Which 3 teams do u think will make it to the olympics from asia?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by persiantiger, Oct 17, 2003.

1. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Here are the list of the qualified teams so far S.korea , Japan , Kuwait,China PR ,Saudi Arabia ,Bahrain ,Malaysia, Lebanon, Oman, UAE , IRAN and the winner of N.korea and Iraq

which 3 teams do u think will qualify to the olympics and represent asia?

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    korea
    japan
    iran

3. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I would have said the same thing but the chances of them being in the same group is pretty high!

4. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Korea
    China
    Japan or Iran.

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    it all depends on how the groups are drawn. Certainly Korea is a favourite. Who joins them depends on the groupings.

6. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Actually i don't think korea has a good olympic team this year, based on their results against hong kong which is one of the weakest teams in asia. I dunno about other teams but Iran is looking pretty good as we dominated Uzbekistan(a good team in asia) 9-1 on aggregate.

7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    well, Korea's usually not too great against weak teams and do better against stronger teams.

The very same Korean team beat the Dutch Olympics team, tied PSV Eindhoven, and beat Japan's Olympics team.

and all that happened without any of the Euro-leaguers. If anything, the Korean Olympics team should do better than others if you just look at the individual talents of the squad.

8. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Korea
    China
    Japan

9. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I saw the korea vs hong kong match and I must say I was shocked to see the dismal performance by the koreans. Sure, they did better against the stronger sides, but their lack of consistency is surely not a sign of a great team.

10. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    Iran
    Japan
    China

Korea will be knapping for a while.

11. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    A:SKorea China Iran Malaysia
    B:Japan Bahrain Lebanon UAE
    C:Kuwait Saudi Arabia Oman NKorea or Iraq

12. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Shurarara,

Is that official?

13. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Yes.It is reported by Japan at least.

14. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yes, those groups have been confirmed in Korea already as well.

I think Korea will be a much better team as soon as they get the services of the two European-based players, Lee CS and Park JS. I'm not sure if Iranian and Chinese team will have any foreign-based players, but I think it will be a valuable experience to have for Korea. Lee has been generally playing well for Real Sociedad (although he isn't finishing), however, Park has been struggling as of late. Nonetheless, Korea will be much better with the services of these two.

As for our horrible performance against HK, Hong Kong was playing very defensively and to draw the whole time. It's hard to score many goals against that strategy regardless of what team it is. People were expecting 3-5 goals against them, but I thought that was being kind of unrealistic. And I don't think Hong Kong team wasn't THAT weak. I thought they were a decent squad from their performance... definitely not one of the "weakest" teams in asia.

What kind of a squad will Chinese team bring to the qualifying? Any info on who to look out for? How about for the Iranian squad? Any info would be cool ;)

15. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    But those were just friendlies. IMO, we have a problem because we have a horrible coach and we're in the group of death. Korea, China, and Iran all have quality U-22.

16. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

These groups are *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# AFC has screwed us again!

I dunno if uv noticed but Japan and Saudie always get better draws than korea and Iran. Its a damn shame that only one of Iran Korea and China will qualify to the olympics cause in my opinion all these teams are superior to the teams in the rest of the groups except maybe japan.

17. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Holly phucking shi+!!! SK, Iran and China are in the same group?!?! The AFC idiots did a good job at grouping. The Chinese U22 team can say bye-bye to the Olympic now...

18. ausood babil

ausood babil New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Los Angeles
    my choice is Japan, S. Korea and Iraq (if they qualify, KSA if they don't)

19. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    all I know is that our Olympic team has at least 5 players from NT, all between 18-22. They are supposed to be fairly strong, qualified on 8-1 aggregate again Uzbakestan (which wasn't a bad team). I am waiting to see how they schedule the venue. That will decide who qualifies more than who has the best team. It should be a home-away format, I hope.

20. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I agree. I'm sure it's not intentional, but they do get really good groupings.

FYI, all three of Japan's opponents are beyong the top 100 of the FIFA ranking. (102, 105, 107) Wow now that's rare for final qualifications round.

21. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

It was 9-1;) 3-1 in uzbekistan and 6-0 in Iran i belive

And yes it is home-away format
    call me crazy but i think China's olympic team is stronger than Korea's so i look at them as our main opponents in this group!

22. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    ok, so I'll have to renew my prediction now I guess.

S.Korea
    Japan
    Saudi Arabia

obviously the first group can have China or Iran. That's the group to look for some action.

23. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I don't call you crazy because they might as well as be.

All three teams in the group never had much encounters recently to compare. So it's hard to predict.

24. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.

home teams are first.

3/3
    Korea vs China
    Malaysia vs Iran

3/17
    China vs Malaysia
    Korea vs Iran

3/24
    China vs Iran
    Korea vs Malaysia

4/14
    Iran vs China
    Malaysia vs Korea

4/28
    China vs Korea
    Iran vs Malaysia

5/12
    Malaysia vs China
    Iran vs Korea

25. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    thanx man. this group is like a mini Asian Cup by itself. It may come down to goal difference as to who qualifies. poor Malaysia may end up being the sand bag.