Very Disappointed

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by HsH_Crew, Jul 30, 2008.

1. HsH_Crew

HsH_Crew New Member

May 28, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    First off I would like to make it clear i am not talking about your fans i had a great time chatting with the few Rapids fans we came across. Also in terms of design your stadium was also excellent. As a functioning organization your team and front office has failed misserably. Sure the SG was small but as a Crew fan i have nothing against that we have only recently began finding numbers.

But when I drive 20 hours to spend a weekend in Colorado for what I thought would be a great time at an away match and i am thrown out in the first half for one word I am outraged.

To explain the story when we scored our first goal my friend put his leg on the ledge of the front row. A man walked over and told us not to do that anymore so he stopped. After Lenhart was ejected we yelled bulshit maybe 2 times and a few other cuss words. Then just began chanting Steven Lenhart. Shortly after 10 police officers, 4 event staff security guards and a man in a suit and a woman nicely dressed appoarched us took us from our section took all my information down and ripped my ticket up. Then told us that we were being thrown out becuase we had be cussing the entire game and had been warned multiple times by several workers to stop. Then one chimes in and says bottom line we just dont want another West Ham incident with your types here in our stadium.

So thank you Colorado Rapids for making me waste $200 on gas, $300 on hotels, not to mention food and our tickets, all so i could watch the game from a bar across the street from your stadium. Again my issue is not with you fans but your front office. I will never return to your stadium which is a shame cuz i was having a great time up until that point.

I am also contacting leaders from SGs from around the leauge with our story and will make it a personal mission to prevent as many away supporters from ever attending your games until I recieve a formal apology and a refund for my trip. Whch i know will never happen. As for now i will gurantee there will not be anymore Hudson Street Hooligans visiting your stadium

IS this how your stadium always works? Cuz i pretty sure i thought ur supporter groups tried starting the U suck A hole chant which is just as bad as what i did?

2. baldZidane

baldZidane New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow .... did you go to the dragon boat festival? :cool:

3. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I am SORRY!

And applaud your efforts for keeping away fans from coming! This is how it is on an every day level at the DICK.

So....

Again I am sorry, and hope the best for C-Bus this year.

Cheers,

Teddy Montoya
    NCC

4. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the Dick, where the FO will screw you over and over again.

Im sorry that this happened to you. We (section 100 the C-firm and NCC) have been having problems with security all season long. People have been thrown out or threatened to be thrown out for close to nothing (some reasons are legit, but most are not.)

Im not sure you will ever get an apology, i hope you do but i highly doubt it.

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I'm somewhat shocked. I've never been harassed for swearing and lord knows I have given the performances the Rapids put on the field. I can't think of another professional sporting event where anyone has been thrown out for swearing. I can understand if someone is constantly swearing towards other fans, staff or players but this seems like a few slips of the tounge in frustration.

RFO, are you really trying to create an idilic setting for children to watch soccer? Or is this a professional sporting event where people can enjoy themselves and be entertained? Certainly there cane be some middle ground achieved.

I'm not trying to say profanity has to be a part of an enjoyable sporting event but this is the US. Personal freedoms are the norm and we're used to them. This sounds like a soccer stadium in East Germany 30 years ago.

If swearing in frustration is a crime that can get your thrown out, I will have to surrender myself next time I come in the stadium. Maybe you should give security a picture of me before the game so they can profile me and make sure I'm not saying bitch once during the game. Shit ******** Cock Suck might slip out as well. I'll be sitting in section 108 row 10 or 15 or something during the Everton match if you truely want to prevent a swearing situation. Ask Marcus, he'll know where to find me.

6. Ace7

Ace7 Member

May 1, 2006
    Sorry you had a bad experience at DSG Park.

What is club policy/rules/guidelines on swearing at Columbus Crew games? Are you happy with your front office? Are you happy with the security personnel and the job they do at your games?

7. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8

This has been mentioned in other threads but the Barra Brava will never again travel to Colorado based on the events of the season/stadium opener last year unless serious changes are made in the Rapids Front Office.

Although security was horrible, arbitrary and untrained, the real issue lies with the Rapids Front Office. They flat out lie, are not helpful, show disdain to fans, and have no desire at all to work with any fans.

I have been traveling to numerous away games for years and in my capacity as road trip coordinator for the Barra Brava have talked to numerous front office people all throughout the league. Generally speaking people in the front office league wide are pretty good people and even when hamstrung by factors outside their control (such as security/not controlling the stadium) try to work with the Barra, find reasonable solutions to problems, are upfront, and responsive. None of those descriptions apply to the Rapids FO. The Rapids FO is the most unhelpful, worthless front office league wide. They are not just incompetent they have actual disdain for fans.

None of this is an indictment of the Rapids fans who were generally amicable.

8. outforkicks

outforkicks New Member

May 20, 2005
    Denver,Co
    HSH_Crew......check your pm. (not for FO eyes)

you are not alone.

9. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, yes, that is how is works for even the home supporters. I got "booked" back in June for using the f-bomb at an inopportune moment - they gave me a little orange "fan warning" and everything! No one messes with me anymore, 'cuz I'm like all hard now. :D

Really sorry that happened to you. You didn't by chance get the name of the ridiculous sot that uttered the "West Ham incident with your types" comment, did you? I'm DYING to know who that was!

We tried the U suck A hole chant, but they keep ejecting us for such base behavior. :rolleyes: So now we just go with '********'.

10. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm going to start being a dick and not giveing them my ticket and put it in my sock or something then i'm going to file a complaient and say they were lying bout what ever i did and my wintness's are the supporters section :D i'm sure with that many complaients aganist them something would be changed :D

11. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. rm93

rm93 New Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I have to say, its definitely targeted at SGs. I have season tickets in 101, I tend to swear a lot during games (especially at that Crew game :mad:) and have never even been talked to.

The fact that they're treating away supporters like that - man. It's pretty embarassing.

13. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    You're right - I hear plenty of swearing at the games - I've yet to see any action taken ... and not just in my section or with other CVIers.

Section 100 is being targeted - and so are away supporters.

14. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids GM Jeff Plush is a tool. A lying rat bastage.

Kronke is a tool for letting this group run the team.

The security IS that bad. And EVERYONE should boycot this franchise!

15. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As mentioned above,

Supporters are targeted and things really need to stop.
    I cannot take this any longer. And its complete BS!

Anyone that read this fromthe RFO, please pass along that more than just a few fans are pissed. And that policy issues must be changed!

16. Daminada

Daminada New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Like I have said before, nothing will change until you do something big that will change it. It they are as bad as you say they are, why not bring in a camcorder and record it, then later post it on youtube? If it's really that bad, post the youtube video on a Aresnal site and see what happens. Heck, I bitched about the horrible announcer for weeks and it wasen't until I posted something about taking a recording of it and posting it on a Aresnal site that he was promptly removed. Not saying that was the cause but you never know.

So, nothing will change until you do something drastic.. nothing will change until you make the look like complete donkeys in the publics eye. As long as it's localized nobody will care and they will continue to do what they want.

17. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty bumed to hear about all this. I'm sorry your trip(s) was a bust and I hope you don't hold this against the supporters groups. I think for the most part we just want to have a good time with people who are geeks like us. I would not expect a response from the team....they already have your cash.

Is there really that much swearing at the games? Is it "more" then at a Nuggets/ Avs game? This seems like a bit of a non-issue...

Is it true the police were making people leave the parking lot right away?

18. outforkicks

outforkicks New Member

May 20, 2005
    Denver,Co

GEE ......ya think?

What just now you've figured that out? Been that way since day one.

19. outforkicks

outforkicks New Member

May 20, 2005
    Denver,Co

The Zar has spoken.

Not often I see a post by you my good man,but when I do.....short sweet and simple.

And down right TRUE.

FLUSH PLUSH

20. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Yes - lights and all.

21. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    ummm ... no I didn't just figure it out ... but forgive me for the support - I forget everyone is against ya.:rolleyes:

22. outforkicks

outforkicks New Member

May 20, 2005
    Denver,Co

23. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    The local cops have been INSANE with the buildup to DNC. Not that they were good to begin with, but shit...

24. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    At the Houston game and after a flagrant tackle by Weibel, I yelled at the top of my lungs " Hey Weibel, you're a jackass". I never saw a blueshirt or suit whatsoever. I sat in section 129.

25. Barry Off Eastenders

Jun 3, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wait, why should we be posting youtube videos to the Arsenal fan site?

They'd have to be in French anyway. :p