Is Cristiano Ronaldo's Ego Too Big....

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by inter22, Apr 27, 2008.

1. inter22

inter22 New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Cristiano Ronaldos Ego Too Big
    Have your say!!!

2. chelseaboi

chelseaboi New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    yes he always brags he the best but he really aint
    ok he can do some tricks but tht aint football he does them to show off he dont need to do them all the time

look when he played against chelsea he was rubbish he was blocked out by the chelsea players never given a chance
    sae with barca
    he needs to change hes mind or he will get moct and then he wont be the big up player he is made to be 2dai

3. ApproachWithCaution

Dec 16, 2006
    South Wales, UK.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    No. He's very confident and perhaps arrogant. But look at Ronaldinho, Deco and Cashley Cole. They all have far bigger egos than Ronaldo.

4. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    How can you say Ronaldinho has a bigger ego? In his prime he never bragged as much as Ronaldo that he is the best player in the world.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldinho? No way. You are smoking ManU crack with that statement. CRonaldo has a far bigger ego than Ronaldinho ever had, and it isn't even close.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Is it too big for what? Too big for United? Too big for football? Too big for his boots? Or just too big for the BS Soccerati? I didn't realise these things were being measured - and I don't for the life of me know against what they were being measured.

7. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    the problem with ronaldo is not his ego, but his manhood... just look at all the times he dives inside the box waiting for the ref to give out cards and penalties.

8. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Show me a quote, preferably with a link, where Cristiano Ronaldo states that he s the best in the world? He's never said any such thing and when sked about his form always, and I do mean always, praises his team mates for making everything possible for him.

Ronaldinho, on the other hand, is unfit and offform. He is oin his way out this summer because his attitude has seen become unfit. Hardly the model professional. Oh, and Chelseabois, learn to spell son.

Against Barca opur defensive set-up coupled with an tough away game probably didn't help him. Against Chelsea he was rested and when he came on he was practically man-handled in the box. Ballack deserved to concede a penalty for that misdemeanor. Regardless of what people say, there isn't a team in the world who wouldn't have him.

There are far worse players than Ronaldo. The boy gnerally enjoys his football and plays with a smile, unless he's being wrestled to the ground like Ballack tried to do on Saturday....... :rolleyes:

9. inter22

inter22 New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've got a perfect example and it wasnt too long ago either in fact just last week after the match against Barcelona.

After the match he was asked about how he feels missing the penalty and he said It doesnt really matter that he missed because he will score in manchester anyway.

To me that sounds like he thinks he's the best.

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To me it sounds like someone who's scored 38 goals this season.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a horrible little cunt, but I've struggled to understand the whole showboating/ego thing everyone's got about him since that nerk from Roma whined on about being shown up by him.

There's nothing in the rules to say that you're not allowed to flaunt your superiority over another player or team. And even if there were, it's highly debatable that Ronaldo actually does do anything like that.

11. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the level of player we're talking about, a big ego is almost essential. Without the overconfidence and self belief, he wouldn't get the results he gets. It would be a problem, if he had that ego and played like, oh let's just say Shevchenko for one.

12. DSRW7

DSRW7 Member

Sep 27, 2004
    SO'TON, INGLATERRA
  13. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    He has said a few times before, one of the times stating: "I don't need to demonstrate that I am the No.1 in the world . Over the nine months of the season the work you do will show who really is the best. If I am named the best in the world, it won't be a surprise to me."

Satisfied now?

And during the PFA award: "But you have many players who have had a good season - Torres, Fabregas, many players. But I think I deserve to win!"

14. The Ouk

The Ouk New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    I am shocked people required proof of C Ronaldos ego.

Just shocked.

15. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a stupid thing to say. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he considers himself the best. You're an idiot for even trying to make that far-fetched fatasy assumption.

That is not a quote. That is you writing something. Why would I be happy with that?

You didn't see this interview, did you? You just read it in the papers or the internet.

The comment was made tongue in cheek. Very much as a cheeky punchline. Hence the exclamation mark?........ :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that Ronaldo has an ego. Anyone who is good at anything has an ego. If I wanted I could cherry pick quotes from any player from Steven Gerrard to Titus Bramble and make it look like they had an ego. But really, a thread for it? Really? It's just another absolutely pathetic way of putting down the best player in Europe at the moment. If you can't knock their game, then make it personal. Really, some people....:rolleyes:

16. Vyvyan13

Vyvyan13 New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I cannot see how any one can debate that Ronaldo does not have a huge ego. I admit that he may be a good player and that he has remarkable skills. However, this does not mean that he is arrogant and think of himself as the best. Anyone with a hint of intellect can detect the arrogance within what he says and the way he plays. He plays football very selfishly, doing skills and hardly passing. Alot of the time he is not a team player! He believes the name on the back is more important than the name on the front.

Personally I regard Ronaldo as a great footballer who needs to learn teamwork. He is an arrogant diego whose hair style makes him look like a poof, not to mention how greasy it looks!

17. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It just seems like a pointless thing to say.

It's like saying Joe Calzaghe is a bit handy?

Ronaldo has no bigger ego than just about any player who is world class. Is Gatusso not arrogant? Or Effenberg? Or Batistuta? Or Gerrard?

Silly thread on a silly subject.

I might start one called "The grass is green, the sky is blue"......... :rolleyes:

18. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Nuff Said.
    With a tally like that he should be able to gloat all he wants IMO.

19. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    What the hell do you mean that is not a quote? You need to get over the fact that some players have a bigger ego than others. Find me one quote that shows Messi saying anything along the lines of what Ronaldo has said above (even when it's said tongue in cheek)

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Messi was too busy in the physio room to give interviews.

21. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I mean it's not a quote, it's something you wrote yourself. It's not got a link to an interview, or a video of him saying it or anything.

Here, Gerrard said this yesterday:

"I'm the best player Liverpool has ever had. I'm such a god it's untrue".

See, I "quoted" him. But I didn't, did I? I just wrote it myself and claimed it was him saying it. See my point? Your "evidence" has no ground what so ever.

Find the link or the video and I'll hold my hands up. Otherwise it's totally invalid as any kind of "evidence" that he has a big ego. What you "quoted" doesn't even remotely sound like anything Ronaldo would ever say and as a cynic of your "quote" I 100% do not believe that is a direct quote from the player himself.

I never said Messi was an arrogant or egotistical player so I have nothing to prove, do I? What have I got to prove? That Messi said something I never claimed he said anyway?

What you did, foollishly, was read an interview out of a paper or off the net and make an assumption which has subsequently made you look a bit silly. You had no idea how it was said and why it was said, you just made your mind up. Assumption is the mother of all fûck ups.

Whenever Ronaldo has been interviewed this season he has never made an issue out of his personal acheivement, always pointing out that his team mates have made a huge contribution. If you read these interviews rather than making an assumption off a quote you saw once then you may have known this before making your ill-advised and porrly educated remark.

Roll on Moscow............. :D

22. sniper14

sniper14 New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    yes he thinks just because he is world player of the year if he dives which he does a lot he should get free kicks and penalties but he can't put them away

23. Branc3399

Branc3399 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Harrison

If he was "unable to put them away" then he wouldn't be considered one of the best players in the world would he? :rolleyes: Stupid thread. Yes he has a big ego but so do most players. You need to have an edge if you are going to play against the top competition in the world. We all need to face one fact. He is the best player in the world this year. If anyone else wins, it would be a shock to me. Manchester United has a great team and he plays a very important role on a team that is constantly under the microscope. I'm not sure why so many fans of other clubs can not simply tip their hats and say that he is great to watch and has incredible talent.

24. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I couldn't have put it more eloquently myself.