Tony award for Schelotto !

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by azorean, May 18, 2008.

1. azorean

azorean Member

Feb 26, 2006
    uma grande cidade
    [youtube]uCBS-yymyrk[/youtube]

2. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008
    typical argentine antics

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A masterpiece!!!

4. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thats awesome.
    what a tit. The best was him signalling he had enough and wanted to be subbed. Instead of playing through it he chooses to give up.

I for one hope we dont have an of those antics from one of our boys. I guess based on the past we might have to worry about El Lobo doing something like that but I would think that Carver wouldnt stand for it.

5. mikenike

mikenike Member

May 31, 2007
    fantastic

6. Pyeddo

Pyeddo New Member

May 8, 2007
    That was fantastic

7. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ... and an Emmy for video editing for Azorean! :D

B

8. TFCviaUK

TFCviaUK Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Absolutely awesome video!

Schelotto's just got no class whatsoever. I hate to say it, but it's players like him who ruin the game. I sit in section 117, and could see very clearly the first time he "fell" over and stood there eyeing the linesman - there was some contact for sure, but I think my 2 yr old daughter who was with me at the game would've stayed standing!!!

I hate seeing that in players, which is why I personally can not stand Cristiano Ronaldo (to be fair, he's not as bad now) - fantastic player who I would love to watch if I knew that he would not fall over at the slightest contact.

Footie is semi-contact sport and whoever tells you otherwise does not know the rules of the game. I've seen blatant shoulder charges called as "shoulder to shoulder" so if Schelotto thinks that he can get fouls by falling over when someone breathes on him, then he is either clearly trying to cheat the ref, or does not know the rules of the game... For anyone not sure, I guarantee its not the latter.

Great vid - Schelott, you should be ****ing ashamed of yourself - I hope you or your team mates read this board, because if I was your coach, I would be hanging you by your balls for that display!

9. rocker

rocker New Member

Dec 15, 2006
    azorean has done it again!
    love those videos.. the choice of music at 1:50 with Schellotto on the ground made me laugh!

10. mikey99

mikey99 Member

May 15, 2007
    I think we should send him a get well card, he must suffer from the bends, the amount of diving he does.

11. mikey99

mikey99 Member

May 15, 2007
    BDRS posted this on the RP's forum. thought it was sad but true, and hilarious....would be perferct for the front of the get well soon card.

[​IMG]

12. daveed

daveed New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Vancouver
    I thought it was messed up when he started asking to be subbed off.

13. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    haha that was classic! Just imagine if you compiled a video from a whole season of Blanco/Schelotto dives and antics, you'd have a full length feature!

14. T.Reds

T.Reds New Member

May 18, 2007
    Toronto
    He should be in Argentina's Olympic diving team. It will be a guaranteed Gold.

15. gr0bar12

gr0bar12 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Toronto
    This is the one thing that literally kills the game. I love football and all but this is annoying. It's the one reason why I loved the MLS, because it is so rare that it was a pleasure to watch... Until Schellotto stepped on the field.

I've always been saying that even though I am against video replays and whatever, yellow and red cards should be given after the game once a video review of the whole game took place. By FIFA rules and not just here. You would see a pile of reds (if it was a dive that created a penalty and greatly altered the outcome) and yellows, at first but soon after the diving would stop... The score would stand and nothing would change the outcome of the live game, but in tournaments and league play it would create a more fair play strategy... Diving is a form of cheating and needs to be looked after...

16. hammersandTFC

hammersandTFC New Member

May 19, 2008
    brantf
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Schelotto's antics this past saturday is the reason soccer has problems getting a strong foothold on this continent. North American non-soccer fans who are used to physical sports such as hockey and football point to that kind of flopping around as to one of the reasons why they aren't fans of the BEAUTIFUL game. If you are legitimately hurt that's one thing, otherwise don't lay there flopping around reeling in pain like you've just become LEE HARVEY OSWALDS latest victim.

17. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    A Tony award is for good acting; clearly Schelotto is ineligible, or else we wouldn't be having this debate, and we'd all be sending him flowers in sympathy.

18. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008
    Showing your age there a lil bit old timer... :p

as far as diving.. if you can do it propperly, I think its valid... you'll see if we qualify for the concacaf CL... it's a tactic... granted it's used more in africa and south america, but it's a style...

Having said that.. the refs in the MLS are atrocious.. allowing him to continuing to do that until the last 15 minutes of the game... I've seen some bad refereeing in my time... but MLS refs are a whole other league... If they don't believe it's a foul, yellow card the guy...

19. use_stupid_name

Jun 3, 2007
    Brampton

Last time I checked you get carded for diving, how is that a tactic? Getting away with it is one thing, but to defend it?