NY Red Bulls at Columbus - Thurs-September 18, 2008 at 7:00PM [R] Pre, During, Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Sep 14, 2008.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Of course not, I blame the bunch pieces of shiiiiiiiiiit Magee, Boyen and Goldy, because Richards has to be at the defense area helping them, he was overworked and when he was near the other end was exhausted and most of the time loose the ball... Richards was running up and down all the game and no even supermen could play good like that....And that has been for the last three games, when they has been letting Jimenez and Parke off the games, lining up Goldy and Boyen instead...

2. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Jimenez was kept out due to back spasms as was reported earlier in this thread and on Ives play-by-play...

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is somebody who understands my frustration...Well said and well put I think people needed someone outside of me to bash Richards because he is far from holy. He's a bench player at best in my eyes someone who you put on late on if you need a goal just to cause some havoc, but to use him as your catalyst is just in my eyes crazy.

I have noticed one thing: The US needs to quit looking at speed as a deciding factor. It's not just god damn speed this isn't the 100m. You need ball skill....

Signed,
    #1 Dane Richards Basher/Hater/Whatever you like I'm going to be open about it.

4. SAM85

SAM85 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    New York
    Didn't realize that Jiminez had back spasms.... did he suffer from this when we played RSL too? He was on the bench for that game because I saw him warming up.

And as far as Dane, sorry Metz, whether Magee is in the middle or not (which by the way is NOT his position, but the coach keeps putting him there) he struggles. Enough with the excuses. Dane is not as good as everyone makes him out to be!

It is not that I hate Dane, or want to bash him, I am just telling you what I see. Everyone else on this team seems to get bashed regularly by you guys, Dane for some reason escapes a lot of it and I never understood why. As a matter of fact usually when Dane is mentioned a ton of excuses go up as to why he played so poorly. And it is never his fault, it is always someone else.

5. RedBullFan17

RedBullFan17 Member

May 6, 2008
    NY
    Columbus showed they deserved to be on top of the table. Magee played horrible, Boyens & Gothwaite sucked. Dane has poor crosses.

Lets hope DC lose and we can pick up that home win on saturday.

6. JabbaHursty

JabbaHursty New Member

Jul 9, 2007

Many readers here are thinking that Kandji is just some kind of USL forward trying to step up the "big leagues." In truth, he doesn't even belong in the MLS and won't be there very long. If he weren't so green and inexperienced, he'd be starring for Arsenal or Barcelona right now. And the price you paid for him is about what you pay for a journeyman player from an Irish amateur side and many of you still think it was too much to spend.

7. pjae

pjae New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    new york state
    so we're another stopping point for a hot forward on his way to the big leagues?

none of us has seen him play and we've been burned many, many times (doe, etcheverry, etc.). i'm sure he'll be the phenom you say he is, but let us see him at home first before you have him leaving for arsenal please.

8. JabbaHursty

JabbaHursty New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    of course you are a stopping point. Do you understand that when the Yankees come calling, no one says "yeah, but I think I'll stay here in Scranton instead."?

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Why they don't public that on the Red Bulls Web when weekly they list the Injury players for the game of that week... I thing we have a right to know why a player that is considered a tenant of such position, isn't in the line up..... And what "back spasms" mean, if I tell my boss that bull shit for a excuse, to no be at my job, he will look a replacement for life, not only for the week end....

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    WOW, ...are you telling us, that Macumba is a second coming of D'Estefano, Pele or Maradona or what?....

Hold your horses boy, we haven't see him play his first game just yet, and we aren't sure if he will be the player we need to partner with Angel, I hope that's the case, but we have to see him play three or more games before make conclusions... Of course, I welcome him, because any natural Striker around the world have to be better than Magee and Wally and that's our hope.... But from there to be the second coming of Christ......

11. eightyhoursaway

Jun 5, 2008
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    im pretty sure if you can't play soccer if you have back spasms. just take about 2 seconds, clear your mind, and think about it, buddy.

12. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    man you really have a ton of hate for Magee, but truth be told Magee is a forward but he is being played as an attacking midfielder. Magee has more touch in his d*ck than you do in both your feet combined and thats not an insult, thats a fact. He is a skillful player and I guarantee you that most coaches would agree with that. If he wasnt he wouldn't have been kept for so long. Now before you tell me how much Magee sucks and etc...I understand that he isnt having the best games for quite some time and frankly he is useless..but to say that any striker around the world is better than Magee or even Woly is simply just being ignorant.

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

I don't hate no body, but Magee, Wally, Etcheverry, Leitch, Boyen and Goldy, are westing spots in the Red Bulls roster that we need so desperate, and that piss me up, And if is that Magee is not having the best games, that is true, because for five years is playing garbage, and that is a FACT.... And maybe he have skill when he is along with the ball in practice or on his back yard, but not when he had a player marking him, and because he can't do nothing else to do, intentional trow him self to the grass and complain to the referee in his silly way that only he can...

And I tell you this more, if Osorio keep playing him, Boyen and Goldy, not even in the play off we will be in, and that's a fact too, write that in some place, for tomorrow...

14. SAM85

SAM85 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    New York
    I totally agree! Mike may not be the "best" striker out there, but when he actually PLAYS HIS POSITION I think his skill does come through. Those games that he scored he was actually playing his position. And have you ever talked with him in person? Have you ever heard how much he has struggled since his knee injury, needing not one, but TWO surgeries to get it fixed right? How hard he has pt'd and trained to get back on the field, and to try to be the player he once was? Besides that he is a really nice guy, but that is besides the point.....

But the same people who hate Magee seem to just LOVE Dane, and I don't get that either...... I feel that his level of play has gone down every game. It is a bit disappointing, but he too has suffered a bunch of injuries this year.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter what we all think, or the line ups we all think will work, or the players we think should be played. The coach doesn't listen to any of us, and does as he pleases. Lets just hope the team he puts on the field Saturday can pull off a win, because we desperately need it!

And lets be real, we all have our favorites, but it still comes down to this. All these guys that we praise or bash are all part of the "RED BULLS" the team that all of us here are supposed supporters of. We complain every game whether we win or lose, and mention the "curse" constantly. Maybe the changes for the team should start here. Maybe if the good vibes start coming from the fans the players will feel it. The last game a fan from the GSS supporters club area was yelling "You suck Conway" after he gave up that goal. That is NOT what the team needs.

I just hope we make the playoffs at this point, and that I won't have to go sit in the snow/rain/ cold in NE again to watch them play!

15. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    There we go, if Magee will not miss the three goal opportunities we have last Thursday, we don't will be in this kind of limbo, that is keeping us jake'd...

16. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magee 4 Ever!!! =)

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Yup, and never will have a hardware to show.....

18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Red Bulls supporters will make the Silver Magee Cup and award it on a yearly basis--although what it should be awarded for i have no idea....

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    THE RUBBISH MAGEE CUP...