Obama's Smoking Issue

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Chicago1871, Dec 8, 2008.

1. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Was I talking to you?

Cigarettes are a lot less dangerous (physically and mentally) than cocaine, by the way. So deal with it:

[​IMG]

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I love the text of neg rep from an idiot. Reads like... victory. :D

Just thought I would add this in though: InTheNet - a black man (not sure if you have heard them referred to as this before) is in charge of your entire nation from January 20th, and will be for 4 full years at the bare minimum. He has an African parent, a Muslim-sounding name, ties to former domestic terrorists, is liberal, will pander to the Middle East, looks more likely than anybody before him to allow gay marraige, is open to many different religions, comes from a big city (OH NO!!), and he is all yours. Your fellow country people voted for him, want to be lead by him, and he will be making the laws by which you live your daily life and controlling the taxes which you pay. I am sure he will rape you so penniless that by January 20, 2013 you will be living in homeless shelters if not on the streets... amongst... wait for it... MINORITIES!!

[​IMG]
    Can you spot the difference? Probably not, so go ahead and enjoy whichever one winds up running your life into the ground.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    billyireland laid the smackdown and I was there

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You are joking, aren't you?

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One of them smokes!

:D

7. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'll defend anyones 'right' to smoke and die in a really miserable and painful way. He can have the worst smelling breath and his clothes will smell disgustingly but that's his choice and I'll support that. Just as long as I or my family is nowhere near his foul stench and in no danger from second hand smoke then he has my full support.

Marlboro man huh! Well two of the Marlboro men, Wayne McLaren and David McLean, died of lung cancer. Their choice.

8. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think that approach is a bit off. You should have told her that the food tastes 'good' (or the way it does), but that it is bad for her in the long run. Going to McD once a month won't hurt if the rest of the food isn't off.
    Now, if you teach her how to make a tasty salade as well later she should be fine imo.

Smoking is a bit different of course, but I think just painting everything black and white (good and bad) doesn't help, and that is also true for even 5-years old I think. Things have different aspects, so saying: 'the taste of the stuff at mcd is 'good' (to 5 year olds that is ;-) ), but there are other aspects that aren't' won't hurt. She may not totally understand it but at least grap the meaning.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does ANYONE like their first cigarette? I've never smoked but, from what I've been told, it's not like people would go out of their way to do it if not for the fact that they think, (wrongly, IMO), they look 'cool'.

10. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I liked my first one. In fact, I liked my first experience with every drug I've tried.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is sometimes I think people who smoke don't quite appreciate, (possibly because their sense of smell is frazzled beyond all measure :D). That they, basically, stink like a lump of dog-shit.

Even people who are the most fastidious people in the world, (and Americans can certainly claim some awards in that regard ;)), still seem to think it's OK to smell like they haven't bathed for a year because of cigarettes, pipes or cigars.

It's pretty incredible, tbh.

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good looking chick lives two doors down from me. Damn, what a pity...

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pardon?

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I assume he means said individual smokes and hence loses much of her appeal. ;)

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, sorry. My post wasn't the most clearly written. But yup, I was out washing my car one day and she walked over to say hi. I could smell the smoke when she was 5 feet away. She had just moved in with some other people and they share this house. I guess no one else in the house smokes because she's always sitting out on the front steps puffing away. As a former smoker I thought it wouldn't bother me much but it really does.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh, right :)

Yeah, I've heard that reformed smokers can be worse then non-smokers in this respect.

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    One of my uncles smoked for over 20 years and turned into the biggest anti-smoking nazi almost overnight. Always the first one to complain about it, anyway.

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maybe it's because your senses that you never knew you were missing come back. Things smell better or worse, food tastes better or worse, depending...

I went to this high dollar steakhouse about a month ago. I used to go all the time. I can't believe how frickin' tasty that filet I had was, not to mention the cabarnet I washed it down with.

(although a smoke after the meal would've been awesome :eek: )

19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worst of the worst. The chain smoker turned anti-smoking nazi.

20. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I didn't mind mine (I was 14, a bit drunk, on vacation in Spain, and got it offered from a hot girl). However, it was my last one, so...

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Who wants a giggle? :D

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885358

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team: