West Ham Academy In Chicago

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by DutchMethod, Jul 5, 2008.

1. DutchMethod

DutchMethod Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The West Ham Academy is coming to Techny (Northbrook/Glenview) to scout U10 and up players for their famous soccer academy. They've already selected about a dozen players from the USA. Imagine getting 4 hours of training at a cost of only $120. Check out the IYSA.org website for further details.

2. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    What section of the website is this in?

3. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    There are many similar 1 day-only type programs popping up throughout America.........getting selected is near impossible........nice revenue for the sponsoring club however........it's $150 btw Follow Da Money! :)
    Not knocking the Hammers though......

4. DutchMethod

DutchMethod Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Think it was $120 in advance... Running the numbers, let's see, 4 hours or training @ $30 / hr. Well, the guys at SMP in the north suburbs are charging - and getting - $50 to $60 / hr. and not Hammers trainers. It's interesting, couldn't possibly think they find more than a handful in the whole USA. You'd think almost everyone else is pretty well identified.

5. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I heard about this. I also saw something where they were going to be in Ohio,Atlanta and Canada. I think it's great.

6. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    I wish Arsenal would do it ....

7. sostoked

sostoked Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    West Ham is supposed to be one of the top development programs, so I love to see them get involved. The thing I don't understand is why English teams are trying to develop American talent, since work permit issues make it hard for them to sign our players. If it were Bundesliga or Erdivisie teams, that would make more sense...

8. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    There are a lot of second generation kids of eurpean extraction playing in the U.S.Getting a Euro passport is not a problem for these kids.
    With these "paid" coaching/I.D. clinics the club has it's expenses covered,they might actually pick up new paying fans as a result (the type that actually buy the club merchandise), the trainers get a bit of a break from their usual grind and the club just might find a diamond in the rough.......

Win Win situation for the club