¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    "We should have bought that entire squad along with Klopp five years ago when they were cheap."

2. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Beside the great Liverpool team, PL teams this season are not really good enough. Man city is at #2 position but only with 48 points.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I feel City are good enough. Just obviously more beatable than last season. Last season it seemed like they would only lose if they were extremely unlucky. This season they are deservedly getting beaten (or drawn) by some teams.

Meanwhile, Liverpool can be extremely unlucky in a match and still win by 2 goals. Yesterday being a prime example. Scary!

ShortyMac repped this.
  4. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were definitely beatable yesterday. Man U was not clinical in front of goal at all.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Still out-chanced Man Utd 16-5. When you think of Henderson hitting the post, the 2 disallowed goals and Salah and Mane both missing point-blank chances, could've still easily finished 6-1.

Although, technically I guess its not "unlucky" if you miss a sitter or if the opponent gifts you a goal only for it to be waved off.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Florentino clearly over compensating after missing on Neymar years ago ...

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Elche were leading Bilbao 3-1 on penalties after 3 kicks each, but couldn't convert either of their last 2 while Atletic converted both. The Bilbao keeper was a good 5 yards off his line on the second miss, with the linesman just standing there like a lemon.

Bilbao eventually win 5-4 on pks.

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was super annoying to follow as most of the streamers had started showing other games, finally got a stream working and it froze just before PKs, so I followed along with just commentary, getting excited for Elche as they went up 3-1. Did not know the keeper was leaving his line, sounded like just an extreme choke job in the commentary.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pretty much. The 4th & 7th takers definitely choked. Totally scuffed their shots. The one where the keeper cheated ...well, it is difficult to score a PK when the keeper is literally halfway between you and the goal-line. Not much to shoot at.

Gilmango repped this.
  10. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    This edition of City seems the result of a combo of burn out and perhaps a mandate from the Etihad owners to win CL.

Klopp and co. though are extremely scary. I...hold the g-dang lead...ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Sorry, some traumatic episodes from last year, still tryna shake it off.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Loving this new Copa del Rey format. Now I can just look to see which lower division side is on the cusp of maybe pulling off an upset and tune-in to that match.

Just turned on to see tiny Badalona playing Granada. The former is hovering just above the relegation zone in the 3rd flight. Its 1-1, 82 minutes in on a water-logged pitch.

Edit: Switching over to the Canary Islands as Tenerife just scored to take the lead over Valladolid.

Gilmango repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At this point, is it even worth pointing-out that Man Utd lost at home to a team like Burnley? Somehow they are still in 5th place though.

Meanwhile, Liverpool play 3 times before Man City play again. Could stretch their lead to 22 points above second place! :eek:

ShortyMac repped this.
  13. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe Mourinho is done at top level. Apparently Spurs players aren’t really happy. Once known for his flexibility as a manager and now he is still stuck with old school tactics. Not good and this dude should’ve taken a long ass sabbatical

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did I wake up in 2022 ?

15. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You did

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Btw am I an idiot for buying FIFA 20? I love football so much and I still bought it despite the flaws

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I still think Spurs finish 4th and go to CL. I know... no Harry Kane. But his positive impact on that team is a bit overrated IMO. Plus Chelsea lack a reliable striker as well and couldn't string 2 wins together if their lives depended on it.

18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Harry Kane is just modern version of Alan Shearer. I don’t find him very impressive

19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also why are everyone hyping Jadon Sancho? What’s so great about him. Are people fooled by his FIFA 20 rating or something lol

20. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    this was the my first time not buying the new FIFA.
    still enjoying FIFA19. might give PES a try.

21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mirandés vs Celta de Vigo
    hosts just took lead 2-1 in extra time after Rafinha lost the ball and tackled the player he lost it to, red carded but PK saved, only for Mirandes to score from open play

22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4547 Gilmango, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Rayo and Betis in PKs right now

Rayo through, Tello was the 2nd Betis player to sky one over, Alena made his.

ShortyMac repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Atletico out.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, he is English and that always helps build hype. But he looks like the real deal.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So after very little success for lower-division sides in the Copa del Rey this round (just 2 wins in the first 12 matches), they win the last 4 games of this round! 2 third-division sides, 4 second division and 10 la liga teams make-up the round of 16.

That means 6 of the 8 matches in the next round will be a lower-division team hosting a La Liga team. For Barca, I think that means:
    - 60% chance they draw a lower division team;
    - 20% chance that they host another La Liga team;
    - 4% chance they draw Real Madrid

:geek:

Gilmango and ShortyMac repped this.