True Original Crew Chant/Song Think Tank

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Emuhless, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like many of you here, I too believe that we are in desperate need of a new chant or song. There are a million songs out there that can be taken from other teams and restyled to fit the Crew, but the purpose of this thread is to create something new that other clubs can someday steal from us.

There is currently a thread on chants/songs, but this one is specifically focused on the creation of a Crew original.

Please add any idea that you might have, even if its just a melody that you think could work. Of the 100 ideas we come up with, 10 of them might be good, and maybe only a few will have the chance to catch on.

I say we work on developing these ideas during the off season and vote on the most popular original chant before the season. If we can agree on one original song/chant as the winner, we have a a great chance of successfully implementing it next season.

2. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a rough idea for a new song. I think it would probably work better as a bar/pregame song than an in-game chant, but who knows.

The melody is based off The Animal's "House of the Rising Sun," a tune I think most people know.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRV9QCXLtHQ"]YouTube - Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun[/ame]

Potential first verse:

There is a place in Columbus
    They call the Nordecke (Nordeckuh)
    And we'll fight! We'll fight! We'll fight on!
    Until the Crew have won

Just an idea. Do what you want with this, but I think the melody has potential. Could be fun.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always older ones we could bring back into a more-heavier rotation, such as the "We hate Chicago..We hate Toronto too" chant.

We used to do a this to the tune of "Give It Away Now" by RHCP:
    Here we go, here we go, here we go now,
    Here we go now,
    Here we go, here we go, here we go now,
    awwww get busy!

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep thinking about this and finally get a chance to ask. To all those that go to local pubs, taverns and whatnot, do people occasionally break out in a song together, whether played by a band, jukebox, dj, or something? The reason I ask is back in the motherland (wherever that is for you), songs heard in the stands and terraces were started often in the pubs and bars in the city, and then the supporters would add in the team name or something.

It's cool and creative hearing some songs even from the decades heard in pardoy form at matches. Some pop songs these days aren't worth a damn though.

One thing I am very opinionated about is the song played after a goal. It's outdated and quite frankly stands for everything that is against family and legal values (in reference to the chester that is, Gary Glitter).

5. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could legitimately see the Nordecke singing this in the corner. I think it could be a good song that could carry. The way I judge these?- if i can picture a stadium in England on FSC singing it, it can work.

We're more MASSIVE than any of them anyways.

6. Minkus2816

Minkus2816 Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Westerville, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The great challenge continues to be finding chants/songs that are known, or can easily be picked up by the masses. The House of the Rising Sun one has potential...I like it a lot. But, as has been said before on this topic, it may be more beneficial to K.I.S.S...

7. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am also a big believer in the K.I.S.S. method. However, as I said in the first post, I think we should all put our heads together and think of something brand new.

If we can decide on ONE new chant or song of all the new ideas we have, I think we can make a concerted and successful effort to get that one song out there.

8. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think it matters if we "steal" a song or make our own as long as we get some new ones and trust me your going to get 100 ideas you will be lucky with 10
    and this is the same as the other thread if you read it i clearly said lets make our own ideas too using jingles and ect.

9. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great, but I do think it matters whether or not we make an original song or steal one, and that is the entire point of the thread.

I understand that you don't think it makes a difference, and that's why I had to start this thread in the first place. I also started it because as far as I can tell we've already used all the chants from Green Street Hooligans.

So if anyone wants to post new material, or comment on something someone else posted, that would be very constructive.

Let's make something we can call ours.

10. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes we copied all of our chants from green street hooligans
    that is the biggest load of sh*t i have ever heard
    all the chants in green street hooligans were taken from west-ham and the only one we use is columbus clapclapclap
    which every club in the world uses
    thats cool that you found big soccer and your all excited to post but you do not know what you are talking about you did not even know what LH means

11. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chillax chillax compadres.

12. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa there.

Hey, it's not that serious. It's all right for us to make fun of ourselves every once and a while too, right?

Again, lets keep it constructive.

13. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seriously hate that movie. None of our chants are inspired by it. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The only chant from that movie is "Blowing Bubbles" and nobody is ever chanting that or any other obvious rip off. Last thing we want to do is to steal chants from the West Ham ********.

14. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the tune of Ol My Darlin

Not Ronaldo, not Ka-ka, not Soooooolomon Kalou
    The best play-er in the world is number seeeeeven for the crew
    All ov-er the pi-itch, he makes magic with the ball
    Guillermo, Guillermo, Guilleeeeeermo does it all

15. MrKeeper

MrKeeper New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Lima

I was thinkin take some classic songs that everyone knows and add words to them. One song I almost ALWAYS here in pubs is "Don't Stop Believing be Journey". We should add some lyrics to that. This might work....

"Don't Stop, Believing...
    Hold On til that Victory!
    Massive Columbus CREW!!!!"

I know it's rough but it's a start.

16. MrKeeper

MrKeeper New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Lima
  17. MrKeeper

MrKeeper New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Lima
  18. MrKeeper

MrKeeper New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Lima
  19. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an idea as a tune, other people are better with lyrics than me.

But anyone think they can make a song out of the Andy Griffith Show intro song? I think we would slow it down a little so people could hear us better.

But this is a beat that nobody else uses- could be the start of something real.

20. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the andy griffith tune. Please feel free to alter it any way you wish. Just something family friendly.

Columbus Crew, Stadium. Everyone get off your bum.

We came to cheer, for the Crew. And I know you did too.

Look out there, it sure does seem, Columbus is a massive team.

Win, loss, or a tie. Columbus Till I die!

Columbus Crew, Columbus Crew, Columbus Crew, The best club in the world/land.

2nd verse really needs some work. I think this tune has potential. Again, its not used by anyone else.

21. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Isn't there already a chant, song, etc. thread started on the boards?

22. Emuhless

Emuhless New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think this is a very good idea. Great tune. Widely known and distinctly American.

If we can get a group of people working on lyrics for this one we might really have something.

23. MrKeeper

MrKeeper New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Lima
    i'd def. have to hear it sang, but love the idea!

24. Massive 94

Massive 94 New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Grandview
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just listened to a song that I think could come together easily as a fun upbeat, possible drunken stomp for the Nordecke, especially if we can get Turbina banging on their drums to the beat. It has a simple really simple beat and there's not much to the lyrics if you shorten the song .

The song: "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkle
    Adjusted, it could go as follows:

Columbus you've taken my heart
    You're making me confident daily
    Oh, Columbus I'm down on my knees
    Begging you please, win at home

(Repeat)

Then everyone jumps and sings the beat of what they just sang like the part at the very end of the song that goes "OHHHH -oh uh-oh"

I'm not real sure how to embed the youtube link to the song. So if someone could that would help.

25. Massive 94

Massive 94 New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Grandview
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And because I couldn't resist the opportunity to post a mocking chant for TFC we could use for opening day.

To the tune of Warren Zevon's "Poor poor pitiful me"

Poor, poor TFC
    Poor, Poor Toronto FC
    Oh they've got a s**t football team
    Have mercy on TFC
    Uhhhh-ooooooohhh

(repeat)