¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I bit and you reeled me in. lol :ROFLMAO:

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With Holland's win over France, Germany has been relegated in the Nations League.

BocaFan repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They were talking. Everything else may be speculation :D

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #729 Jpows, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    I have spoken about Frenkie de Jong here on several occasions. I have talked about him playing at a consistently high level no matter the platform. On Friday he showed his class again vs France, the world champions. He did it by dominating the midfield and Kanté in particular. This kid is legit. Barcelona would do well to secure him. Dat pass at 1:48. Absolute class and ability.

Also noteworthy is the fact that de Ligt also had an outstanding game. Even keeping up with M’Bappe in a footrace and dispossessing him. Not to mention keeping a cleansheet against them. Of course, having van Dijk as a partner helps. Ajax have struck gold with these two.

1063674555796021248 is not a valid tweet id

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Would he be good for Busquets position or more advanced ?

6. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    On Friday he played the Busquets position, as requested by Koeman, and he does it well. Especially because he has often been fielded as a make-shift CB at Ajax. As can be seen in the videoclip, he can tackle really well, is physically strong, and can pick out a great pass. His ability to read the game and anticipate a pass allows him to cut out passing lanes and get possession back quickly.

He naturally tends to drift forward though cause he has the ability to “ghost” past players or make these forward rushes with the ball and has a knack for making defense splitting passes in the final third. He’s a special talent imo.

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#732 Forzabarca, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
    Croatia 15min away from advancement in UNL.

Oops I pulled a celito!!

celito repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good job !!!

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Croatia were never as good as being wc finalists suggested

Then again England would not have been great finalists either...Pekerman truly screwed up a golden chance for Colombia.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We all know the real tournament was on one side of the bracket . After Spain an md Germany flaked out it was all about France , Brazil and Belgium .

unclesox, ShortyMac and condor11 repped this.
  11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    sigh yeah...which makes Modric winning his award a travesty, yeah I said it haha

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Crazy match b/w Switzerland and Belgium! The Swiss needed to win and get a better result than 2-1 to win the head-to-head tiebreaker and advance to the NL finals. So when the Belgians took an early 0-2 lead it meant they had 2 away goals and the Swiss needed to score 4! Which of course they did! And even added a fifth. Nice goals too, especially with Courtois in goal for Belgium! :sneaky:

So Switzerland joins Portugal and England in the Final 4 championship. The last spot will go to Holland if they can grab a point in Schalke tomorrow, else it will be France. Germany already relegated so not much to play for,although they will earn a top seed in the Euro qualifying draw if they beat the Dutch..

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Tiny Kosovo 45 minutes away from entering the 4-team League D playoff for which a spot at Euro 2020 is reserved for the winner.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar and Mbappe injured.

PSG are foked in the CL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    My TV broke and I got stuck in an elevator today. Its still been a good day all things considered. :whistling:

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  18. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I think PSG still makes it because they have a game left against Red Star. Just a tie against Liverpool at home almost guarantees them to go through because they have the best goal differential.

19. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    So ramos used steroids during ucl finals. Im surexmany rm players did that too, not only ramos

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  20. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Meh ... I read some of the details and it seems pretty weak. Not reporting an anti-inflammatory drug which if declared before hand they have no problem with ? Hate to say it, but seems like non-news unless I see more info.

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Or its doping in its clearast form. Its not amateurs you speak of. Irregularities.. if you're honest and clean, these irregularities would never happen. It's like the world has gone mad, call everything fake news and it becomes fake news. Best way to get away with shit. LPB Franco style!

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No it's not calling everything fake news. It's taking the time to read the article instead of just the head line and forming an opinion. I guess I can call you a sheep for believing everything you read and jumping to conclusions if it fits your agenda.

Example ... first line of the article:

"Do anti-doping rules apply equally to all players and teams? After Real Madrid won the Champions League in 2017, Sergio Ramos was tested for a substance prohibited in competition and caught the eye of inspectors. "

Later in the article:

"WADA has established clear rules for the use of dexamethasone. Its administration is allowed prior to matches. But it is mandatory that such an administration be reported by the team doctor in the course of a doping test. "

Anybody who doesn't read the whole thing already assumes he took some sort of banned PED.

"It was merely noted that the Real Madrid defender had received an intra-articular injection on the day before the final of a different medication: Celestone Chronodose. He had received 1.2 milliliters of the stuff in his shoulder and another injection of the same dose in his knee. Like dexamethasone, Celestone Chronodose, better known as betamethasone, is a glucocorticoid and also has an anti-inflammatory effect. And it, too, is on the WADA list of banned substances."

So basically they reported something similar that is also OK if it's declared before hand.

evil_allan repped this.
  24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

But they didn't declare it, did they?

Also not leaving sample before a shower? Why not?

Two clear breaches, if it was a Russian player he'd be crusified already and banned.

puyol repped this.
  25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest