Youth Yanks Abroad

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2003.

1. arkadygelman

arkadygelman New Member

May 22, 2003
    D.C. give or take
    Did Will Johnson just get called up, or is his intent to really play for Canada, because he seemed he wanted to play for the U.S., as you said Sandon.

The other guy, Charowski was the best player at US Nationals in 2002 at the U17 level, he played on the Concorde/Atlanta Fire that produced a couple U.S. youth national teamers that played for the last U17 team.

2. davide

davide Member

Mar 1, 2001
    No idea, but it's never a good sign when a player accepts a callup by another country.

BTW, the comment that Johnson couldn't attend Residency because he didn't have citizenship doesn't seem to hold water. I read in one of Jules Journal's that Rodrigo Hidalgo just got sworn in this year and of course Adu was in Bradenton for over a year as a non-citizen.

3. NErevs3

NErevs3 New Member

May 4, 2003
    new hampshire
    why doesn't somebody make a web site with all the American players you have listed in this thread and post their clubs, and keep track of their stats get article on the player. that would be cool because I dont know many american players outside of MLS(unfortunatly) i know the ones on the national teams and stuff but not Guiseppie(spell check) Rossi. i just barely learned about Conor Casey. That would help me alot.

4. newportbeach

newportbeach Member

Jun 28, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if any of you saw the thread I made about US YOUTH Trials in Europe, but if you didn't I got some info on Rogers and Clarhaut. Rogers is going back to trial to Bayern shortly and I heard Clarhaut was at PSG or is going there and can perhaps get a French passport. IF any of you have any information on these two I would appreciate it.

5. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    If I recall correctly, Will Johnson was born in Canada to English parents.

Is he really playing for Canada this weekend?

6. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Looks like it
    http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=82156&itype=113&iCategoryID=0

7. DjGrenels16

DjGrenels16 New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Germany
    Re: Youth Yanks Abroad -- update

grenier is 1979

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

Yep, thanks... Sorry, back when I first posted that I didn't have the info.

9. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland

Dave:

Max Cream Dundee United 1987 ;) and jay denny is an 86

10. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    I heard that Robbie Rogers is in Holland on a trial and is due back in two-three weeks.

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

So did Max get a contract then? Feel free to send me an email, though posting here is more than fine...

12. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland

Not a signed on the line profesional contract yet Dave. He's been told that any such offer will have to wait until January 1st. He's been getting match time with U19s, and sat on the bench for the reserves a few days ago. Since the U19s are doing so well, Max has his work cut out for him in trying to secure a permanent place with Dundee United, so we shall have to see how he progresses over the next few weeks. For now he is still just a trialist.

13. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played in a friendly match yesterday with PSV.

"An American player called Robby Rogers played with the second team of PSV in a friendly match yesterday!!!"

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    What's the current high-end cutoff date for the next round of youth players? In other words, the oldest they can be and still play for a youth team, so I can build this list again...

15. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    January 1, 1985.

Dates:
    2005 U20s: 1/1/85
    2005 U17s: 1/1/88 (players who have played in previous tournaments are ineligible)
    2007 U20s: 1/1/87
    2007 U17s: 1/1/90
    2008 Olympic U23s: 1/1/85 (part of Project 2010 was to win this one)

Everything else kind of feeds into these three tournaments so these would be the relevant ages.

The bad news is that everybody born before 1/1/85 has no more youth tournaments. The good news is that everyone born after that has until 2008 before they're ineligible for youth teams.

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Thanks. I'll try to remember to post an updated list using that date later today.

17. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    That sounds like Robbie Rogers. How did he do in the friendly?

18. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    i came across a page somwhere tha lists Hector Castillo an 89' born in el paso, who is currently with jaguares-2. I guess its jaguares reserve team, could this be correct?

19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    This player does seem to be at Jaguares, but can you find the link that says he was born in El Paso by chance? Thanks...

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A bit more. Thanks to beineke for some help here.

There's an '89 from El Paso named Hector Torres Carillo who was at Real Magari at last check. I had him as Castilo in my files by accident.

The Hector Castillo at Jaguares appears to be an '87 born in Mexico (Hector Daniel Castillo Saut).