Die Fohlen sind wieder da - Borussia M'gladbach season 2008/2009 thread

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Borussia, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    You have right the player must play the game but

Attack with Voigt ?
    Attack with Gohouri,Svärd - yesterday Levels try it, but a good crosser ?
    We have vdB und Ndjeng to to this job, maybe Levels
    The system try to come in superior numbers situation. Not only in the defence.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luckie

You are right about Levels,i was almost impressed specially the firs thalf..when he started to use the wings and throw deep balls...but it all dies,also karim matmour does a good job on the line and wings! but we cant do it for 90 minutes for some reason??

Tell you the truth,its still about the mental attitude and to fight hard.Play with a chip on your shoulder,am not a huge fan of french and spanish sides so i cant comment about their formations and tactics..but the basics are the same..you need a steady flow between all areas of your team with proper coverage..and no matter how well the tactics may look on paper..if the players dont rip their hearts out on the field come game time..it will not bring any results!
    I remember back in the 1970s playing for GLADBACH was such an honor,even rich teams like FC bayern didnt have that CULTIC EFFECT to them,gladbach is like a cult or at least used to be..something mysterious and magical about a small tiny german city that has such a strong side without spending crazy money and buying players from all over the world...with attractive football..compact,fast and offensive...if the players respect the uniform,understand wha it stands for..and look at gladbach with pure respect..then its no problem what tactics we choose!
    I also have respect for other bundesliga teams with a long history...but none can be compared to our sweet story at gladbach..and how this team came together and went all the way to the top in europe..and our huge fan-base of course...i know those days are gone...but i have said this many times before...our only way to bring back those glory days is to look at gladbach like it used to be and how it deserves to be appreciated...not just another club in europe with some history..the players should really buy into it and and apply it game in game out:rolleyes:

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I highly doubt that we made him an offer (knowing about his wage demands) ... and also don't believe he'd join us in the current situation.

Btw: I agree with your opinion that fullbacks like Levels & Voigt don't have enough offensive quality (well, let's not talk about the defense) ... but take into consideration that the offensive quality of FB's is even more important in a 4:4:2 system (forget last season, since there's quite a difference between the 1st and 2nd league)!

The reason why we have to play with more than 1 defensive midfielder this season is the weakness of both fullbacks & the fact that our offensive midfielders are doing a pretty bad defensive job!

And don't forget that our rivals from Köln play a 4:2:3:1 as well (despite Antar's defensive qualities) ... and are pretty successful.

@ Naz

Please stop living in the past. :) I know what you mean ... but hey, be realistic!

4. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with this article, Ziege as the person who put this squad together should have been the first one to be fired.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Borussia stay 17th

Borussia failed to improve on their league position yesterday after suffering their fourth defeat in six home matches. On the contrary, things are looking serious.

more:
    CLICK

And even more bad news:

http://www.borussia.de/de/borussia_news_detail,185,0,newsid-165762.html

Alex Voigt suffered a knee injury and will be out for a few weeks ... what means that we'll be without real LB (since Jaures is injured as well). What a relief that JvdB can play that position (he's offensively stronger than Voigt & Jaures, so maybe he'll be doing a good job)!

Btw: Here's the MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hans Meyer!

Alles Gute zum 66. Geburtstag.