FC Dallas to Hire Hyndman

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by xanthippas, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xanthippas

xanthippas Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jun 8, 2004
    Bedford, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Ives:

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was made way earlier than that.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And by that, you mean "when HSG took over the team," right?

4. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you can be pessimistic and then when HSG is wrong, beat your chest. Or you can be optimistic, and when you're right then you'll be much happier.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ;)

well that too,

but specifically in this case, the decision was made very quickly after Morrow was fired.

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Good job, again, being out front on this. Did you have any doubts when the team didn't announce it for so long?

BTW, any word what the reason for the delay has been if it was decided a couple weeks ago? Why not announce it previously and get the old man on board and, in theory, learning the team and trying to get him to turn things around.

7. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not my first choice, but oh well. I hope he is able to get this team to play soccer.

If either the TD or HC job is not a temporary hire, I see this as another money saving blunder by HSG.

8. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    He had a family vacation already planned, and wanted to do that first. Yes, thats right. God we are a joke.

9. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Don't mean to come off as a SH apologist, but I am a bit optimistic about the change.

Probably right about the vacation, but the Euro 2008 might be just the place that soccer people: coaches, agents, trainers, advisors, go to schmooze and make deals. I wouldn't be so critical of something like that. But, I doubt he has a short term outlook. After 3 years of running a club w/o a head coach, what is one more week?

10. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give Hyndman the benefit of the doubt.

But, here's the deal: As bad as things have been under the previous regime(s), they did do one thing right- the youth movement.

I am a big, big believer that a well-orchestrated youth movement can eventually deliver the success FC Dallas supporters desire. I believe this to be the case even moreso in a salary-capped league.

This is not the time to bitch about 1,529 defensive midfielders all trying to fit into the first XI. It is time for Hyndman to do what we've all been told he does best: find and develop talent to fill out the core of this team for the years to come.

11. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Man, just can't wait for the "sold out stadiums" now!!

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my only doubt was that Schellas, being the kind of guy he is and having the power of the bargaining position with the Hunts, would pull out before it got rubber stamped and finalized.

the vacation has been mentioned. But also they needed to get the contract details worked out between team and league etc. Camps was an issue I understand, those are big money for college coaches. You will notice that the deal was done enough with the Hunts that he could leave the country while all the technicalities happened.

Ives didn't confirm the dual role TD thing, but I am still hearing that's happening and that could be part of the delay.

13. tornado fan

tornado fan Member

Apr 14, 2006
    classic ...

14. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    When's the other shoe scheduled to drop...?:rolleyes:

15. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    At the very least they've broken the string of hiring the assistant of the guy they just fired.......so we've got that going for us, which is nice. Unlike the Morrow hire, which I was against from the very beginning, and the Clark hire, which I felt was completely uninspiring.....I'm okay with "waiting and seeing" on Schellas. Sure, we can rip the guy apart for never winning the big one at SMU, or for not having professional experience. But I'm not so sure those things are great indicators of potential success. I'm eager to give him a chance to show what he's capable of with professional players. I wouldn't call myself optimistic, but I'm interested.

16. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    "Interested" well put. I myself would add: "hopeful", "anticipating", even "desperate" to see soccer return to the metroplex. Do you realize how long it's been? We haven't had real soccer here since the 20th century. I too am "interested" to see if Schellas can deliver.

17. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes three of us. I feel kinda stupid since I've never seen him coach nor know very much about him, but since he's not straight from the current FCD coaching staff I'd like to think that something new is something to look forward to. Maybe not better, but new...

Let's give the man a chance... Whaddaya say, folks?

18. Valknut

Valknut Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK but being an FCD fan requires if not allows for perpetual pessimism, right?

19. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Not so much.

20. Valknut

Valknut Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [/QUOTE]

Well, let define a chance shall we? I say rest of this doomed year and the playoffs <Jim Mora>PLAYOFFS?</Jim Mora> sounds about right, eh?

21. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True that, man... But then that would make me the optimism to your pessimism, since I'm just not a "glass-half-empty" kind of guy. I guess my optimism might be wrong when all is said and done, but I'm gonna remain interested and glad for the future... That's just who I am, bro...

GO HOOPS!!! (Sig will be changed soon...)

22. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Oh no, don't encourage them, I can see the obvious Lloyd Christmas quote in 3, 2, 1, ....

23. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "So, you're saying there's a chance..." lol

Well, it was either that or "ALRIGHT! Kill him!", and I can only hope you didn't mean that, Theo... *cringes in fear of angry anti-Hyndman mob*

24. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Is it too early to start a "Fire Schellas" thread? :p

25. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's actually too late since there is already a "Fire Hyndman" thread. ;)