Pre-match: 2009 nisl championship game

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Capt. Chaos, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    So, this is GREAT and just as we all knew, the Rockford Rampage will face the most dominant indoor team of this century and decade the Balitmore Blast.

Hopefully 1st Mariner will be packed as they have had a month to sell the game and I hope that the Final will be as good as the Semi-Final series was in that only decided by 1 goal(3pt).

We will be bringing a few dozen(hopefully) from Rockford/Chicago area so be aware...we will be LOUD! :eek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my prediction:
    SOLDOUT
    RAMPAGE 11 - 9 Baltimore

it's time for an Indoor Championship to come back to Illinois

2. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Any word on the status of Beasley, someone said that he blew out his knee on Thursday night. I was unable to view the webcast on Sunday, but caught a few highlights when I opened it up this morning. I did not spot him on the floor.

3. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Beasley, Cop and possibly Geison Moura are out for the Finals.

Ante will again be doing the webcast in English and Jamar will be on the bench trying to motivate the guys. He has a huge brace on his leg, but in great spirits.

4. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, I just cannot root for Baltimore, despite the fact that there's classy people there...

I can't root for Rockford because they eliminated us...

Here's a toast for a championship decided on a coin flip... :D

5. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    The lack of Beasley is huge for Rockford. His play down the stretch was a major key to the their late season run.

Rockford's chances have to be slim considering a probable huge crowd (indoor wise) and a probably the most talented team in current indoor soccer (as their opponents).

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Anything can happen in one game. That said, I'd say the Blast have about a 75% chance of winning.

7. BlastFan1

BlastFan1 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Baltimore
    As for the 1st Mariner Arena being packed--they are competing against an Oriole game- 1 block away, and a big Lacrosse series at M and T Stadium-2 blocks away whoever is going to the Blast game go early and get ready to pay double to park-parking for Orioles is double what you pay for Blast games -garage parking is gonna be 20.00

8. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    any tv or webcast or anything of the likes announced?

Maybe Rockford?

EDIT:

YES! The good folks at rockfordrampage.com will be webcasting the final!

Whats the over/under that we will be able to watch the 1st period of the game instead of hair restoration infomercials? ;)

9. MOREHEAD

MOREHEAD Member

Sep 23, 2008
    who from this board will be attending the nisl championship game.
    foer those of you going . be aware that the orioles play at almost the same time.
    so traffic will be a little heavier. and yes i will be there.

10. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Rain in the forecast, should hold down the crowd for the O's(possibly postponed). I parked for the Orioles game tonight for less than I osually pay for the Blast games. The lacrosse tournament will bump the prices though.

11. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    well there will only be 3 Wild Boyz on this journey(technically there is only like 8 of us really officially) but there should be almost all the Rampage Staff and players...including injuried that i might have to drive. :)

Wish i could make it out for one of the O's games on Friday or Sunday, but looks like its not going to happen...oh well. Go figure Easter Weekend has to be backed with LAX, College Hockey, Baseball and Indoor Soccer in Baltimore/DC.

12. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Soccer man

Can you please call Peter Angelos and the head of the LAX games being played at M&T Bank Stadium to postpone them until Sunday?

We all want to watch the soon to be 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION BALTIMORE BLAST CELEBRATE!!!!!!!! in front of a packed house!

13. RavenTerp

RavenTerp Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Baltimore
    I will be there with a group..should be fun. I expect around 9K and maybe more if they get any good walkup, but do not expect a sellout.

14. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    No Sellout

9,000 sound pretty accurate

PLEASE don't blame the O's, LAX or any other excuse for the lack of a sellout. The people attending the game are going for one of two reasons:

1) they love indoor soccer and would go even if the Ravens were playing OR
    2) they are part of a group who got tickets for about $10 each and can walk on the field, sing into the mic etc...

I'd say the Blast will lose only a hundred or so (at best) fans that will "choose" the Orioles over the NISL Final. If you polled the O's crowd Saturday night, 98% of them would not even know the Blast were playing 2 blocks away!

Has anyone heard any radio or TV spots? I haven't even on WCBM

15. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    One more soccer event this weekend

The Washington Freedom (Women's Pro League) play their home opener down in Germantown, MD and the game is live on FSC Sat night.

There goes possibly a few hundred or so kids' teams that could have went to the NISL game..... oh well

at least maybe the majority of the crowd will enjoy being there just to watch the game!

Capt Chaos
    I say at halftime everyone on this board meets at the beer garden, and the losing team buys the beer!
    NSL.. you are neutral so you win either way!

16. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Anyone North of Baltimore would have a 1.5 hour drive to Germantown. I doubt they'll lose many to the Freedom match.

17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we i am dealing with a major case of agoraphobia & anxity & no matter what i will be their ..............

we went to the blast office and picked up tickets today and 9,000 tickets are sold verry few lower & mid level seats remain so if your going you may need to sit on the 3rd floor ,

it was nice to see the blast office full of people selling tickets & several people showed up to pick them up it will be close to a sell out i think

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is a good idea at half time lets all meet at the beer garden to introduce our selfs to each other i will be in my millwood jersey i won on ebay last year so if you see me drop by & say hi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree i think they will go to a championship game first
    you can always go to anouther freedom game