Paul Krutko

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OffMyLine, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Off thread topic---acquiring players

Thanks for the info. Surely there could have been another way for MLS to have set up their transfer system. Right now it's too dependent on factors out of a club's hands. We'll see at the end of the season then.

2. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: not Re: Paul Krutko

No worries.....but I was serious, if you or A68 or anyone want to have a thread with the "Official" in it for stadium updates, it seems logical to me. That seems as deserving as player threads. Probably not stickied presently since it doesn't seem to be movie fast, but perhaps that too at times.
    It'll just be a matter of keeping it on updates and their immediate ramifications and leaving the 'what do you want in a stadium" for those threads. And the person who starts such the thread should take a little bit of ownership that updates do get put into it. But there are plenty of people who follow the stadium stuff closely.

3. Jay Hipps

Jay Hipps Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to add a bit to what Colin said, yesterday's vote was a complete non-event (which is a good thing). Krutko wasn't even asked to address the council -- the only person who did speak was SSV prez Don Gagliardi. From the time Mayor Reed announced the item on the agenda to the finished vote was under three minutes.

SSV will be sending out updates as soon as the agenda is finalized for the next relevant council date. As Colin said, April 28 is likely.

4. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whenever Jay posts is makes me miss Ronnie :(

5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    And the SSV folks are right on top of it as usual. It's been a long haul, and you guys have been there the whole way in true Quakes "Never give up" fashion.

6. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's always there on the bench...

And maybe we'll get to see him play again if the 'Quakes do another exibitition at BS to burn through a bonus ticket ;)

7. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's at least somewhat comforting. We sit on the far side so I never see him.
    I wish some of his on-field leadership ability....and regular ability for that matter....would rub off on a few players!

8. OffMyLine

OffMyLine Member

Nov 30, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Murky News today. A's article. http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12005817 Nothing new.

9. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took the Murk a few days but nothing there we didn't already know. Wolff and partners are renegotiating with the city, and the city seems quite willing to do so since the value of the land has tanked along with the economy.

Still, probably a good idea to make sure Quakes fans are in large numbers at the April 28th Council meeting just incase anyone decides to play politics or opposition suddenly decides to rear its head since it seems the stadium will be riding on this vote.

10. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Imagine the literary conniption that Barry Witt would have over this. Hope his paper route is going well.

11. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And the reborn interest for San Jose as a home for the A's will probably work in favor for Lew's negotiations of the Airport West site. The city will do all in its power to accomodate Lew and the A's in any effort to locate to San Jose, so, I doubt they would do anything that would derail the soccer stadium plans.

12. OffMyLine

OffMyLine Member

Nov 30, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to know a writer of that caliber was able to stay in the business.

13. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Exactly. I would give him a tip, except that I don't subscribe to the paper anymore. I'd wave to him as he passed by on his bicycle, except that I'm not up at 5am.

14. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well lets just hope that the Quakes situation gets ironed out before they get seriously into the A's situation. We don't want the Quakes fortunes tied too closely to the A's because their situation is highly volatile right now.

15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't won't them tied at all, it's just that a city council motivated to get the A's in town is likely motivated to help out with the Earthquakes situation.

16. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I'm hoping that's the extent of the A's involvment with the Quakes plans. Good will on the city's part to push it through hoping to get the A's is fine, just so long as we've got shovels in the ground ASAP in case the A's situation collapses and takes city good will with it.

17. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    We interrupt this thread for a public service message:

Pa-ul Krut-ko,
    clap-clap, clap-clap-clap,

Pa-ul Krut-ko,
    clap-clap, clap-clap-clap,

18. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I'd send the guy a gift but then I'd worry it would be considered a bribe.

19. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could probably accept it if it is worth less than $50