Mizuno Boot Thread [2]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ctoa23, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    They are little bitty longer than morelia2 as you told me before. But its not like weird sizing or anything. Just like 1-2mm longer in toearea. It's perfect for me.

Width is just wide enough like other mizuno.

2. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hwangong the supersonic have to be one of the nicest boots I've seen!!!
    Have u played in them as yet? Did the "tigerclaw" outsole perform well?

Guys has any of you ever had the very first ghost strikers? I wanted to know how they perform in comparsion to the ghost striker 2 which I owned. The outsole is the same as rivaldo cups so wondered if they are of the same standard those quailty boots.

3. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    @soulstar

Not tried them yet. Actually I put them on Swapshop cuz I need money. :(

GS is never close to Rivaldo. They do have same stud configuration cuz GS is an extension of Wave Cup lines in some degree.

4. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    @hwangong

I know for sure you aren't my size 28cm lol if u was I would buy them off u.
    I have some boots I'm selling in fact gonna put them up for sell next week.
    I'm gonna put up my genio1 limited edition (sliver/blue) up for sell never used them as was so busy working then got injured. I'm not very lucky with injuries just got back from a badly strained ankle.

I've seen the ghost striker 1 for sell at a good price so thinking of getting them.

5. deapone

deapone New Member

May 27, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Finally got my hands on my wave ignites this week and played a game with them yesterday, thought i would post my feelings as someone inquired about the synthetic version earlier..

Basically a lot of this has been said already, but out of the box they were lighter than i expected them to be, lighter to hold than my Vapor Vs. They were also very comfortable when first put on, i ordered .5 down from my normal size and even though the boot is synthetic it was still very comfortable and i didnt need to break them in before wearing.

In game i thought the boot was comfortable and performed pretty well, i did have to retie them though to ensure a lock down fit. The only complaint was that i slipped once as i was trying to take off. The pitch is one of the best in the country and well looked after but we warmed up on a practice pitch and the studs seemed to pick up a bit of dirt, if i had cleaned them out in between warm ups and the game i may not of had a problem but i thought i would mention it.

All in all i thought they were great boots, i havent tried a mukiaten (sp?) yet, but will be interesting to see if i can do it. I was very impressed and am now seriously considering buying a pair of the supersonics.

6. dawej

dawej Member

Jun 23, 2010
    If you were to recommend a Mizuno boot not costing more than $150, witch one? The kind im looking for is the Morelia model, a "classic" boot. Is that "made in Japan"-model on PDS something to go for? Its the same as the one on Rakuten?

Also, is there another place where i can find the Wave Cup model? I found to different on rakuten, but neither had my size (EU 45 / 279)...

7. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    @ Deapone

Did you have to buy a half size down?
    And it's not too tight on you?

Confusing. Because someone else said they are true to size. :p

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    dawej,

the japanese morelias at pds has been there for some time, could be old stocks

those from rakuten are very current

there are some differences - injected footbed, contoured removable insole

i'd highly recommend you to buy from rakuten!

wave cup SL is ONLY released in japan!

9. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    @ kiongsm

Hey buddy, did you get to find any difference between wave ignite on pds and wave ignitus sl on rakuten except the tongue n lace color?

Im thinking about buying a pair from pds when they go on sale.

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    hwangong,

i think tht's abt all the differences

i still find "difficulty" hvg a ylw-blk boot, but a blk-ylw is fine

anyway, the ignitus SL does has pretty good review in rakuten

11. dawej

dawej Member

Jun 23, 2010
    ok, thanks for the response kiongsm.

Ive kind of decided to buy these morelias of PDS: http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-008-036&DEPT=2&BRAND=8&SS=1&PROFILE=Heritage .

I know they are not japanese made and not the same boot, but i guess they are not completely worthless? Pretty cheap to, obviously not the top line, but as a first Mizuno its ok? If i like these, i might be looking for some new ones on rakuten.

And one more question (know there is a thread for these questions, but i guess i will get better answers here). How is the sizing? Should i buy a "small" size?

I have EUR 46 (UK 11) in my predators but i know they are small in their sizing, also wear EUR 45.5 (UK 10.5) in my Nikes. Does the UK 11 Mizuno seem like a good choice?

12. deapone

deapone New Member

May 27, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    I wear a 11.5us in vapors, but i sized down .5 to a 11 in the ignites.. The fit is almost perfect, pretty snug but a little bit of toe room.. Might be a bit of an issue if you had wide feet though. I would definitely size down atleast .5 in the ignitus as the leather would have more give than the synthetics used in the ignite..

Also a quick question for those with more knowledge than myself regarding the japanese models of mizunos, whats the deal with the ignitus without the external heel counter? Are they a JR model or something?

13. Olly C

Olly C Member

Jul 25, 2008
  14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Cesar of Valencia was wearing a white model of these.

15. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Those are the low end boots without wave unit,
    thus named Mizuno Ignitus MD without Wave.

Honda was spotted with the customized Wave Ignitus.
    His had round studs like Morelia and like smaller/lower heel counter.

16. Olly C

Olly C Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Yea I saw the picture of this, think it was pre-world cup, I prefer the look of the heel counter for sure :)

17. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    dawej,

the mizuno from pds at 50gbp is a good deal

worth trying out

sizing is close to the pred, altho' i don't hv the pred to compare

mizuno uk11 = 30.0cm

measure your foot [with socks] in cm, if it's btwn 29.5 - 30.0cm, then uk11 shd be ok for you

how to measure? > stand on a peice of paper, draw a line at the tip of your big toe and back of the heel, then put a straight line across these 2 points....or you might want to get someone to help draw the outline of your foot, then measure the length from toe to heel

mine is 25.3, so i wear 25.5 ie. uk6.5

hvg said tht, this morelia is a new release for europe, n' could hv a different last/fit compared to my morelia II from japan

all the best!

18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Wave version of the Ignitus looks a lot better with that heel counter on, but have you seen the soft ground version ? The heel counter is different, just a solid black lump rather than the graded, fancy design on the MD version. I think that makes the boot look a bit like a low end version, might have to get me some of them later in the year though when the pitches get worse. :(