¤ Chivas- America... (Before/During/ After) [R] ¤

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Makaveli 13, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    what are you talking about.... there was even a hand ball that should have counted against us (ill take it, but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth)....

aside from the goal... i think it was bofo who had 2 open goals and shanked them.... the rest of the match.... we did not attack

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    that pitch is always in great shape...

my respects to Azteca's ground crew...... there are anywhere from 3-6 matches at Azteca a week there... and they do a superb job keeping the field nice

3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i wonder how much money ochoa makes

4. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    your all opinion, to some americanistas like you and aguilas that goal was a fluke, to others it was a beautiful , powerful, accurate blast.

where the hell do you get the 99% possesion, i know your not comparing it to tonights game , id say it was 60-40 , only because the first half was totally america's where they mainly had most of their shots and chances.

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    a stadium with its history has to always look nice :)

6. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    how does this relate to (edit*) Argentina's posession and goal options ?

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    when a team truly dominates another team from an attacking perspective...it not only scores, but creates its chances on a tactical and skill level. Setting give and goes, screen passes, back door crosses, nuetralizing the offside trap, one touch passes etc.....so i cant say we truly dominated because we didnt score more goals than CHivas... but we did dominate because we were able to penetrate at will....

PKs, free kicks, cornker kicks, hail mary shots, owngoals, looseballs, non-targeted crosses are legal and valid. I never said you cant win with those... BUT.... that is depending on an error, not on your skill..... All goals come from an error os some sort.... BUT... there is a difference between scoring off a physical error and scoring by making the other team commit tactical and strategic errors.... it is more gratifying when you win (at least for me) when you score off a team who commits tactical errors because you are imposing your dominance

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Couple things

1) I thought America played better but it didn´t dominate. Chivas played well at times and had their chances. Both teams even had two wide open misses (Villa and Alfaro).

2) After today´s game their is no argument for me that Ochoa should be the second keeper of the tri over Moises Muñoz. He is just clearly better than him.

3) Televisa´s stupid angles screwed up Claudio Lopez´s goal. They had done something similiar with a play and I thought that it was stupid and they were going to screw up and lo and behold they did. Also somebody should tell them that Orvañanos is a lot better announcer than Javier Alarcon. Alarcon has been trying to go with the big leagues (he also did the Mex-CR game) but he should just step back to raul. And again with the stupid Big Brother thing.

4) Palencia really steps up in the big games. He did it with Cruz Azul in Libertadores (his last goal remindend me of the one against Central in Rosario) and at times with Chivas which is weird because he could never step up with the Tri.

9. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    funny how many are saying the player of the game is ochoa which recieved 3 goals. you know how that happens is when your defense sucks :(
    ortiz should have started. america should get salcido

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    dude, lets hook up, i am going as well!!!

11. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man what a game damn shame we can't finish these games. I could of sworn that America was heading to a nasty blow out. Sucks that Reynoso shot went in. Change the face of the game. America had Chivas by the balls. This one should not of been close. Davino is slipping big time. Always has a decent tackle and then loses his man 3 or 4 times. Nice to see Piojo really adjusting to playing with America. I think last season he was out of shape. No one seems to breathe harder than him. Kelber Boas is the ********ing sh!t! Chivas played subpar considering how well then have been playing in the Copa and League. Thanks to a 1 and 100 hundred shot they were able to tie.

Ooh yeah one more thing, Memo is the future. Glad he proved me right. :D

12. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    America had that game, they shouldve won :p

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Hey folks!

I'm getting a little worried here...

Everyone has been so busy with the analysis of the match no one has noticed that Various Styles has gone missing.

It's been well over 5 hours since the game ended and still no word from him so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

[​IMG]

14. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I too thought that was a red card and was surprised when alcala pulled out the yellow.

When the match was getting close to ending, I was wishing there was some way they could continue playing another 20 minutes or so, because I know either of the two teams would have put in the game winning goal.

Best Clasico I have seen in years...

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this pisses me off. I set up the pvr to record this match, and I guess I chose the wrong Univision, because when I looked at the match I got some stupid singing talent show or something.

good game heh?

16. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    I thought it was a winnable game for America,was I disappointed with the outcome?Of course,I think America's back line gave up to many shots on goal from long distances including the first one that got past Memo Ochoa.But it was an exciting game.

17. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    That game was ********en cool i still wish America would have won though........

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    someone no los tiene que pagar! pumas 0-4america :D

19. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    ¤ I was gonna say that...americaca didnt dominate...in the first half pretty much yes but in the 2nd half cambio..americagon is still stuck in their mala racha de jugar un tiempo bueno..y el otro malo/mas bajo de ritmo....

it coulda' been CHIVAS 4-3 americacrap at the last minute by the Palencia' header but ochoa salvo el amierdica...but hey..P!nche golasso !! de REynoso :D ¤

20. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    That game was awesome. The first half felt like a dream. I was sitting above the Monumental but the whole stadium was yellow anyways. That whole myth about Chivas having more fans in el DF is bullshyt. It wasn't even close, there were way way more America fans on the streets and in the stadium it was incredible. I'll post my pictures when i get the film developed.

21. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    A very good classico indeed, especially for Chiva fans. I can see how the draw leaves Americanistas with a sour taste in their mouth. Losing a two goal lead can only taste bitter. The first minutes of the match America was putting on a clinic, keepaway 101. My beloved goats were chasing after the ball and that second gem by Blanco, emberrasing. After that second goal i thought it was over, especially since that goal was scored right after a very clear penalty commited on Bautista was not awarded. These type of situations can make or break a team. Chivas however with "mas ganas que futbol" managed to pull one in before halftime, which had they not scored could have also made things very difficult for them. Reynosos Golaso was indeed a moral booster and imho goal of the match.

In the second half we see Americas "papa" el Gatillero Palecncia score his 100th league goal in grandios fashion, in a classico at Azteca, brilliant. Piojos goal was also a thing of beauty, i would love to see Pardo give those type of passes with the National team. However Palencia was not done and tied the match once again. Sure made me glad he wasnt sent to Chivas USA, now if Paco can only keep up this level throught Libertadores. And finally Memo Ochoa showed why he is the most promising young keeper in the MFL, in the classico he went head up against Oswaldo and stole the show. It will be great to see him go through the process : Olympics, Copa de Oro, Copa America and Eliminatorias and finally in the starting eleven for the South Africa World Cup. . Speaking of neuberts i was glad to see Chivas third goal was a pass from Jhonny Magallon who made his debute for Chivas..

22. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Wow, that was a great game for the neutral.

For Chivas fans at least we can be happy we came from behind in such a fashion when things looked so bleak twice.

The garra cannot be denied.

Agree with most of what VS said.

Sanchez was rusty and it showed, especially on the first goal it went thru his hands, it was saveable.

Ochoa played great, yesterday I saw why you Americanistas cream your pants over him so much.

23. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Please do when you get a chance.

24. chiva's blood

chiva's blood New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    couldda, shouldda wouldda does't count **************!

25. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Agreed, damn ball went right through his hands.. I also think he could of done a better job against Temoc, he dove too soon reminded me of him flopping around Adriano in Copa America. Oswalsdo better get his sh't straight being that the Wolrdo Cup is around the corner and allready he has two promising young keepers on his arse..