¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    They really haven’t. I guess we’re watching different games. At least up to the point of my post. Giving up possession poorly, bad defenisive positioning, lacklustre finishing. Haven’t watched after my post though.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I was kinda watching it in the background just focusing on Jovic but it seemed to be mostly Germany on the ball and they looked pretty damn good tbh

3. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Yeo, definitely watching different games. Having possession doesn’t equate being “pretty damned good”. Most importantly though, who cares. Haha. As long as Ter Stegen was good and our potential target Jovic picked up a goal I’m good.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    For a new group of younger players they played some nice football ...

5. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Again, I disagree. Some posters on the Madrid forum seem to confirm those sentiments. But, to reiterate, it doesn’t matter. We can just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I just saw the elbow Bale landed on the Celta defender in the 45th minute (when it was still 0-0). Should've been a red!

In the end, Madrid needed a lucky call to beat Vigo at home.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Last Friday La Liga released the time and dates for Jornadas 29-32.
    As often the case, Real Madrid have a problem with the scheduling:

J29 : Sunday 31 March (H) Huesca 20:45
    J30 : Wednesday 3 April (A) Valencia 21:30
    J31 : Saturday 6 April (H) Eibar 16:15
    J32 : Monday 15 April (A) Leganés 21:00

Newspaper ABC quotes a Real Madrid source...
    "We think it's a bit of an absurdity to play on Monday but we do not consider ourselves more or less than the rest of the 19 clubs of the Primera and we abide by the date scheduled by La Liga.
    If we are to play on a Monday the most reasonable thing would have been to have it against Éibar. The match against Valencia is at 9:30 pm on Wednesday and that of Éibar at 4:15 pm on Saturday. It's unjustifiable."

https://www.abc.es/deportes/real-ma...tml#vca=rrss&vmc=abc-es&vso=tw&vli=cm-general

Tbf, many clubs have complained about having to play on Monday.
    The last time LPB played on a Monday was the famous Manita on November 29, 2010. The fixture was moved back from Sunday the 28th due to the match taking place at Camp Nou during the Catalan elections.
    The league will do away with Monday Liga fixtures beginning next season.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What do RM care about Liga dates?

They will end up in top 4, win nothing anyway, and are out of every cup already. This is just an early phase of their pre-season.

unclesox repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good news. I don't like those made-for-TV kickoff times..

10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I remember a time when Scotland actually produced quality players and achieved decent results.
    I mean, what has happened to them? Disappointing to see.

11. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cristiano receives same punishment from UEFA that Simeone received: €20,000 fine, no suspension.

12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    few of you here were screaming that A Madrid should of had a pen sorry ref got it right no pen fast forward to 11:44 and pause it frame by frame

13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sevilla hosting Schalke in the Trofeo Antonio Puerta.
    Puerta famously scored an extra-time winner against Schalke in the 2006 UEFA Cup semi-finals that set in motion Sevilla's dominance of that tournament the next few years.
    Just over a year later he tragically collapsed during a Liga match against Getafe and later died.

Gilmango repped this.
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Don't you find it a bit awkward posting in a thread with "Hala Juve" in the title? :coffee:

unclesox repped this.
  15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So why was Messi playing in this Argentinean team with a bunch of nobodies? Even for a friendly it was a bunch of farmers to me.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    lol That's what the first-choice XI has become for Argentina. A bunch of those guys would've started even if it wasn't a friendly.

17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Messi actually shone in this game.....and he is coming back to Barca (not playing the 2nd friendly).

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well ... can't keep going with the same old.

That PK whistled for Venezuela ... holy crap, what a travesty.

Also a bit funny Messi and Ronaldo coming back for NTs on the same day / round of friendlies.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not a friendly in Portugal's case.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. Forgot about it.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Line of the night:
    Cristiano Ronaldo would rather wear a brown papar bag over his head for the rest of his life than play for Jose Mourinho again.” - Gab Marcotti

:D

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’d be happy with that ..

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Question is, is it because he is injured or was the plan always that he would only play the game in Madrid and return to BCN?

24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before the first friendly, the coach said that Messi was a bit fatigued and that NT and Barca both had to keep him fresh, but after the game it was said that he injured his pelvis or groin. It is possible that they have to call it an injury when really he was planned to rest, due to the contracts which are signed to host these friendlies. Long story short, it seems to be more of a precaution and he should be fine to play for Barca:
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...-absence-from-argentina-squad-is-a-precaution

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Better be that.

Messi had an injury layoff early in the season and another small one recently. Considering he is not the hardest worker out there on the field, it seems like stamina is definitely a weakness.