¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I mentioned league achievement because while Pep hasnt win another CL since he left Barca, Mou hasnt win another CL either since 2010. However, Pep won many league titles with Bayern and City while Mou only won 2 league titles since then. If you're talking about $$ team, Mou only won one league title with UEFAdrid. Real Madrid biggest defeat to Barca in last 20+ years was under Mourinho.

unclesox and evil_allan repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How is losing to teams of equal strength flopping ? The way people make conclusions based on CL results has frankly reached high levels of idiocy.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yes and that's why I love him. Pep made a mistake in getting rid of him for Ibra. Let's put it this way Pep is a coward and can't handle bigger personalities than him. Also Pep if he'd have more faith in Yaya, and Eto'o he'd win back to back CL with Barca but he's ego and hollier than tou attitude cost him and Barca imo.

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well cause the way he lost I guess, it wasn't 1-0 or 2-1 losses was it?

If Pep would murder a child (which he has supported indirectly, knowing where his salery comes from) people still defend him. Get your heads out and smell the fresh air that isn't Pep.

Let me see Pep win PL with Leicester or Everton. His philosophy doesn't have what it takes to win titles with average players. He needs the best of the best. Simple as! Barca Bayern and City, please gimme a break. It's not like City had zero titles before him.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only time he got hammered with Bayern was vs Madrid. vs Barca he was missing half the team. I don't know what you're looking at.

At Man City, he got hammered vs Liverpool with at least 3 major calls going against him. You know, those mistakes you were very pissed about a couple of days ago. Mourinho would have stormed into refs locker rooms and create a shit storm in press conf. if that happened to him.

I don't worship Pep. I am just fact checking people who make some claims that are just not that true.

Rattlehead repped this.
  6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So was Liverpool but managed to humiliate Barca in Anfield no? Bayern had enough quality to compete with two squads but flopped. 3-0 against Barca was a hammering so was the 4-0 by LPB. He couldn't even beat Atletico.

Pep time in Bundesliga with an outstanding squad at his disposal was a failure imo. Bayern winning Bundesliga is as easy as Juve winning Serie A.

Also Pep is a coward for not standing up for his staff (Tito) and players during Mourinho era cowering down being afraid to take on Mourinho and LPB letting them assault Barca players left and right. No wonder Ibra called him a pussy. It was due to Pep that Barca didn't take harder action against LPB and Mourinho. Once a coward always a coward. Mr perfect! He even abandoned his friend Tito who was sick in cancer. Pathetic.

Pep is a great coach but that's it.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That Atletico hung with all the best teams. Beat Barca and took Madrid to the limit twice. It's not Pep's fault his players miss PKs either. Winning is part coaching part player executing the plan and plays among other variables.

You're just hating blindly and throwing shit at the wall because you don't like him. Not gonna comment on other off the field issues. That's pointless.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So it's players fault when Pep loses and thanks to him when his teams win? Please!!

And people here are defending him blindly just cause they like him. See what I just did? [emoji23]

9. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    PSG just released a statement regarding Mbappe's ambiguous remarks about his future. "For two years, a strong bond has been formed between PSG and Kylian Mbappe and this story will continue next season"

I mean, if it wasn't already obvious, he was never going to leave PSG until his contract expires most likely. He's French, playing for France's biggest team who don't care about the money cause they swim in it, and he's the centerpiece of the PSG project, plus the sponsors would much rather have him at PSG. He has every reason to stay from a financial perspective, and if PSG have a great summer transfer window, also from a sporting perspective.

I do think he'll end up at Madrid at some point, for a mind-numbing amount of money. He'll smash Neymar's world-record transfer fee by that time. Unless he regresses considerably for whatever reason. Hopefully by that time we will also have our eye on a generational attacking talent. Maybe Felix if he continues developing at the current rate? Who knows.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Lets see if Messi can win the PL with Leicester or Everton. :D

Come on... that argument doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're among the best, you will be part of the best teams.

To me what sells Pep is that no-way would Barca or Man City have been as good as they were without him in charge. That's all you can ask for from a manager IMO. Bayern could've won just as much without Pep, but even that's debatable. They certainly didn't get any better when he left.

And winning 2 CL in 10 or so years is hardly a poor record. If he had 0 then okay. If he had 4, then he would be CL King, even considering the teams he has headed. But 2 is neither great or choking.

(Though I agree the nature in which his clubs lose in CL is a bit eyebrow-raising. Getting smoked 3 (or more?) times against equal-level opponents, and losing a couple times against vastly inferior opposition (Chelsea 2012 :( ). But that's also a bit of the nature of Cup competitions. In the end, all that matters is how many you won, not when or how you lost)

condor11 repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pep makes his mistakes like every coach. But it's the player's job to execute a plan specially if the plan is working tactic wise. If a player makes individual mistakes, offense or defense, you're damn right he deserves blame for it. Klopp's comment about the 1st leg 3 x 0 loss is a perfect example. He couldn't be happier with the performance. He put his players in the position to score. They didn't. Seriously, how is that such a complicated concept to understand ?

The problem is that when you don't like someone, you place 100% of the blame of everything on them and make outlandish statements.

unclesox and Jpows repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

There is no problem! I post something Eto'o says about Pep and people need to come defend Pep as he's the holy knight. What Etoo said was and is in a way true but.

Pep couldn't win win Bayern but Mourinho could with Porto. But no, people have to come and bring up useless and pointless shit and so called facts just to make Pep look good. Then you'll get alot of BS back. I'll say it like this, you lot DESERVE me [emoji23]

13. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    It'd be quite something, judging a coach by how many CL's or League titles he's won with a vastly inferior squad. You can be a god-tier tactician with an average squad and more often than not still get beaten by a decent tactician with a god-tier squad.

The coach's job is to analyze the opponent, lay out the best tactics, pick the starting line-up that is best to execute said tactics, and motivate the team to go out there and give it their all. He can't physically kick or head the ball into the net using the right technique, or time a tackle properly, or make a defense-splitting pass the with just the right amount of weight. That's on the players.

It'd be a different story if they were running around the field like headless chickens not knowing what to do.

14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Let's put it this way, Pep comes back to Barca but there is no Messi and an aging squad. Will he win La Liga, CDR and CL? Without having to spend as much as city has?

No Pep style needs fantastic players. He was lucky to coach Barca at the prime of some of the best players the world have or ever will see and manage to build himself a reputation. His philosophy is shallow and one-sided. We'll see how far he goes if other clubs in PL shape up. He's lucky coaching city when Chelsea is banned from transfers and Mourinho destroying United and Tottenham basically playing with a thin squad. This years only Liverpool could match City. Heck even Leicester won it few years back when most teams where on hiatus. Pep is wise too choose teams where he can excell.

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Same with Mourinho.

celito repped this.
  16. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Neither could Mourinho, with LPB (Copa del Rey final played at the Bernabeu) or Chelsea (UCL semis).

condor11 and celito repped this.
  17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Same with Mourinho.

condor11, celito and BocaFan repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wasn't really defending Pep. That's how you viewed it. I was just pointing out how stupid that statement from Eto'o is. Again, with $$$ and really strong teams Mourinho won jack shit in the CL. He ONLY won as an underdog. It shows the ignorance of that statement. It shows the unpredictability of the CL.

When somebody makes such a statement, it's to make a point. I am calling BS on that point. And I clearly explained why. It's your choice to ignore it and get all dramatic.

19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #2944 unclesox, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Zlatan won multiple league titles with various clubs but has never won the UCL. He couldn’t even score a goal in the UCL knockout rounds until he played with Pep’s Barca.

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Im not defending Mourinho here but I beg to differ. He won CL with Porto with a decent squad, not world class squad.

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

His statement and point is worth a recognition. Pep repeatedly has disrespected and shipped greats players throgh the back door. Eto'o, Yaya and Ibra. Remember Yaya is more of a hero to City than Pep is.

22. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lucked out v Man Utd (clear goal disallowed for Utd) and Depor (red card that was a playful act between two friends).
    Also beat a team coached by Ranieri in the semis... and Monaco, who have done next to nothing in Europe before or since. The ultimate example of how much luck plays a part in knockout tournaments.

condor11 and celito repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think most Barca fans would welcome Pep back with open arms because he will probably make Barca better than they could be with someone else at the helm. He might have to spend €400mn to make Barca better, especially if its post-Messi, but I imagine most don't care how he gets it done just that he does.

condor11 and Jpows repped this.
  24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Nothing to do with Pep being a coward.

Let me tell you that Ibra wouldn't have accepted being humiliated like that two years in a row. No one would dare choking like Barca did three years in a row with superior quality. Barça would have needed a Ibra character instead of a bunch of chokers dropping their wet pants down.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The teams you listed says it all: he lucked out with the draw. 3 of the 4 teams Porto played in the KO stage they really should be beating. Only one surprise against Man Utd, although that was one of the weaker Man Utd sides in the entire SAF era.

unclesox repped this.