Érick Gutiérrez @ PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Mwah, no.
    Cocu was a very cautious coach who hardly gave young talents any chance and was very defensive minded.
    Mark van Bommel is far more adventurous minded, so attacking is more on his mind and he's far more willing to let talents get into the team.
    For instance Guti has the tendency to drop back, while MvB wants him to push up more to the front. He's adapting to this different demand on him and it requires Guti to leave his comfort zone.

Jesús Narciso and beat junky repped this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    And yet Cocu had way more success imo. MvB CL was embarrassing especially considering what AJAX has done. Cocu CL was a really good showing only losing in penalties to eventual finalists. MvB CL management was naive and total failure.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  3. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Then they should have signed Victor Guzman instead.

LGRod, DankYummy and beat junky repped this.
  4. Man, are you serious? Have you forgotten what clubs were in the PSV group compared to Ajax?

5. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Do you remember..., Cocu took down ManU and took runners up to pens. PSV group was tough but results still embarassing only an idiot would try to attack that group as you said, MvB prefers youth and attacking. I'm calling that naive and his teams suffered for it.

6. The Ajax team was younger than the PSV one this CL run. However you conveniently forget Ajax met a Bayern on the down turn in the period they played them, as was the case with Real Madrid.
    Both Ten Hag and Mark van Bommel (as with Peter Bosz) are coaches that have the same philosophy. So if you call MvB naive, while upping Ajax, you have to realise they play the same.

Jesús Narciso repped this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    This is not really about AJAX, more about MvB being a worse coach than Cocu imo.

But I will entertain your premise. Tell me, how many 75-90 million dollar players PSV is selling to Barca? Z E R O is the answer meanwhile, AJAX has one and possible anotehr for a big price tag as well. Only a naive idiot would play a system with lesser talent in key positions required for said system. That's my point about difference between MvB and Cocu.

LaMascara repped this.
  8. Sorry, but the young ones he played on those spots are considered the best talents in the Netherlands at the moment. Orange coach Koeman is keen to prevent Ihattaren to choose for Morocco and Sadilek is on the Czech national team selection.

9. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

10. Ayayay, Chucky didnot have his visor on target. He missed chances he normally scores wity his eyes closed. The other strikers tried to copy him in missing chances. Almost cost them the victory.

LGRod and Puma76 repped this.
  11. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    TGO, Kaney, Saldgotti1991 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. I think it's time for Mark van Bommel to make room for Guti the next match
    upload_2019-4-18_21-54-50.png
    I think he can put the ball behind the ADO defense in the transition from defense to attack. Faster penetration is needed.

13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Amen broder.

From your mouth to Gods ears.

Neymadres and AMLO2018 repped this.
  14. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    InB4 "That's what she said"
    InB4 en la cueva

15. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Hopefully...

I still think he's a better passer than most of psv' s midfield.

Neymadres, LGRod, Kaney and 1 other person repped this.
  16. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Agreed broder.

@feyenoordsoccerfan get your contacts over at PSV to get this through MvB's thick skull.

Neymadres, Kaney and LaMascara repped this.
  17. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would be surprised if van bommel continues to next season, but I hope he finds room for both Pereiro and guti in the line up.

18. Mark van Bommel is undisputed at PSV.

19. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Dang. Already making commercials with the GOAT.

Neymadres, LGRod, Kaney and 1 other person repped this.
  20. ShockMaster

ShockMaster Member

Oct 26, 2013
    IN THA 6
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    Yea, Messi and Salah should be thankful to be in the presence of greatness

21. Yeah, thanks to me my little 3 year old niece asks who are those next to Chucky:ROFLMAO:

22. PSV met vier spitsen op jacht naar zege én goals tegen ADO

PSV with 4 strikers hunting for victory and goals

upload_2019-4-21_16-22-4.png

23. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wow what an ass move by bergwijn...Chucky wide open and he decides to take on three guys..

LGRod repped this.
  24. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    68th min and the fans are singing for Guti to come on the pitch...this has been going on for like 5 mins now...the fans are asking for him.

ShockMaster, Otaku, SGuerrilla and 5 others repped this.
  25. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1120013360572051458 is not a valid tweet id