News: Myanmar Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yazadarit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Let's discuss about Myanmar football team here.

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    You got any news on the team? Or on the domestic league?

3. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    currently my news sources about myanmar football team are from international media only and I've no idea what's happening in myanmar premier league.

I am trying to contact MFF for the latest news about myanmar team. I will also scan through myanmar-language sport journal for league information. I will keep you all update when I got some information..

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Busy day for Myanmar football :

Myanmar NT won 1-0 against Bangladesh in Merdeka Cup, ready for semifinals if they dont lose to Mozambique U20 in last group match.

The Women`s NT lost to Australia 5-1 in AFF Championship semifinals , will play Thailand in Bronze medal match.

Myanmar Beach Soccer NT lost 1-7 to UAE in the first group match un Asian Beach Games on Bali.

5. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks for the update jonny.

Yeah, Myanmar NT team should win Mozambique U20 to reach to semi-final

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Myanmar national team can be strange in how they perform.

Recently they beat Vietnam in the HCM City Cup, but then in Merdeka they lost to Vietnam Under 23's!

I hope come the AFF Championship, that they perform well, like they did last time out getting draws, this time they just need a victory and push Singapore and Indonesia all the way.

7. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    This is how Myanmar NT playing, giving the supporters the roller coaster feeling. They don't like to being taking anything as granted. They will lose in group stage if you expect them to be a champion, they will win a title when nobody show interest in them.

So, Myanmar supporter like me always expect the unexpected from our lovely Myanmar team [​IMG]

8. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    1st half 15mins
    Bangladesh 0 : 1 VietName U23
    Mozambigue U 20 0 : 0 Myanmar

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Bronze medal match AFF Women`s Championship :

Thailand - Myanmar 3-0

10. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    1st half 38mins
    Bangladesh 1 : 1 VietName U23
    Mozambigue U 20 0 : 0 Myanmar

11. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    No medal for defending champion this year :(

12. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    HT
    Bangladesh 1 : 1 VietName U23
    Mozambigue U 20 1 : 0 Myanmar

:mad:

13. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    FT
    Bangladesh 2 : 2 VietName U23
    Mozambigue U 20 2 : 3 Myanmar

it is more like it :)

Mozambigue U 20 2 : 3 Myanmar

38' 1-0
    56' 1-1
    64' 2-1
    67' 2-2
    71' 2-3

Myanmar comeback from behind twice b4 beating Mozambigue U 20 with the score line 3:2. Myanmar NT is in semi now. They will meet either Malaysia or Sierra Leone (mostly likely with malaysia)

14. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Grand Royal Challenge Cup 2008

Grand Royal Challenge Cup 2008 11Nov-21Nov

1st Prize - $15000
    2nd Prize - $7500

Participating Teams:
    Myanmar NT
    Indonesia NT
    Bangladesh NT
    Vietnam OT
    Malaysia U-23
    South-Korean club team

15. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    Myanmar is improving!Keep this performance shabab!:)

I am happy to see this thread active.:)

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Re: Grand Royal Challenge Cup 2008

Have you got anymore information on this tournement?

I managed to find this from http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2008-09/27/content_7066603.htm

YANGON -- Myanmar to hold the 2008 Grand Royal Challenge Cup soccer tournament in Yangon in November as a preparation for the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Championship to be held in Thailand and Indonesia in December, according to the Myanmar Football Federation (MFF) Saturday.

Two soccer teams from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Malaysia and Indonesia, have already confirmed to take part in the third Grand Royal Challenge Cup soccer tournament slated for November 9-15, and the MFF has sent invitation letters to two more teams, Bangladesh and a South Korean club, to vie for the tournament, it said.

At the 2005 Grand Royal Challenge Cup football tournament held at the Thuwunna Youth Training Center here in November 2005, four teams -- China's U-19, India's U-19, Bangladesh's selection (with an average age between 23 and 25) and host Myanmar's U-23 -- competed at the tournament and the Myanmar U-23 team beat the Bangladesh selected team 2-1 after the extra time in the final and won the trophy.

17. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Re: Grand Royal Challenge Cup 2008

Grand Royal Challenge Cup Started at 2005 and it didn't held at 2007.

2005 Grand Royal Challenge Cup
    Teams: Myanmar U23, Bangladesh NT, China U-20, India U-20

Group Stage
    Bangladesh NT 3:1 China U20
    Myanmar U23 11:0 India U20
    China U20 3:1 India U20
    Myanmar U23 2:1 Bangladesh NT
    Myanmar U23 0:0 China U20
    Bangladesh NT 2:0 India U20

Final
    Myanmar U23 2:1 Bangladesh NT

2006 Grand Royal Challenge Cup
    Teams: Myanmar NT, Myanmar U23, Malaysia U23, Indonesia U23

Myanmar U23 1:0 Malaysia U23
    Myanmar NT 2:1 Indonesia U23
    Myanmar U23 0:0 Indonesia U23
    Myanmar NT 0:1 Malaysia U23
    Indonesia U23 1:1 Malaysia U23
    Myanmar NT 3:2 Myanmar U23

Final
    Myanmar NT 3:2 Myanmar U23

The levle of participating teams for Grand Royal Challenge Cup from 2005 to 2008 is going up. I hope there will be good quality matches this year.

18. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ref: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=926775

Malaysia, Vietnam To Play Tournament In Myanmar

Malaysia and Vietnam have lined up more warm up tournaments before the AFF Suzuki Cup to be held in December as they have agreed to play in the third Grand Royal Challenge Cup football tournament in Yangoon on November 11.

Group A features Bangladesh, Myanmar and Indonesia while Group B features Vietnam, Malaysia and South Korean professional club Ulsan Hyundai FC. Bangladesh will face hosts Myanmar for the second time in as many months when the two sides lock horn in the opening match.
    Bangladesh coach Shafiqul Islam Manik, who returned home with the team on Tuesday after their campaign in the Merdeka Cup, believes that the good show in Malaysia will help them build a stronger national team.
    Bangladesh lost 1-0 to both Mozambique Under-20s and Myanmar national team before holding Vietnam's Olympic squad 2-2.
    "The result may not tell all things but I am happy because I got what I wanted off the players. We did not have high hopes but they fulfilled my desires,"Manik told The Daily Star.
    "The footballers were totally committed and did their best. We could not do better than this with the team we have and the amount of training we could give them. It was one step forward and we can go four more steps ahead if we stick to the task."
    "We have also learned many things. Every team went with a coaching staff of four to five. We have to stop sending officials and take more coaching staff," added the ex-national captain.

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I see Myanmar host Bangladesh in the opening game, do you have a schedule for the rest of the tournement?

20. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    I contacted to the office of the one myanmar local journal, but they don't know the schedule yet. It might not have been released from MFF.

21. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Merdeka Cup Semi Final

Myanmar 0:4 Malaysia :mad:

22. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Grand Royal Challenge Cup

Group A
    Bangladesh, Myanmar and Indonesia
    Group B Vietnam, Malaysia and Ulsan Hyundai FC

11/11/08 Myanmar vs Bangladesh
    12/11/08 Vietnam OT vs Malaysia
    13/11/08 Bangladesh vs Indonesia
    14/11/08 Malaysia vs Ulsan Hyundai FC
    15/11/08 Myanmar vs Indonesia
    16/11/08 Ulsan Hyundai FC vs Vietnam OT

18-19/11/08 Semi-finals
    21/11/08 Final

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Thanks.

Malaysia is playing with the coming SEA GAmes team (U23) ?

24. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yes, Malaysia U23 will participate in this Grand Royal Challenge Cup, not their senior team.

25. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Actually Myanmar got worse. They were much better from 2001 - 2006. And a little shaky last year. Now totally gone.

I'm suspecting that the coach is not good. So what if he's a Brazilian? Myanmar defence is very bad. I serious do not know what happened. They are now back to their ways in late 90s. Trash the minnows, and get thrashed by the other 5 top teams.