Die Fohlen sind wieder da - Borussia M'gladbach season 2008/2009 thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Hendrik, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Can you tell any rational reason why he should do it? I can't see any benefit for him. He will leave us some day, maybe (probably) this summer, maybe next summer, maybe later. His contract lasts until next summer, he is in a good position, he could choose his next club before or after the World Cup as a free agent with a hand money of more than 10 millions. Why should he throw that away and sign a new contract at his struggling club, 17 months before his old one ends? He should play in the CL in two years, not in Bundesliga II.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you're really that pessimistic and expect us to get relegated? :eek: ;)

Should we really go down, it wouldn't be any problem for Marko to leave us even if he had extended his contract!

Well, of course he's free to decide about his future. But I don't think it would be that bad for him if he stays in MG for at least 2 more years ... since there's enough examples where young talents wanted to play CL as soon as possible and failed in the end. He needs to be a regular starter in order to develope ... and I think we can offer him that!

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw: I'm curious whether we'll start in a 4:3:3 again against Shakhtor Donetsk in a few minutes.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ui ui, that was a pretty bad first half (even though we play against a CL team)...

Our defence looks sooooo shaky today (well, at least we got used to it:) ... but well, what can you expect from a backline with Levels, Callsen-Bracker and Brouwers? Unfortunately, Bailly didn't make the best impression either when they scored their 2 goals (especially the 2nd one seconds before the interval)...

If we want to have a chance winning this tournament, we need a draw today ... what means we have to SCORE at least twice in the 2nd half.

5. Pony Boy

Pony Boy Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Story of our year I think

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The game ended with a 0:3 defeat (terrible positioning from Stalteri in the 0:3 scene).

http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2009/01/17/-e221816de7.html

Well, Donetsk (they won 3:2 in Barcelona during their CL campaign) isn't Zürich ... nevertheless, we disappointed today! Shaky in defence (the absence of Dante, Daems & Gohouri was evident), too many easy turnovers in midfield and harmless in attack (despite 2-3 good chances during the last 20 minutes). :( There's still a lot to do until the end of the winter break...

Have a nice weekend.

7. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I watched the game as well, Borussia played better in the second half, but yea you guys need a whole new back line. Stalteri didnt play that well, he let Fernandinho run right around him. I thought Matmour played well and so did Alberman.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What? :eek: We've just signed 3 players for the defence (Stalteri, Dante & Bailly)...

We had to replace our 3 best defenders today, so I'm not surprised that we got problems against their classy & CL experienced strikers. Levels & Brouwers simply lack quality, whereas Callsen-Bracker still isn't 100 % fit after his injury.

9. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I haven't seen the game, only the goals and the Torfabrik report. http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2009/01/17/-e221816de7.html
    It is not yet clear for me how our back line will look like, especially after these games. Meyer said he didn't want experiments, and wanted to play something very similar to his planned Bundesliga formation. Ok, he lost Dante, but he moved Stalteri from RB to LB, Daems from LB to CB (and replaced him due to injury), and brought Levels into the team; more changes than necessary, and the formation has only slight similarities to Stalteri, XY, Dante, Daems (what seemed to be the first choice from what I read). The reports told me that every dangerous situation evolved via our left flank, Stalteris position, and Stalteri already gave a penalty to Zürich in the last game. No goal set up on Levels' flank today, some people said he was one of the better players against Zürich. Maybe Levels stays in the team, Daems or Dante plays LB, and Stalteri needs time to adjust after 8 months without any club matches?

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Getting relegated is not that strange for us, I expected way more in terms of bringing in new players in the winter break time-frame..specially from HM!
    The new players added are all like a "guessing game" kindda deal,they have all had some glory at some point in their carriers...but for a team in our position such players are not that different than then ones we went to battle with during the first half of season!
    We deffo didnt need a goalie, as far as the 3 other players...it really remains to be seen how their performance will bring quality to this LOST-SQUAD, as i said i expected ( in terms of signing new players goes) way more quality...these guys are almost like the guys we had/have...i really think it comes down to our collective fighting spirit and drive from here on in and how bad they will win the 1-on-1 batlles and reduce their errors on the pitch ( such as our horrible passing-game)..to save the this season, Friend continues to not score and still reminds me of Kevin K...collauti has had some sparks but needs more help and support...our D-Line still sucks, am just hoping we can have a healthy Neuville up-front because he can really be a huge factor for us! Anyway i wouldnt like us to get relegated..but i am very prepared for it,if u do the math the numbers just dont add up for us, also our first 2 games will dictate the outcome of the rest of the season for us...have a great weekend guys

www.fotobahn.com

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't forget that Stalteri had to play against Fernandinho (a very fast & tricky player with a transfer value of € 15 million)! And it's quite normal that Paul needs some time to adjust due to a lack of match practice...

???

What players did you expect?

Shame I didn't read a comment from you after those 4 nice goals against Zürich. :))

Yeah, especially Dante & Bailly (who are sooooooo old :p)...

We needed a leader with strategic qualities and who is also fit, so I don't think that Galasek is such a bad choice (especially, as we didn't have to pay a transfer fee). And Stalteri played a great season with Fulham the year before and can be used on both wings.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Its not a matter of their age really i made a general comment about the whole situation,they are just not 100% solid enough to help a team that is rock bottom in the bundesliga uwe, also dont forget brazilians are risky in europe(and he is already injured as always..which is the case for us with new signings)..and specially back field..yes he has played in europe for a while now..but end of the day when you draw the line..for a team that is in nose dive situation..these players are not that helluva different from what we have on our bench or had...please dont tell me otherwise!
    It really comes down to how bad this team wants to fight and survive..these 4 players are nothing special or no survival package for us and i could care less really if we hadnt got them..they are just like.."ok" players..and u wish for the best with them!

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You sound like a real expert (how often did you see Galasek, Stalteri, Dante & Bailly play?)...

Well, let's wait up. I personally don't think we would have got better players for that money (especially, since it's not easy to sign top players when your are the bottom team) and am content with these transfers!

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two bad news today:

1. Alex Baumjohann definitely leaves us after this season and moves to Bayern Munich for free.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussb...ann/bayern-schnappt-sich-gladbach-talent.html

http://www.express.de/nachrichten/s...res-dann-zu-bayern_artikel_1225960155594.html

Well, then good luck on the bench or main stand.

2. Our defence is still a torso, conceding 4 goals in the test against Dortmund due to well-known mistakes. :( Typical that we dominated the game in the first 30 minutes ... and then conceded the 0:1 with their first serious attack. Damn, damn, damn!!!

http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2009/01/20/test-gegen-dortmund-geht-in-die-hose.html

http://www.borussia.de/de/borussia_news_detail,185,0,newsid-167878.html

15. Pony Boy

Pony Boy Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't mind our signings nothing high profile, we have had the players from the start. With some luck string some wins together we will be fine and keep consistent. Just hope the D can pick it up and key players hit form

16. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Everyone says the CB was horrible as ever, giving away 4 easy goals... we have to hope that Dante can change the level of the whole back line... who played LB in Liege before.
    There are still rumours that we are interested in a forward. You could call it funny if we played a completely different back line due to injuries, and a completely different offense due to the date of a transfer in comparison to the Bundesliga start, when Meyer said "The players have to get used to each other in the preparation".

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At this point its all about gaining momentum,building the hunger and passion to fight in every single game like there is no tomorrow...bottom line its not about our new "PLAYERS" and the ones we already have in the squad..if we manage to come out with a win and a draw..in our first 2 opening games....we can grab the right momentum and fighting attitude..and built on that to continue on the waves....so for me its all about the first 2 games and how this squad can open the new season..its going to be a very tough collective display of courage poise and 110% sacrifice...if we slip the first two games..it would be mission impossible to shake it off!:rolleyes:

www.fotobahn.com

18. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    INTERVIEW WITH TF-BORUSSIAS COACH

Meyer: " We have the opportunity to come out there "
    Marc Basten, Olaf Kozany and Jan van Leeuwen
    Thursday, 22 January 2009 - 15:20 clock

In the interview, TF Borussias coach Hans Meyer on the state of preparation, the new players and the heavy, but not hopeless task, preserving the class to realize.

Committed as always - Borussias coach Hans Meyer. (Photo: Olaf Kozany / TORfabrik.de)
    TF: Mr. Meyer, in four Testspielen their team has lost three times. Does the preparation wrong?

Hans Meyer: You know, that results in preparation for games do not have power. Sure, it would be nice if we are against Dortmund in their own stadium should have won. But the game has yet fulfilled its purpose. We have over long stretches of the first half football seen us but then again by the wage of the work place. With the preparation I'm still very satisfied.

TF: That sounds a bit after a phrase ...

Hans Meyer: No! We have in the first week as probably the only team in Germany, despite the freezing temperatures on a lawn can train. Then we were seven days in Gran Canaria, where we have fantastic conditions have found. The hotel was top, and more importantly, we could all the time with pleasant weather in the stadium on an excellent lawn practice. The team has very good mitgezogen. The only thing that really disturbed so far has been the failure of Dante.

TF: Dante is the great hope for the Hinrunde so unstable interior defense. Can he meet those expectations?

Hans Meyer: It is obviously not good that he has only one week to train with the team and only one test was completed. But I am sure he will make us better.

TF: What makes you so optimistic?

Hans Meyer: It was already in the first few days to see what he has on it. He has not in vain with Liege in UEFA CUP a series of games without conceding lying, where he played a supporting role. Dante can anyone be when the club still a lot of joy to have.

TF: With Logan Bailly you have committed a new keeper. How do you see him? In the previous Testspielen he had two, three ... Wackler

Hans Meyer: He is a young goalkeeper, the move to another country and another league for him is a big step. The important thing is that he is not and can irritate his nerves under control reserves. Because of course it would help if our fans really support him. Especially for a goalie, this backing is important.

TF: Have you Bailly Genk even see play?

Hans Meyer: I did it to me once on the ground in Genk viewed. I have him in Beijing at the Olympics seen. There he is, I noticed because he was 22-year-old playing unbelievably clarified.

TF: But he was still observed?

Hans Meyer: Absolutely. Uwe Kamps, Uli Sude and others have viewed it several times and at all the result was the same: Get it!

TF: How do Paul Stalteri and Tomas Galasek?

Hans Meyer: Both meet, what I expect from them. Galasek When I know what I did to him. And Stalteri also makes it ok, even if he left on a few problems. In his apology, I must say that he is due to the high training load and three Testspielen within a week against Shakhtar something was broken. Like him against Dortmund on the right side played, it was absolutely fine.

TF: You have - in the defense forced - some human variations tested, the game system remained with the ball at 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against possession of the ball is always the same ...

Hans Meyer: At the moment it looks as if this system for the team the best. But it is not excluded that we sometimes play with two peaks are. Only you have to honestly say that in the previous two attempts - in Bielefeld in the first half and when tested in Israel - not very promising process.

TF: On Gran Canaria, they have the midfield cast Galasek Paauwe and playability. We can not imagine that in Stuttgart will also be ...

Hansmeyer: but now I will not publicly say how we will play in Stuttgart. But if you look carefully, you can have your conclusions.

TF: Then at least find that Tony Jantschke in Stuttgart plays no role. He arrived at the Testspielen minute's still no use. Does he have what crime?

Hansmeyer: nonsense. They have the boys but after his playing in the Hinrunde entitled praised and highly rated. I felt the same. Only one must not forget that Tony just 18 years old and not ready for a long time player. Since it is not all equal load on his shoulders pack. In addition, we have focused on the Stuttgart game out. And VfB is presumably so that we Jantschkes skills against an offensive central midfield player to act, not necessarily need.

TF: What are the irritations of Steve Gohouri?

Hans Meyer: He is a bit peculiar. He said last Saturday that he is already longer feel limp and would not play against Shakhtar. Something that he is missing, was new for me. Neither the doctor nor the physiotherapist he had informed. We have him Saturday rausgenommen and after returning a blood test can be carried out. Since nothing was found. Steve trained with now back to normal.

TF: Where there are threats to him the consequences?

Hans Meyer: That will be seen. But it is clear that we are receiving only the class with players able to create, which is 100% professional attitude.

TF: Let times to the players who no longer belong to the squad ...

Hans Meyer: But there is everything to be said. But you have written that a Sebastian Svärd ...

TF: ... was permanently injured and barely a few games in a row made. And that Voigt, Coulibaly Ndjeng or perhaps second-division players are good, but in the Bundesliga does not help ...

Hans Meyer: So. Where are we yet agree.

TF: But as a type Rösler, the opponents, hate ', there is now no more. In the second league, we were glad that we had such a ...

Hans Meyer: You restrict ourselves: In the second league! I never said that Rösler is a bad footballer. He is 31 years old and has how many years First Bundesliga played? Two! And since he is with Aachen University of Ulm and dismounted. He is unquestionably a very good second division players. But not anymore.

TF: You have a lack of balance in the team talk. Is this now where?

Hans Meyer: At least it has approached. We have brought to four players, but that is of course no guarantee that we create the class receipt. It is a very tight box, but we have the chance to grab it.

TF: Is the key on the defensive?

Hans Meyer: Yes, we need stability, a basic order. We're working on it. The previous test have good ideas, but also for improvement identified. We must come into the situation, a game to win if we are one or two goals to make.

TF: We fear that the known critical audiences in Moenchengladbach again whistling starts when the first home game against Hoffenheim not after 15 minutes offensive fireworks will be burnt ...

Hans Meyer: Then the people would not really help. We are Last table and have eleven points. We breathe only because there are some other teams have done much better than we do. It must be the last to realize that the cart quite deep in the dirt is. We have the opportunity to come out since. But that will only succeed if all remain realistic and not lose their nerve. If the fans really love their club, they should be the guys down there to help. A Hansmeyer, they must not rejoice. But the players, support us all before the second league will retain ...

www.fotobahn.com

20. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally we managed to get a clean sheet (Boleslav is the current nr. 2 in Czech Rep.), so let's hope it is a good omen for the game in Stuttgart.

However, the booes against Baumjohann were absolutely stupid ... and also his reaction when he scored.

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marcel Ndjeng moves to HSV on loan (pretty surprising when you consider how poor he was in Gladbach during the last year). Good luck!

[​IMG]

Borussia leiht Ndjeng aus

mehr:
    http://www.borussia.de/de/borussia_news_detail,185,0,newsid-168001.html

Anybody knows these 3 men? Damn, where is Hans Meyer? :)

[​IMG]

Alaaf & Helau!! Let's drink to forget all sorrows. :))

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    attention lascho

Please send me the live-link for the stuttgart game stream to my personal e-mail at fotobahn@mac.com

I cant log on bigsoccer again..am using a friends computer and am scared it will not happen till this weekend!

Send it to my e-mail so in case i cant log onto bigsoccer i can have the link!
    cheers man
    Naz:D

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Down to business

The mid-season preparations are over, stressed Hans Meyer at today's press conference with just as much directness as his summary of the last few weeks.

more:
    CLICK

Press-conference video clip:

http://www.borussia.de/de/pk_vor_vfb__a_,148863,0.html

It's going to be a crucial away game, concerning our current situation (4 defeats in a row & last table spot) and the difficult overture (Stuttgart, Hoffenheim, Bremen) after the winterbreak ... so let's hope that our guys will do everything in order to return back to MG with at least 1 point (even though we're the clear outsiders)! Hans Meyer knows how to be successful against Stuttgart, so I take this as a good omen. ;)

Btw: Initially, I thought to travel to Stuttgart with 2 friends by train (the last time we did, the cabins were full of BMG fans from all over Franconia) ... unfortunately it won't work, though.