucial at that good season at Zorya, while Shevchuk for some reasons started to got some micro injuries in the games, which is a bit worrying.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #1427 goliath74, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Husev plays as a LB, RB, RW, and LW. He had also scored 13 goals for Dynamo this season (despite his minutes dwindling), 10 in UPL, 1 in CL (against Porto), 2 in the Ukrainian Cup. he can still play 90 minutes but at left wing he loses out to Gonzales. Husev's best position is RW (where he loses out to Yarmolenko). As soon as Yarmolenko leaves, Husev becomes a starter at Dynamo, again.

Malyshev is a better player than Sydorchuk, just not a very physical one, which is important against the Germans and the Norn Iron. And, as far as offensive creativity, Rybalka is a better player than Malyshev. As I have said before, Malyshev is a more complete player. He should have gone instead of Tymoschuk, not instead of Sydorchuk.

P.S. With all the glaring holes in Sydorchuk's game, he's, certainly, not an obscure player, as he is a starter for the UPL-champion Dynamo at that position.

PS2. Malyshev is, certainly not a more important player than Husev, because we have literally a platoon of central midfielders. Husev, at the same time, can competently cover 4 different positions, none of which are redundantly filled. Husev would have been a far more important player at the UNT than Malyshev.

PS3. We had a conversation with Rybka yesterday (yes, that Rybka, he is currently vacationing in Miami). He said that everyone is shocked that Husev is not going to Euro2016. However, he did say that there is one thing that could be a (however tiny) rationalization for that - Husev has played virtually the whole season with a back problem and needed shots for every game. But, he says, this is nothing new for the consummate professionals like Husev.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, that was the most pathetic display of football from both Ukraine and Russia I have ever seen......LOL...to lose to powerhouses like Wales, NIreland, and Slovakia. Just embarrassing.

4. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't understand, why have Russia been so terrible since the breakup of the Soviet Union?

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Because most of the Soviet top footballers were Ukrainians.

A better question should have been why Ukraine have not been stellar... There are several objective reasons for that.

big spaniel repped this.
  6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #1431 goliath74, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    An interesting experiment of playing with ZERO forwards by Ukrainian National Team (I know, I know, technically, Kovalenko plays upfront) has so far lead to a 1-1 half-time score. UNT's defense is struggling to ward off physical Icelandic forwards. Kucher is having a terrible time of it. He is being muscled off the ball and he has already (wittingly and unwittingly) contributed to the two 100% chances Iceland had. They scored the first one and let us off the hook on the other.

Sobol is looking good. Konoplyanka is not showing much purpose nor understanding what everyone else is doing on the pitch. Yarmolenko looks only marginally better. He scored a very good goal and made a couple of good offensive moves. But that's about it. Kovalenko runs around like a chicken without a head. Zinchenko looks full of purpose and consistently wins the ball but gives it away in the next breath.

Rakytskyi had two powerful shots on goal, which bothered Icelandic goalkeeper. He should continue shooting. In fact, UNT should continue to put ball on the net, the GK there is not having a strong evening. Other than his shots, Rakytskyi is not doing well defensively. Our central defense is scarily bad without Khacheridi there. And we really do need to involve Danilo Silva. He is now a Ukrainian citizen and has had three strong season for Dynamo. He can play both RB and CB. I would rather see him play CB than that miner train wreck.

Overall, Ukrainian players seem to have better ball control and win most of the tussles out there. But, at times, they are too static and that is not going to get it done against the tough and numerous Icelandic defenders.

At least UNT is creating chances. Let's hope they score again in the second half.

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Very disappointing result... UNT was clearly the better team in the second half. But we have only ourselves to blame. A penalty kick should be an almost automatic goal, especially for such an experienced penalty-taker like Konoplyanka.

1-1. Accidentally, this same scoreline was registered in all three matches in the group.

8. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Pathetic performance actually.

To allow an early goal in the manner that the defense did set the tone for the whole game.

Always trying to climb a mountain rather jumping over a molehill.

Konoplianka's penalty was one of the worse that I have seen. Piss poor.

Even with all teams drawing YKPAIHA will this team will struggle to advance.

9. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I'll be a minority but I blame Butko for the goal as Kucher was at the right place while Butko fall deep down failing to archieve that offside.

[Rakytskyi ]
    is the best player of UNT, period

[miner train wreck]
    Do you mean the one that once proved themselve at higher level than NT? And to be fair, I never liked Khacheridi, especially his perfomance on E12 when he partnered up with Mykhalyk and it was the worst choice ever.

[A penalty kick should be an almost automatic goal, especially for such an experienced penalty-taker like Konoplyanka.]
    He was very nervous, breathing deeply, looking around, scratched his face a few times, tired, I knew he would not score. Also, he was totally the worst. Too bad Taison is selecao player now, Ukraine should bring other options, which Ukraine have not, but hell, I'd try Petryak or even somebody else but Kono.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Be it as it may but on the second 100% chance, it was all Kucher. He took a wrong position and got pushed off the ball. Butko had nothing to do with that.

Nah, that was Yarmolenko. Rakytskyi had several decent moments and two excellent shots on goal. he is still struggling defensively and taking too many unnecessary fouls all over the field.

Khacheridi is UNT's best center back and has been the best for the last three or so years. I do not think there can even be an argument against that. In 2012 he was a young whipper-snapper. Kucher had been terrible then and he is still terrible. Khacheridi, compared to these clowns, is a Franz Beckenbauer.

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Couple of other players would of helped....

Khacheridi was missed - make no mistake about it.
    Harmash is also a player that could of helped.

We're missing a lethal striker, and without one these 1-1, 1-0, 0-1, will not get us anywhere.

Take a look at a 37yo Tim Cahill who comes off the bench and scores for Australia against UAE.

WhereTF are these forwards who are going to score.

Piss Poor. I think this team is mentally not wanting to go Rasha in the first place but also the team is just not good enuff. They'll finish 3rd or 4th.

12. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ukraine might have to win the group outright as too many draws could keep them out of the playoff position.

13. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well if they can't hold a 2-0 lead and then struggle to draw 2-2 its going to be very hard to progress.

Mental mistakes. Goal before halftime. And the fouls in the last 15 minutes of the game which played into the Turkish hands was pivotal in the let down.

Disappointing!

14. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game might have have actually cost Ukraine a World Cup spot.

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just need to take it one game at a time. Beating Iceland in Iceland will have to be paramount.

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Having defeated Turkey, 2-0, Ukrainian National Team may have briefly occupied the first spot in the Group I of 2018 World Cup Qualification.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Let's see how they do against Iceland.

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A win puts Ukraine in driving seat for, at least, second place. A loss does not yet kill it (but makes it very unlikely)

19. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    Fifteen minutes to go..... they really haven't had a run at goal the whole second half. Very disappointing.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    There you have it.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, it comes down to this. Need a win.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Interesting tidbit. Since Ireland has taken the lead in Cardiff, if the UKR-CRO ends in a draw, both teams are eliminated. Ukraine - as a third-place finisher, Croatia as the worst runner-up.

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I guess this was moot. :cry:

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So, what interest do we have for the Nations Cup or whatever this thing is called?

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    What's that?