European Basketball

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by DCU9ted, Mar 4, 2004.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I go to University of Maryland and yesterday Lonny Baxter got traded to the Wizards so everyone was talking about how our championship team is being reunited in Washington (Dixon, Blake, Baxter). Anyway then we started discussing how Tahj Holden plays in Turkey, Drew Nicholas in Spain, and Mouton in Italy. (Maybe I mixed some players up with the wrong countries) Anyway, how much do average players make in Europe? What is the max and min salarys? Who is the best player over there?

Thanks

2. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    The team with the highest wage bill is probably CSKA Moscow,estimated at 20 mil. euros.

The best player in recent years has probably been Dejan Bodiroga of the defending Euroleague champs Barcelona.

You can find out a lot more about it here

http://www.euroleague.net/

3. gantelo

gantelo New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Istanbul
    Jasikevicius has the max salary with 5 million dollars for two years. And I think he is from University of Maryland, too. Average American players, by saying average I mean the ones who don`t play in Euroleague like Khalid El-Amin who plays for Besiktas, Turkey now, is probably making less than 350 thousand for a year. But for an American euroleague player, I think average salary is not less than 500 thousand.