¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #2976 JoCryuff98, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    You sound like those Madrid fanboys from LPB forums. Are you a Madrid fanboy posing as a Barca fan here? You’re regurgitating the same argument used by those clowns. Pep might be a bit overrated, but your logic is flawed. According to your shitty logic, peak Carlo Ancelotti and Arrigo Sacchi were garbage coaches considering they only managed big teams. Winning titles with only big clubs doesn’t change the fact that he’s one of the best manager there is. Brian Clough who won 2 UCLs with a small team isn’t considered the best manager of all time by the consensus at all. He’s not even considered to be above Ferguson who’s overhyped by many people due to that same “Managing a weak squad and making them successful” gibberish even though Fergie actually did have a decent squad. I guess you believe Claudio Ranieri is a better coach than Pep, right?:ROFLMAO:

unclesox repped this.
  2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/16/barcelona-tito-vilanova-pep-guardiola

"He visited me once in New York when I'd just arrived, but during my recovery from the operation I was there for two months and I didn't see him. He's my friend and I needed him, but he wasn't there for me. I would have done things differently. I won't say anything else about this."

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2973649/amp/Manchester-United-job-offer-led-Pep-Guardiola-Tito-Vilanova-falling-former-Barcelona-boss-Charly-Rexach-says.html

Petty Pep, putting himself first, ignoring others. But let me guess, fake news huh?

I guess lot of people live under a rock or their heads so far up Peps ass that they can't see or think clearly. Pep won Barca the treble and revolutionized Barça and therefore he's a Saint and we should forever and ever idolize him. Grow up and move on and think for yourselves or you'll end up ruining the world with your blind faith and obsession.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#2978 Forzabarca, May 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
    You mad or something bro? Don't get pathetic. Why should I love and idolize Pep? I'm not allowed to dislike someone? Is that it? I have to prove scientific data and fact for why I dislike Pep?

Who the ******** do you think you are? Judge Judy?

4. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I never asked you to idolize Pep. But you’re hypocritical for liking Maradona who has done some nasty stuff compared to Guardiola.

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yaya did, Ibra didn't but they were so stupid they swapped Eto'o for him. Pep was a part of it, he disliked Eto'o and got an even worse one, he could have veto it but he was so keen on getting rid of Eto'o and it backfired in his face.

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yaya never did. He doesn’t fit our style at all

7. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes fake news. I’m not gonna believe that nonsense you just posted considering media twists everything.

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I guess you're the kind that thinks the holocaust never happened? or that climate change is a myth? or that Argentina never beat Netherlands in 1978?

9. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stupid analogy. You’re one of those gullible morons who believe everything spewed out from Guardian. I don’t wanna waste my time with a hypocrite

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

LOL! [emoji23] Impressive, very impressive.

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    https://www.mundodeportivo.com/2013...uardiola-se-ven-en-barcelona_54391505207.html
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/news/story/_/id/1590451/pep-guardiola-visits-tito-vilanova-barcelona

Per MD, the 3 hour meeting took place at Guardiola's home. So despite the quote you posted Tito was willing to meet up with Pep after the fact. I'm guessing they parted on good terms.

Probably time to let it go, @Forzabarca.

condor11 repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yes probably to tell Pep to get a spine. I prefer a quote form Tito himself than a alleged reconciliation by MD.

Probably you lot who need to accept the fact that not everyone thinks like you or likes players or coaches like you. It's those exact same things that makes Lucho/Valverde belive so blindly in Shitmes and Craperto whereas another coach wouldn't even have then on the bench.

13. Spinp

Spinp Member

May 8, 2019
    The fact that Roberto has managed to stay at right back for a number of seasons now is clear evidence that the people in charge at Barca are not up to it. How managers at the highest level believe that Roberto is good enough at right back is genuinely bewildering.

Danko repped this.
  14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Tito's quote was only reported by AS, a pro-LPB rag.
    But you'll believe that story over one reported by a Catalan paper.
    Whatever fits your agenda, eh?

15. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Problem with our squad is that while we don't have any huge glaring weaknesses we have a lot of regulars who could be upgraded. Apart from Messi, Pique, Alba, and MATS every other player on our squad could be replaced by a clearly better one IMO. Not saying it's feasible to get such transfers but just saying... other teams have players better than us in a lot of positions. Doesn't mean that our guys are bad but the general quality of our team has deteriorated over the years. Busquets and Rakitic while not average players by any stretch are in significant decline compared to a few years back. Lenglet and Semedo are good but not quite the highest level. Suarez is a shell of himself. Vidal as well. Arthur has potential but he's still young. Roberto just isn't good enough.

Solely blaming Valverde is one thing that puzzles me with fans. This team has had a bad run of results in the CL including multiple collapses in away fixtures going back to 2017. 0-4 @psg (worst version of PSG too...) 0-3@Juve 0-3@Roma... This year is just more bad because it came in the 2nd leg after we took a 3-0 lead but it doesn't matter. If the 1st leg was in Anfield and we got hammered 0-4 and then came home and won 3-0 I'd still be damn disappointed all the same. But talking about choking blah blah blah is false narrative. Our team just isn't good enough. If you're getting hammered every single year sometimes in the 2nd leg but sometime in the 1st leg by a variety of teams (the count is four right now), it's not about mentality. The board and the fans need to realize that this squad is not good enough.

afar and TitoTata repped this.
  16. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All it takes is one bad night in the Champions League.
    Which is why I value the consistency of league play. "Making the extraordinary seem normal" has resulted in many taking La Liga for granted, which is unfortunate.
    Tough to claim you're the best in Europe if you're not the best domestically.

I'll do it myself, @evil_allan, cuz even I know. :p...

[​IMG]

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    One bad night ?
    There are at least three nights of CL horror that are etched on my mind forever ..

afar and Forzabarca repped this.
  18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Hahaha one bad night.. one! LOL

19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes. Just one bad night can be costly. That's how knockout competitions can go: Steaua 1986. Dundee United 1987. Dynamo Kiev 1992. Milan 1994. Valencia 2000. Getafe 2007. Sevilla 2010. Inter 2010. Chelsea 2012...
    That's why I value the consistency of La Liga the most.

condor11 repped this.
  20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    But we’re now taken as bottlers whereas Liverpool , for example, are seen as comeback kings .. both will effect how other teams play .
    All people know is we crumbled against Roma , Juve and now Liverpool..

21. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Only in the Champions League, which I can live with.
    For me, all of those pale in comparison to how the team bottled the 2006-07 Liga campaign.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Liverpool and Spurs proof that they're a strong team by winning domestic titles right? Wait, when the last time that happened...

23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The only good thing about an all-Premier League UCL final is that the Copa Libertadores winner will actually have a chance to win the Club World Cup...... providing they can get past the Asian or African champions. [emoji23]

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    <<<====== :sneaky: