Places to watch MLS in Atl

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by DC Fan in Chatt, May 20, 2008.

1. DC Fan in Chatt

DC Fan in Chatt New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going to be in Atlanta saterday night and wanted to watch the LA vs KC game on HDnet, anyone know some places that have that channel???

2. Curva Nord

Curva Nord Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brewhouse in Little 5 Points is a great place to watch matches. Lots of Atlanta bars get FSC.

Don't know if Brewhouse or others get HDnet though. Best if you give them a call.

3. DC Fan in Chatt

DC Fan in Chatt New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the help, but just found out im going to be staying at the marriott right by the airport, any place closer to there that anyone knows of?

4. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    The Brewhouse has HDnet and Direct Kick. You don't have to worry about whether or not you can get a TV changed to the game if you go there. The drive isn't too bad. Riverdale Rd to I-85 North to Freedom Parkway. Freedom Parkway to Moreland Ave take a rt. Check the site they have directions. http://www.brewhousecafe.com/

I'm making an assumption you'll have a car and not be counting on public transport and taxis. If that's the case you could try the finish line sports bar at the airport hilton but I would call and check first.

Don't count on being able to park in the brewhouse lot but Little 5 has plenty of parking usually no more than $2 for the pay lots.

I'ld say the drive is 15 minutes maybe a little more. If you go to the Brewhouse go in the front and take a left to the smaller room. If there is anybody watching any of the MLS games they'll probably be in that room. The food isn't bad. The Beer selection is good. The majority of the staff is great.

They are resurfacing the downtown connector but you are in luck if you come to the brewhouse as they aren't working this weekend so no lane closures.

I'll more than likely be at the brewhouse at some point before the game starts. I might watch some of the Chivas game than the LA game.

Hopefully you'll see this before tomorrow night.

5. Curva Nord

Curva Nord Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that info. I didn't know that.

6. ben9

ben9 Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Atlanta
    Just don't expect them to give you any volumn if the games are at night.

7. Curva Nord

Curva Nord Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Used to that. Had them refuse to put the sound on a USA game for a while even though there were several tables asking for it.

8. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Thats disappointing for a "soccer bar."

9. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    Depends on what "a while" was. You mean it was a few minutes into the game before they turned up the sound. Was the bar really busy? Did you ask the manager or your server. Was there a game on with half the bar watching that ended a few minutes into the US game?

It is a little dissapointing but they are generally very accomadating to soccer fans. You may not get sound for Saturday night MLS games (although if you ask you might) but you can generally watch multiple games at one time if you want.

10. Curva Nord

Curva Nord Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was disappointing. In general, Brewhouse has been very accomdating.

On this occasion, we asked our server, along with some others and the manager. The "a while" was at least 15 mins into the game. Might have been longer but I don't remember the specifics.

It took my wife going inside to complain to get it going. Nothing like a woman scorned!