¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Looks like Chelsea are close to buying Arrizabalaga from Bilbao for Euro 80 million, which would mean Courtois is off to LPB for sure!

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Weren't LPB going for Kepa last season until Zidane vetoed it? They were going to sign him for free then Zidane said no... Would it have had anything to do with the fact that his son was one of their keepers as well? That is when Kepa got fed up and signed a new contract with a higher release clause.

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real was going to sign Kepa for about 20M midseason, ZZ did veto it, yes, we all joked about how it would push his son from 3rd to 4th string. Now they have Courtois on strike at Chelsea but found a nice solution in sending their own on-strike Kovacic to Chelsea on loan with a buy option, to ease the Chelsea pain in losing Courtois, Real gets Courtois, and ManU has more money on hand (due to borrowing K now, paying later to keep him) to fund Kepa for more than they would have paid for Allison but they balked at Allison's fee.

Meanwhile Keylor is stuck as a back up? That's rude but OK.

The human upside is that Courtois's former partner and two kids still reside in Madrid (he was on loan at Atletico for 3 years which is when they met) so he is at least closer to his kids, albeit for the evil empire.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Helmond Cup update:

Standard Liège 2-2 Ajax Amsterdam

Next:
    Saturday 11 August
    Eredivisie, Speelronde 1
    Ajax Amsterdam -v- Heracles Almelo

celito repped this.
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pretty much. Too bad for him he's not Spanish or even European else he'd have that position locked-down for the next 5 years for sure.

He should demand a transfer away from Madrid ASAP.

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ooooops :ROFLMAO:

Gilmango repped this.
  8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Navas was fine tbh. LPB didn’t even need Courtois.

evil_allan repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    World class keeper for the better part of the next decade for Euro 40mn in this market? Its a no brainer.
    Navas is pretty good right now, but could go on the decline at any time.

10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good long-term move by RM.

Don't they understand how much they would benefit from signing a goal-scorer?

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Guess the question is, who? I think LPB are ok upfront. Between Bale, Asensio and Isco they could easily score as much as Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema scored last season in the league. CL is another story tho...

13. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lol and Chelsea signing Kepa for a higher price is dumb af. Kepa isn’t a special Goalie at all.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's what happens when teams get desperate. Happened to Barca last summer when they blew two-thirds of the Neymar money on an unproven player.

For Chelsea their backup is Willy Caballero so they needed somebody.

15. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope Dembele turns out to be really good. Btw is Kepa good with his feet otherwise the club wouldn’t have gone with him. In lot of ways Courtois departure can be good for Sarri’s Chelsea since Courtois is pathetic ball distributor. It’s like how Cruyff kicked out Zubi to fit our system.

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bale and Benzema were just minions controlled by Ronaldo. Now they’re free and can do better.

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bale's best ever Liga tally is 19. Isco's best is 10. Asensio 6. Benzema 24 (but in his 9 seasons, he has scored 20 goals only twice). Cristiano played 9 seasons, smacking Liga goals: 26, 40, 46, 34, 31, 48, 35, 25 and 26.

The world is full of attackers. To me, they're betting that their current attackers will step it up so much that they can afford to lose their best attacker and not sign anyone, and still improve from the last season (like, challenge for Liga).

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, but its the goal tally of the last two seasons by Ronaldo (bolded above) which I think is very attainable for Bale if he stays healthy. Especially since some of those were PKs.

But yeah.. .nobody will fill 2012 Ronaldo's boots, nor 2016-18 CL Ronaldo who scored about 3 goals every 2 matches.

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't know. Perhaps, just maybe, if he stays fit (which he likely won't). And indeed in CL he scored left and right. To me, they're saving money at a wrong spot.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nikola Kalinic goes to Atletico from Milan.

Atleti is going to have some serious depth this season. Granted he didn't have a good season at Milan but the environment sucked by all accounts. If he can get back to his Fiorentina / Croatia NT form its a good addition.

21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be a little surprised if Real Madrid don't sign at least 1 forward, I know it is late in the transfer window and it will be hard to sign someone from EPL now that they cannot seek and register a replacement, but there are plenty of other good leagues which can sell and also buy including La Liga.

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Rumour about Thiago and LPB having an agreement. WTF! Disaster!

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Isn't he kind of expensive to ride the bench? That deal would make no sense!

24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

If he ends up going to LPB I hope he's not even on the bench but on the stands or rehab.

25. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i'm happy with Arthur.

BocaFan and Gilmango repped this.