¿How many montenegrians are in the SM squad?

Discussion in 'Serbia & Montenegro' started by JAIME CHILE, Apr 30, 2006.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hi everybody!

I would to know how many montenegrian players are in the Serbia&Montenegro national team.

I was searching, and I've found only 2: Dragoslav Jevric (Berane) and Simon Vukcevic (Podgorica).

I'm right or wrong? there are another montenegrians in the SM squad?

Thanks and greetings!

2. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Simon Vukcevic is not really a full-time NT player. He's only played 2-3 games, and is mostly used in the U-21 squad. Same goes for Mirko Vucinic, who is also Montenegrin.

Dragoslav Jevric is the only standard NT player that is from Montenegro, I think.

Some good young Montenegrin players are the aforementioned Vucinic and Vukcevic, as well as Burzanovic and Purovic.

If Montenegro gains independence from Serbia, their NT would be probably stronger than of any other counrty's NT that has roughly the same population (about 600,000).

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Thank you very much Serb!

About the old players, I know Dejan Savicevic is montenegrin, but I don't know about other montenegrins.

4. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Predrag Mijatovic was from Montenegro.

Not sure about others.I know there are probably some that have Montenegrin roots, but were born in Serbia, and count as Serbs.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yes, I forgot Pedja, you're right.

Thans again Serb!!

6. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    No problem.

7. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    You seem very confident that people with Montenegrin roots born in Serbia will count as Serbs. However, in another thread, someone said that 32% of the people in Montenegro are Serbs. Now I'm not sure if he was suggesting that the 32% would now become Serbian citizens, rather than citizens of Montenegro, but surely there will be some period where everyone would have to choose which country they want to go with. That was what happened in the break up of the former USSR where, for example, there were Russians all over the place in various republics and they could either choose to take up citizenship of the republic they were living in or go back and be Russian citizens.

I would think a lot of Montenegrins living in Serbia would choose to now take up Montenegrin citizenship and vice versa for Serbs in Montenegro, but others may choose to stay with where they live. Surely they would have a choice?

By the way, what about Serbs born in Australia (e.g. Ivan Ergic)? ;)

8. mrliioadin

mrliioadin New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Hagerstown, MD
    Once upon a day of boredom at work I looked through the fifa laws on player eligibility...

in the case of a split up as i remember it, most players have a choice as to which nation they wish to be a part of.

If I'm wrong about this, players that are born in montenegro but have serbian roots would still be eligible for both nations.

As for the player in Australia, I guess it would depend on whether or not he's ever played any senior matches for any nation. If not he should have plenty of choice where he wants to declare. I'm sorry that I don't know more about that players situation.

9. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    I'm not very confident of anything, I'm just saying that many people born an draised in Serbia with montenegrin roots consider themselves serbians, which is true.

10. Nikola_BN

Nikola_BN New Member

May 28, 2006
    People that live in montenegro are mostly Serbs. Every player in S&M will first try to play for Serbia. Vucinic is Serb, like Jevric, Vucinic, Vukcevic so ther is non Monetegrin in S&M squad, only Serbs from Montenegro.

11. football_addict

football_addict New Member

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    How do you know they are all Serbs?

P.S.
    Is there any Serb in Bosnian team?

12. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not that it makes any difference whatsoever to me, but I heard the other day that Dado Prso (in the Croatian team) is an "ethnic Serb".

13. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Yeah, he is.

14. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    What about Vidic? Vukcevic should be a full time player he is quality!